Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 05:21 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,276,794 times

Advertisements

Drudge warning Fox News will have what looks like a video of Obama going off, with a shoutout to Rev Wright. Could be fun. Makes you wonder when it was made and who's been sitting on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 05:23 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,537,403 times
Hannity will show it tonight...waiting...

Old 10-02-2012, 05:53 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,008,638 times
Default Is it racist/incensitive to say that poor people..

Need help with basic skills, how to shop, how to show up to work on time, how to wear right clothes, how to act appropriately in an office?

Just a question

Old 10-02-2012, 05:57 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,276,794 times
Drudge is having fun leaking this out in dribs and drabs. "DAILY CALLER: 'For nearly 40 minutes, using an accent he never adopts in public, Obama describes a racist, zero-sum society, in which the white majority profits by exploiting black America'... Developing tonight...

Break out the popcorn.

And who leaked this and how come we never saw it before?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:57 PM

Default Obama 2007 video THE ACCENT... THE ANGER... THE ACCUSATIONS... THE SERMON

Video to debut tonight apparently is supposed to be a big deal. I have reservations.

DAILY CALLER: â€For nearly 40 minutes, using an accent he never adopts in public, Obama describes a racist, zero-sum society, in which the white majority profits by exploiting black America’… Developing tonight…

THE SHOUT OUT TO REV. WRIGHT, WHO IS IN AUDIENCE...
'My pastor, the guy who puts up with me, counsels me, listens to my wife complain about me. He's a friend and a great leader. Not just in Chicago, but all across the country'..
FOXNEWS 9 PM ET...

'We don't need to build more highways out in the suburbs. We should be investing in minority-owned businesses, in our neighborhoods'...

Now if they are not exaggerating there, than I agree that it is a note worthy video, and would beg the question, where has it been the past 5 years?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:58 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,048,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Need help with basic skills, how to shop, how to show up to work on time, how to wear right clothes, how to act appropriately in an office?

Just a question
It's not racist as you did not single out an ethnicity, But what is your definition of "poor" here exactly? There are many people from varying walks of life that may not know how to dress properly for work, Or behave professionally as well and even show punctuality. Many people from more impoverished or crime ridden areas elevated themselves out of it by learning these skills and giving 100%. That said, Learning basic life skills and etiquette early on is certainly a good thing.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:00 PM

I surely hope he doesnt view our society as this big racist, zero-sum society that whites just take advantage of black people. Even if we have our share of idiots and racists, to describe the country as a whole like that would be flat out wrong. Despite my dislike for him, I really hope he does not view this country that way. I do not want someone "leading" the country with a mind frame like that.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,924,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Drudge warning Fox News will have what looks like a video of Obama going off, with a shoutout to Rev Wright. Could be fun. Makes you wonder when it was made and who's been sitting on it.
What'll be fun is watching right wing trolls become enraged when the public shrugs it off.

We have one fellow here that has posted over a dozen "Obama/Libya" threads hoping to jump start the Romney's campaign and can not let go....LOL

Old 10-02-2012, 06:06 PM

3,428 posts, read 6,286,549 times
You are trying to be slick by using the word "poor" but what you really mean is "black". Don't worry, man we can see through your crap and don't even try that "Some of my best friends are Black" BS. Caught red-handed!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:06 PM

Ok. What if its directed more towards minorities?

Also do you think its proper for a person of authority, a leader persay, to suggest that our society is racist where whites profit by exploiting black people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections