Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will get a bounce from the first debate?
Obama 43 59.72%
Romney 29 40.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 02:39 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times

Advertisements

You need option 3 - I don't know/neutral/depends

I think this will be grueling. Romney is naturally nastier than Obama, so he might make some inroads. I hope not much, though.

I think that the debates will not change where people stand. People know that these things are unrehearsed, whereas determining policy and making decisions takes more deliberate thought. At least, I hope they do. I think people will be sticking with the candidate with whom they stand at this juncture.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:55 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Short of some kind of major flub or a "game changing" moment, I don't think the debates will do much of anything this round. Most people have already made up their minds, and the ones who haven't are such low information voters that they're not going to watch the debates anyway, unless it's a soundbite on the news.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:00 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
All Romney has to do is make Obama loose his cool. He has a temper and tries to hide it. Tick him off and he is going to show his true colors. Can't wait to see it happen. I hope Mittster goes for the throat.

20yrsinBranson
Obama does not "lose his cool".........it just doesn't happen. And Romney is certainly not capable of "ticking" him off. You will see that happen only in your dreams.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:11 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,051 times
If you have watched past debates with Romney several things stood out, he is a people pleaser. He gets is ammunition or destruction based on the thunder or jeers of the crowd.

He is one who when getting cheers he gets his strength. When he is booed he gets upset and indignant and his body language starts to unfoil like a rich brat kid. Obama even under pressure, will let the person say what he wants and he calmly goes for the dig. He doesnt let you see him sweat.

Romney is the type who doesn't want to play by the rules but wants to run out and get the principal when you throw those same set of rules on him. Watch he will be whiney and complain to the moderator that Obama took more time than him, so weak.

And another thing mentally he is not there, its hard on him behind the scenes that his surrogates aren't really supporting him.

His party has already set him up to fail and he and his wife know. Ann has to be there because she is pretty much his only true solid report, watch his body language, he will be searching for Ann to see how he is doing. Please Obama doesnt need to look for Michelle to know whether he did well or not, Obama has seen tough times and can hold his own unlike Mitt Fairey Romney.

I just pray Romney doesn't defecate on himself while debating Obama. I can't see anything worse happening to the Romney camp. This is a campaign that isnt unified and they are very inept on whomever is handling Romney.

Romney knows he is going to lose the election but like in business he is attempting to use his poker face, and failing terribly. I am just waiting for him to pull a McCain--suspending his campaign to go help out Wallstreet, or suspend his campaign because the polls are being to mean to him...HA Mitts a joke~

Old 09-30-2012, 03:19 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
The RCP average is currently Obama +4.1, and has generally range from bout 3.5-4.3 for the past week or so. I don't think the debate will change much outside of a point or two in one direction or the other.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:51 PM

24,401 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Romney needs to win this debate more than Obama because he is behind in almost every battle state besides North Carolina.

His main challenges are not losing his cool like he did in the primaries and not coming off as heartless or out of touch with the average American.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:03 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm not asking you support, but who do you think will get a bounce in polls from the first debate and why?
Romney. Obama supporters are already much more energized than Romney supporters and I doubt very many more people will switch from supporting Romney to Obama unless something unforeseen happens. Romney needs to shine in these debates to energize his supporters and explain why his view for the future is better than the status quo.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:04 PM

14,680 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Romney has more recent experience in debating, so he should take the first round. If not, he's toast.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:06 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,573,472 times
Romney. He's so far down that he has no where to go but up.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:10 PM

24,401 posts, read 26,946,756 times
The question Romney will have to answer is how giving a massive tax cut ONLY for the top income bracket on the backs of students, seniors, poor and middle class is justified. I understand his argument, but I think it will be difficult for him to explain it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections