Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,693,156 times

Advertisements

Live-Blogging The First Presidential Debate 2012 - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

10.31 pm. Look: you know how much I love the guy, and you know how much of a high information viewer I am, and I can see the logic of some of Obama's meandering, weak, professorial arguments. But this was a disaster for the president for the key people he needs to reach, and his effete, wonkish lectures may have jolted a lot of independents into giving Romney a second look.

Obama looked tired, even bored; he kept looking down; he had no crisp statements of passion or argument; he wasn't there. He was entirely defensive, which may have been the strategy. But it was the wrong strategy. At the wrong moment.

The person with authority on that stage was Romney - offered it by one of the lamest moderators ever, and seized with relish. This was Romney the salesman. And my gut tells me he sold a few voters on a change tonight. It's beyond depressing. But it's true.

There are two more debates left. I have experienced many times the feeling that Obama just isn't in it, that he's on the ropes and not fighting back, and then he pulls it out. He got a little better over time tonight. But he pulled every punch. Maybe the next two will undo some of the damage. But I have to say I think it was extensive.

10.29 pm. How is Obama's closing statement so ****ing sad, confused and lame? He choked. He lost. He may even have lost the election tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,505,929 times
I have a different take. Rope a dope.

This is a three ring bout people. Least we forget that.

Now having stated that, I hope Romeny continues to bash the crap out of this stinking pile of feces we've had as the POSTUS for the last 4 years.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,411,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest68 View Post
in a recent poll conducted, it revealed obama is favored to stomp willard in the debate by a margin of 22%.
Sounds right to me

"the latest national survey by the pew research center for the people & the press, conducted sept., 27-30 among 1,001 adults, including 828 registered voters, finds that by a 51%-29% margin, more voters say obama will do better than romney in wednesday’s debate."

obama expected to win first presidential debate | pew research center for the people and the press

oopsssssssssssssssssssss hahahahahahahahahahahahaha:d:d:d

Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,538,753 times
Cool ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
describing your sales again???

hows sales in the queen city

you will never keep up with keller williams
falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

11,531 posts, read 10,250,354 times
If the election was tomorrow, I'd be inclined to agree with you and the blogger, but since there is a month to go, it's still up in the air.

You being on the Romney campaign will of course disagree.

Who the hell is Andrew Sullivan anyways?

44,882 posts, read 33,129,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I cant wait to hear the polls next week..
You can check Rasmussen's tomorrow and Friday.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:44 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,426,721 times
Romney won.

But here's why.

Obama was attempting to defend and explain his true, real world positions.

Romney was saying whatever anyone wanted to hear. He didn't take a position, in fact he supported things he has explicitly said he doesn't agree with.

It's alot harder to debate when you are trying to be consistent and represent a position like Obama did. Lot easier if you are just trying to appeal to the most people like Romney, even if you have to lie and contradict yourself to do it. And Romney will get away with it, because we are an uneducated country, if you've been paying attention you'd know that the Romney of the debate is not the Romney of his campaign and policies

14,317 posts, read 22,293,308 times
Default President Obama dignified in maintaining superiority

I thought Lehrer allowed Romney to talk more and did a lousy job of moderating. The President maintained his poise, followed the format, and presented his superior view. He allowed Romney to run his mouth because he knows that Romney is best at using his mouth to dig his political grave.

Romney continued the same GOP rant: Blame the problems under President Obama on Obama, not on the creator of those problems, Bush, and the perpetuation of them, Congressional Republicans. Romney can't pretend as if Bush didn't happen. He can't pretend as if Congressional Republican obstructionism didn't facilitate many of the problems he blames Obama on. He can't change his tune about the 47% he discards, pretending to suddenly be a champion of the middle class just for the debate. he can't hide from the fact that he hails from the party of Bush, that Republicans don't know how to run an economy, that Republicans explode deficits and complain about them only when a Republican is not president. He still hasn't released his tax returns. He still can't hide from his Bain involvement. Romney stinks.

Kudos to President Obama in this debate for tolerating Romney's nonsense.

6,476 posts, read 7,294,085 times
Dewey Defeats Truman!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:45 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,538,753 times
Lightbulb lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
1. Your link has nothing to do with the debate. It's old, comparitively speaking.

2. Why all at once are you quoting Gingrich like a Bible, anyway?
The truth is rarely new.

I quote the Bible verbatim.

Try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections