Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 03:24 PM

993 posts, read 831,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
I bet Oblamer is busy rehearsing what to blame on Bush, what to take undue credit for, and trying to figure out how to talk without a teleprompter.
I wonder if Oblamer is going to blame George Bush for last night's debacle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 03:25 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well, thanks, dnvrsoul. Interesting. I'm always up for learning something new. I did know about the scuba warning.

(Further proof Gore should have shut the heck up.)

No problem...the human body..it's amazing.

I agree I thought Al Gore was busy with global warming

Old 10-04-2012, 03:28 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,756,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
According to Al Gore it was the altitude. http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-al-gore.html

You know, this is not at all crazy. It varies person to person, but it can really do exactly what seemed to happen to Obama. They get listless, a bit dopey, and can have a terrible headache too. So, this might seem lame to say, but it is real possibility.

I know I live at 2000' and I took my son up to a snowcamp at 5,000' last winter. He started getting really delirious, cranky, then started to complain of a headache, then burst into tears. Just fell apart. I took him to the warming hut and a medic told me it happens every day to kids. I also had a girlfriend who I took up to 10,000, and she had it so bad she had to into the tent go lie down midafternoon until the next day.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:29 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,488,891 times
I think he stayed up until 3am in Las Vegas playing the slot machines, instead of practicing debating.

He figured if he hit the Progressive Millions jackpot a few times, he could pay off the deficit, and then announce it the debate when Romney brought up the $4 trillion that we're in the hole for.

Typical Obama strategy, IMO.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:30 PM

387 posts, read 1,045,447 times
OK, this is NOT an excuse for PO's lackluster performance last night. He absolutely should've gone after Romney harder than he did. But it is possible he wasn't feeling well. I remember when I was in grad school I had an on site interview for a job I really wanted a lot. I had to drive a couple hours to get to the interview, and during the drive I developed a massive headache. It was just awful, and here I was in a new city with no Ibuprofen. My interview performance was pretty awful, it was really difficult to be on my game with that headache, and I didn't get the job. I really wished for a do-over but there are none of those in real life.

I would definitely like to see PO give the kind of debate performance that he gave against McCain next time.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
At the risk of bursting your bubble, truth be known, Obama did not have to go into seizure mode as Romney did. No OP, Obama was not on drugs, but Romney looked like he needed some kind of sedative. As much as Obama's base wanted some red meat, The POTUS was debating with a patological liar and instead of calling him one, he's allowing the fact checkers and the American people to see that for themselves...and they are!

Quote:
This debate performance will make a lot of people take a second look at Mitt Romney. That’s not necesarily a good thing for Mitt—the closer people look at him, the less they like. Mitt got good reviews, but we have to wait for what President Obama said to sink in, and for what Mitt Romney said to sink, period. Mitt Romney seems to be an experiment in just how far a complete fraud can go. I thought we settled that with George W. Bush—and the scary part about that experiment was that the answer was “two terms as president.”

Most of what Mitt Romney said last night has already been contradicted—sometimes by Democrats, sometime by Mitt’s own staff, and always by the facts. If Obama’s strategy was questionable, at least his facts were not. You can certainly question Obama’s approach, but you can’t question what he said. You can and should question every statement Mitt Romney made.

Mitt claims that his $5 trillion tax cut would be paid for by the extra earnings resulting from robust growth. In other words, for his plan to work, it has to succeed beyond anybody’s wildest expectations. I don’t think you get it, Mitt—the plan is supposed to be the thing that makes everything better. It shouldn’t be dependent on everything getting better before it will work.

Randi Rhodes

Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Upon reflection, I think Obama had a strategy last night.
I think he truly thought Romney was going to do his work for him; Obama was biding his time, waiting for Romney to put his foot in his mouth.
Then, after Obama discovered that Romney meant business and really came to play ball, Obama was so taken aback that he got his socks knocked clean off. Romney wasn't going to do his work for him. Romney wasn't going to put his foot in his mouth. In fact, Romney's was on the offensive. By then, it was all over.
Very poor strategy on Obama's part.
Excellent maneuvering by Romney.
The next couple of debates should be very interesting theater.
Absolutely agree with you.
Most people also thought that Romney will do what he has been doing for months.... put his foot in his mouth but Romney had been rehearsed well and looked so confident that every word was sharp with no hesitation. Romney used the old formula of... if you are going to lie then lie with so much conviction that people believe you.
I also think Obama was coached NOT to be too aggresive and not to make any mistakes and to tell America what his intentions are...... Obama did not count on Romney doing a 360 degree u turn on his policies and deny what he has been spouting for over 6 months. There were times when i thought Obama was going to say To Romney...... "who are you tonight?"
Obama looked unsure and sounded unsure and seemed disinterested with the whole debate.
Romney performed last night as if he cared about the middle class in the USA when we ALL know he couldn't care less about them..... to me he looked like a auto salesman selling a clunker with passion. That works until you get the clunker home, drive it and it falls apart on you.
Obama was taken by suprise because Romney re-invented himself and flip-flopped BIG TIME but why is anyone suprised..... Romney has been changing his views for over 6 months now.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:33 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Anyone want to give dnvrsoul a quick course in the science of cabin pressurization and atmospheric control?
Cabin altitude is usually set at around 8,000 feet - much higher than Denver.

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Hmm he doesn't seem to get altitude sickness when he is on Airforce One???
^ is dumb.

Pressurized cabins compensate.

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
It's difficult being in a debate with someone who lies. He was stunned in disbelief ...

Obama stated his use of economists to back is words while Romeny had none of that and essentially said that wasn't true... Based on his own research and expert economist skills?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections