Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2012, 06:25 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In other words you are saying that if Romney wins the next one church is out and Obama can't possible win the election based on his winning the third one. It appears that you think that if they split the next two debates Obama is the loser. Oh mercy me.
No Roy, please stop putting words into my mouth People who base their votes on a single debate are uniformed like the other poster said. Do you base your vote on one debate. I would hope not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 06:26 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But how informed can someone be because of a debate. Romney was trying to be a moderate during it when he was previously running on a conservative platform. Who is the real Mitt That sadly, is the real problem. If you vote for Romney how do you know which Mitt will run the country.
I will say this.

Unless you are an idiot, you already know which Barack Obama you are going to get.... the same one who puts the boot on the throat of job creation.

Which Romney do you imagine? A Romney who will stop drug stores from providing rubbers? That's stupid.

23 Million Americans are out of work.

What do you want?

Rubbers and NO JOBS.

Or Rubbers and JOBS?

Old 10-06-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
If you follow the actual campaign and read what each candidate says, the picture becomes clearer. Don't take just what the MSM hands you to decide on a candidate. Read a little and inform yourself. These debates are NOT for the informed, they are for the uninformed. Those who ONLY read or listen to the nightly news and don't study the issues. If that is you, I suggest you do some homework before casting your vote to make an informed decission. If you notice, Mitt is not the ONLY one that moved to the middle in the debates.
I am very informed, thank you And yeah, Mitt catered to the conservatives earlier and then all of a sudden he was a moderate in the debates lol He's a chameleon

Old 10-06-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I will say this.

Unless you are an idiot, you already know which Barack Obama you are going to get.... the same one who puts the boot on the throat of job creation.

Which Romney do you imagine? A Romney who will stop drug stores from providing rubbers? That's stupid.

23 Million Americans are out of work.

What do you want?

Rubbers and NO JOBS.

Or Rubbers and JOBS?

OMG seriously Is that the Mitt you imagine. Ok, go for it then. lol

Old 10-06-2012, 06:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
If it will maqke the Op happy then Obama losss the debate.I don't think anyone thnks Obama won and romeny losss really'except the democratic diehards.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:37 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
I am very informed, thank you And yeah, Mitt catered to the conservatives earlier and then all of a sudden he was a moderate in the debates lol He's a chameleon
Guess what.. Obama is doing the exact same thing. He panders to his leftist base, then moves to the center to try and gather the independents.. It's what politicians have done since Truman...

Old 10-06-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Guess what.. Obama is doing the exact same thing. He panders to his leftist base, then moves to the center to try and gather the independents.. It's what politicians have done since Truman...
Yes I know. But who knew Romney wanted to be a moderate until the debate. But of course he was a moderate before he was a conservative and now a moderate again. He makes my head spin. Like I said, he's a chameleon. At least we know what we get with Obama.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Define "Win"

If Win means, wooed the people over with a lying charismatic speech, with no intention of actually following through, as all politicians track records indicate then, sure I guess.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Yes I know. But who knew Romney wanted to be a moderate until the debate. But of course he was a moderate before he was a conservative and now a moderate again. He makes my head spin. Like I said, he's a chameleon. At least we know what we get with Obama.
Yeah, we get the same dizzying chameleon as we get with Romney as far as that portion goes.. Both of these men are politicians and that is what politicians do.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:46 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Romney won.

But here's why.

Obama was attempting to defend and explain his true, real world positions.

Romney was saying whatever anyone wanted to hear. He didn't take a position, in fact he supported things he has explicitly said he doesn't agree with.

It's alot harder to debate when you are trying to be consistent and represent a position like Obama did. Lot easier if you are just trying to appeal to the most people like Romney, even if you have to lie and contradict yourself to do it. And Romney will get away with it, because we are an uneducated country, if you've been paying attention you'd know that the Romney of the debate is not the Romney of his campaign and policies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections