Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,521,434 times

Advertisements

I hope the Republican Party splits into the Tea Party or Fundamentalist Christian Real American Dumb People Party and the Really Rich Financier Party. They can then argue about Social Security, Bank bailouts and Creationism with each other while trying to justify starting the last Crusade against the heathen devils in the Mideast.

I also hope the Democratic Party shifts from Center Right to Center Left with more emphasis on controlling imports, both goods and people, and regulating banks and finance houses to prevent any more booms and busts while using social funding to prevent elderly poverty. It would also help if the Dems cut military adventures overseas as well as the military budget and spent the money here at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 01:16 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,794,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Did you actually read my post or the link? The one third is referring to NON HISPANICS who falsely believe that most hispanics are here illegally--it's not referring to hispanics in this country, and the number (which is quite low) who come here undocumented. I'm guilty of skimming posts and misunderstanding every once in awhile too, but this one went soaring right over your head.
I think you misunderstood me. I was quoting one part of your post, and agreeing with the rest of yours. I just added my additional 2 cents.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:23 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,794,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Interestingly, the wealthiest Mexicans tend to be the most socially liberal as well. That's why, for example, the Distrito Federal legalized gay marriage back in 2009.
The same thing happens in the U.S. as well, you know. The wealthiest counties in the US all vote Democrat, and the most liberal of them all is Marin County, CA in the Bay Area which is the 5th most affluent county in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So what? Most Americans do not claim that most Hispanics are here illegally.

There is no plan to strip the citizenship of anchor babies. However, we do need to re-interpret the 14th amendment as it was meant to be. At least one parent needs to be a citizen in order for the newborn to gain instant citizenship. So no, it is not too late to change that.

Our economy would improve without illegals and their kids stealing jobs and benefits from Americans. Who do you think you are kidding?
Problem is, Oldglory, perception. Perception is the problem, and the right wing has a big perception problem. The right does not communicate its ideas across clearly. In other words, the right does not play the word game as well as the left does, and that's something the right really needs to learn. When it comes to anchor babies, there's really not a lot you can do because they are here legally. Illegal immigration is not the problem, per se. The problem is the welfare state that encourages them to come here, that's the real problem. No accountability in the system, and unlimited handouts based on how many kids you have. Frankly, there needs to be a one child per household limit on welfare bennies after a certain date, that's the only way to really fix the problem. You can have one kid that's born eligible for benefits, but every subsequent child will not

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 10-02-2012 at 01:59 PM..

Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 PM

62,350 posts, read 28,634,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You're right--most don't. It's just that pesky 1/3 of the non hispanics in this country that happens to be mouth foaming radical right nut jobs. That was my point in my original post--that most people in the tea party (or at least the "teavangelicals") believe that most african americans are on welfare, and that most hispanics are here illegally. I more than documented my statement with recent polling. Your argument is a FAIL and now you're just trying to change the subject.
Then provide proof of your assertions rather than your biased opinion. Do I have to repeat once again that the foaming radicals on the right are a minority? Why is it necessary for the left to constantly pound away about them rather than the majority of the right who are not that way? Is your side so desperate to demonize the right and that is why you do this?

No my arguments are not a fail. They are truth which you and the rest of the left love to ignore. There was no changing of the subject either.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The same thing happens in the U.S. as well, you know. The wealthiest counties in the US all vote Democrat, and the most liberal of them all is Marin County, CA in the Bay Area which is the 5th most affluent county in the country.

Problem is, Oldglory, perception. Perception is the problem, and the right wing has a big perception problem. The right does not communicate its ideas across clearly. In other words, the right does not play the word game as well as the left does, and that's something the right really needs to learn. When it comes to anchor babies, there's really not a lot you can do because they are here legally. Illegal immigration is not the problem, per se. The problem is the welfare state that encourages them to come here, that's the real problem. No accountability in the system, and unlimited handouts based on how many kids you have. Frankly, there needs to be a one child per household limit on welfare bennies after a certain date, that's the only way to really fix the problem. You can have one kid that's born eligible for benefits, but every subsequent child will not
No, the right doesn't have a perception problem. The left hates them so much that they smear and exaggerate about them. The right makes their views very clear it is just that the left can't handle the truth so they put their own spin on them and holds up the radical right as exemplary of most of the right.

I never suggested that achor babies be stripped of their "undeserved" citizenship. What I was suggesting is that we make changes to birthright citizenship for the future. Illegal immigration is not a problem? You're kidding, right? You really need to educate yourself on this issue because you are totally clueless about it.

There are three guilty parties in this illegal immigration mess. Our government who won't secure our borders, enforce our immigration laws and offers them handouts and birthright citizenship. The employers who hire illegal immigrants and the illegals themselves are also guilty. They aren't the innocents that the pro-illegals want you to believe. They know what they are doing is wrong the minute they cross our borders illegally. I guess if the bank manager leaves the vault door open then robber is excused of guilt? Please....

As for you suggestion about only one child in a family being entitled to welfare benefits I totally agree!

Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,058,306 times
Quote:
No, the right doesn't have a perception problem. The left hates them so much that they smear and exaggerate about them. The right makes their views very clear it is just that the left can't handle the truth so they put their own spin on them and holds up the radical right as exemplary of most of the right.

I never suggested that achor babies be stripped of their "undeserved" citizenship. What I was suggesting is that we make changes to birthright citizenship for the future. Illegal immigration is not a problem? You're kidding, right? You really need to educate yourself on this issue because you are totally clueless about it.

There are three guilty parties in this illegal immigration mess. Our government who won't secure our borders, enforce our immigration laws and offers them handouts and birthright citizenship. The employers who hire illegal immigrants and the illegals themselves are also guilty. They aren't the innocents that the pro-illegals want you to believe. They know what they are doing is wrong the minute they cross our borders illegally. I guess if the bank manager leaves the vault door open then robber is excused of guilt? Please....

As for you suggestion about only one child in a family being entitled to welfare benefits I totally agree!
as long as thats the opinion most republicans have about their party when it comes to minorities, it will always be a struggle to win our vote. Now, you may note care about that personally, but demographics are playing a part in this election. Whether you believe the polls or not, romney should be running away with this election, but he isn't, and part of that is because minorities and single women are carrying obama, and these are the two groups that republicans seem hostile towards.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
as long as thats the opinion most republicans have about their party when it comes to minorities, it will always be a struggle to win our vote. Now, you may note care about that personally, but demographics are playing a part in this election. Whether you believe the polls or not, romney should be running away with this election, but he isn't, and part of that is because minorities and single women are carrying obama, and these are the two groups that republicans seem hostile towards.
What opinion about minorities are you speaking of? How are Republicans hostile towards minorities and women?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:15 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,918,568 times
Quote:
What opinion about minorities are you speaking of? How are Republicans hostile towards minorities and women?
Golly!?

You just can't imagine what the Republicans could have ever done that wasn't so very nice to minorities.

For example, you support raising voter ID standards so that they can have fair, clean elections.

I'm sure they won't mind that hundreds of thousands of them will not be able to vote and that we have no significant voter fraud now.

You are doing this cause right wingers love Negros and Mexicans, not because they tend to vote Democratic.

Last edited by padcrasher; 10-02-2012 at 05:56 PM..

Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,167,348 times
Quote:
The left stereotypes the right as being racist when only a small portion of them might be just as a small portion of Democrats are racists not "many" as you are implying about the Republicans. To pretend that they are is ignorant and deceptive on your part.

The right likes to pretend that both sides (Dems and GOP) are equally quilty and equally racist. Which is absolutely not supported by pure observation.

The right has many, many more racists elements than the left. That's just how things are. The KKK is associated with the right. Skinheads are associated with the right. Numerous militant groups are associated with the right. Heck, David Duke is a Republican. Several of the GOP's presidential candidates are openly (or ignorantly) racists.

The same cannot be said of the left. Seriously, can you name even one single racist Democratic politician?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Golly!?

You just can't imagine what the Republicans could have ever done that wasn't so very nice to minorities.

For example, you support raising voter ID standards so that they can have fair, clean elections.

I'm sure they won't mind that hundreds of thousands of them will not be able to vote and that we have no significant voter fraud now.

We are doing this cause right wingers love Negros and Mexicans, not because they tend to vote Democratic.
Implementing Voter ID laws is to keep our elections honest. It has nothing to do with race or minorities or which way they will vote. Every state that has implemented them is offering any citizen who doesn't have one, a free one. So how will they not be able to vote?

You as a left winger are using the "N" word now? They are black Americans. Rightwingers as you call them are not opposed to Mexicans who are here legally or are citizens. This isn't about denying votes by people who are citizens of this country. You're just spouting the ole leftwing, Democrat propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections