Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 04:45 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You people are hilarious!!!

YOU THINK THIS GUY IS A GOD!!

Let me tell you what happened......what you saw is a guy not giving a canned speech in a room full of cheering supporters.......what you saw was a guy that has NEVER had a tough interview because the media (except for FOX)will not hold him accountable on anything.....Lybia, Fast and Furious, Muslim Brother hood, Solendra, Obamacare now a TAX......nothing......he has skated for FOUR years!!! He's doing entertainment shows with Michelle calling himself "eye candy". All while

So now you have a guy who really believes he's flawless! Who believes that he knows it all......a guy who spends 90 percent of his time at fund raisers (even when his Ambassador is killed and sodomized) and now he's standing before a man who has been through the ringer, a man who duked it out with Gingrich and Santorum.

A guy who has been hardened by fire while Obama has grown softer.

This is the real Obama.....a guy with no record he can defend......a guy who has never run anything in his life....not even a lemonade stand......a guy who has gotten by on his charm and gift of gab.

But the curtain was pulled back and he got ****** slapped!!

No ....he aint sick! He looked arrogant! He looked irritated that someone told him to his face, "You pick all the losers, with the taxpayers money, Mr. President!" UUUGHH! I felt that upper cut in my living room! He's a bully who didnt get his way last night!! He got exposed.....Now he's out on the stump telling people Romney lied last night!! Like HE didnt lie too!! He just mad that Romney out did him!
He's a spoiled kid! It's killing him to opene the papers and see his own MSNBC sycophants clobbering him!! "You mean other networks besides FOX are holding me accountable???"

This post is so spot on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 04:48 PM

993 posts, read 831,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It's difficult being in a debate with someone who lies. He was stunned in disbelief ...

Obama stated his use of economists to back is words while Romeny had none of that and essentially said that wasn't true... Based on his own research and expert economist skills?
It wouldn't be a bad idea for you to fact check yourself. I suggest you watch the debate again.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Fisker received the money to develop battery technology, not build the car.

Johnson Controls is doing just fine. Dividens are up and the price of the stock more then it was in Jan 2009.

Models of BMW's, Audi's, VW's, Benz's, Porsches also received credits like the Volt (which is a great car), are those companies failing too?

Many of the others are doing well.

While Brightsouce received a bit from the government, many other companies have invested a great deal of money (1/2 billion) into them, including BP and Chevron.

Have you seen the sales numbers on them?
Oh, I'm sorry I mean the lack of sales numbers......another "loser".

Old 10-04-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You people are hilarious!!!

YOU THINK THIS GUY IS A GOD!!

Let me tell you what happened......what you saw is a guy not giving a canned speech in a room full of cheering supporters.......what you saw was a guy that has NEVER had a tough interview because the media (except for FOX)will not hold him accountable on anything.....Lybia, Fast and Furious, Muslim Brother hood, Solendra, Obamacare now a TAX......nothing......he has skated for FOUR years!!! He's doing entertainment shows with Michelle calling himself "eye candy". All while

So now you have a guy who really believes he's flawless! Who believes that he knows it all......a guy who spends 90 percent of his time at fund raisers (even when his Ambassador is killed and sodomized) and now he's standing before a man who has been through the ringer, a man who duked it out with Gingrich and Santorum.

A guy who has been hardened by fire while Obama has grown softer.

This is the real Obama.....a guy with no record he can defend......a guy who has never run anything in his life....not even a lemonade stand......a guy who has gotten by on his charm and gift of gab.

But the curtain was pulled back and he got ****** slapped!!

No ....he aint sick! He looked arrogant! He looked irritated that someone told him to his face, "You pick all the losers, with the taxpayers money, Mr. President!" UUUGHH! I felt that upper cut in my living room! He's a bully who didnt get his way last night!! He got exposed.....Now he's out on the stump telling people Romney lied last night!! Like HE didnt lie too!! He just mad that Romney out did him!
He's a spoiled kid! It's killing him to opene the papers and see his own MSNBC sycophants clobbering him!! "You mean other networks besides FOX are holding me accountable???"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
This post is so spot on!
You got that right!

Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Agreed. Anyone who would vote for that is just being foolish. We obviously have had an empty suit for a president for four years. No wonder things are so screwed up.

That was the first time that America has really seen thier president, rather than the scripted version that the press has presented to us. It is shocking when one actually sees who he is. How in the hell did this guy ever get in the White House in the first place.

Now Obama voters will really have to dig deep and ask themselves if they bring themselves to actually vote for such a moron and put the nation in four more years of jeopardy. Certainly the independents will not want such an inept clown in the White House. Voting for Obama at this point will be akin to an admission of a lack of common sense.
Yup I can understand I guess Black Dems and far left white liberals sticking by Obama anyone else who isn't even having a modicum of doubts about Obama doesn't really care about this country.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:22 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
They were both privileged in their upbringing. Did you miss the part about Obama being raised by his grandparents and his grandmother was the VP of a bank?
You do know that female bank VPs back in the day were maybe earning $10,000/yr. Women NEVER earned what men did in the same jobs. Retirement benefits didn't buy groceries. Only way you made any money at all was to buy stock - if you get it. I worked in a bank in the 60's. Those were peanut jobs with peanut salaries - unless you were a man. Then you earned more.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Agreed. Anyone who would vote for that is just being foolish. We obviously have had an empty suit for a president for four years. No wonder things are so screwed up.

That was the first time that America has really seen thier president, rather than the scripted version that the press has presented to us. It is shocking when one actually sees who he is. How in the hell did this guy ever get in the White House in the first place.

Now Obama voters will really have to dig deep and ask themselves if they bring themselves to actually vote for such a moron and put the nation in four more years of jeopardy. Certainly the independents will not want such an inept clown in the White House. Voting for Obama at this point will be akin to an admission of a lack of common sense.
I agree and would like to add that if Obama wins, it will be far more than just four more years of jeopardy. Financial experts continuously refer the "the cliff" that we are steadily heading toward. As long as there is still ground under our feet, we're ok for now. But once we go over the cliff it will be disasterous for a very long time.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:31 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
Will the real Mit Romeny please stand up
please stand up
please stand up....
Yeah, I guess he has been sitting on Obama's face all day. It's getting a little embarrassing having a president azz-faced and teabagged on public TV.

LOL.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:34 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Obama seemed off/sick from the start.

I thought Romney did very well. "Big Bird" was a brilliant strategic manuver. One day we shall learn who gave him that line.
Yeah, even I could have done better than Obama. Any of the newspeople could have done better. Either Obama doesn't concern himself with minutia - or there is just so much going on - he doesn't have enough 'file drawers' in his brain to accommodate the details as well as the big picture. Or, for some reason, he just didn't show up last night. Michelle didn't look all that happy prior to the debate, either. Something was off.

I think the "Big Bird" comment hurt Romney. Big Bird is an American institution. My son was able to read at age 3-1/2 watching Sesame Street and Big Bird and Oscar - and attending Montessori preschool. I thought Big Bird was a stupid, irrelevant comment - and that Romney was rude and obnoxious. But I don't like him anyway. Can't stand the sound of his smarmy voice.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Yeah, even I could have done better than Obama. Any of the newspeople could have done better. Either Obama doesn't concern himself with minutia - or there is just so much going on - he doesn't have enough 'file drawers' in his brain to accommodate the details as well as the big picture. Or, for some reason, he just didn't show up last night. Michelle didn't look all that happy prior to the debate, either. Something was off.

I think the "Big Bird" comment hurt Romney. Big Bird is an American institution. My son was able to read at age 3-1/2 watching Sesame Street and Big Bird and Oscar - and attending Montessori preschool. I thought Big Bird was a stupid, irrelevant comment - and that Romney was rude and obnoxious. But I don't like him anyway. Can't stand the sound of his smarmy voice.
For sure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections