Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,894,203 times

Advertisements

It's sad and amusing that the Obama drones claim Mitt Romney has some sort of mental or emotional defect when they have just witnessed their hero fly off to Las Vegas for a campaign event the day after 4 Americans were killed abroad in a terrorist attack.

Amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Ok so I am flipping through the channels and I see CNN interviewing the First Lady Michelle Obama and Ann Romney pre debate and their thoughts on how their husbands will do.

First Lady states she isn't worried, Barack is a great speaker and does this well and takes it seriously while having fun and being himself while debating. The reporter then asked, what about when he does poorly what critiques do you give him? Michelle states I dont critique my husband, I give him positive reinforcement because I believe in him and knows he does well...

Ann Romney was being interviewed by Cynthia Borger and states the first thing Mitt does at every debate is take his watch off, look for her in the crowd and write the word DAD on his piece of paper.

She states after every answer Mitt must always know where she is sitting to get reassurance to make sure if he did good or bad, she stated Mitt needs alot of emotional reasurance and he looks to me (Ann) to give that to him. This has been very hard and he has needed my reassurance many times throughout this process.

Cynthia Borger asks what signals do you give him when he is doing good--she said she gives him a thumbs up, and makes this awkward face when he is doing bad...

Ok i get that Mitt and Ann are very much in love and he needs her for emotional reassurance but what concerns me is that his camp is allowing her to talk so much and discuss all this personal info that makes Mitt look so weak, or much weaker.

I understand the bond between husband and wife and one reassuring one another but to look at your wife after every response, what if she goes to the rest room, could Mitt answer a question without her?? Would he have to tell the moderator, to wait until Ann returns from the restroom to answer the question....PLEASE... This is not someone I would want to lead the nation..

We shall see in a couple of hours how much reassurance he will need....
Man are you desparate to find fault with anything the Romeny's do or say? how about Obama and Michele on the View last week, holding hands, his talking about candy and the rest of the world leaders were discussing world affairs in the UN building...What do you think about that stupid display or does that not count?

Old 10-03-2012, 04:06 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,598,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Man are you desparate to find fault with anything the Romeny's do or say? how about Obama and Michele on the View last week, holding hands, his talking about candy and the rest of the world leaders were discussing world affairs in the UN building...What do you think about that stupid display or does that not count?
I don't think the issue is who is the more snuggily couple, or who should be on TV, but how that interview made Romney look tentative and unsure of himself. It just did not seem to do him any favors. Not speaking for the OP, but I'm not finding fault that she did the interview, but that IMO she made her husband look bad.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:12 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,440,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
Mittens sounds like a pansy

It doesn't seem normal to me. I get that he wants her approval but if he ever got elected is she always going to be next to him? Weird.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,440,495 times
Quote:
I wish I could find a clip of that interview but I dont think CNN has released on line, i will look, but to answer your question, if you think that was disturbing Ann was getting teary eyed saying that he writes the word DAD on the paper to make his DAD proud because he would never do anything to upset his father....I'm NOT making any of this up. I swear..the Romney camp is ran by college interns
Then why didn't he release his tax returns?

Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,049,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I don't think the issue is who is the more snuggily couple, or who should be on TV, but how that interview made Romney look tentative and unsure of himself. It just did not seem to do him any favors. Not speaking for the OP, but I'm not finding fault that she did the interview, but that IMO she made her husband look bad.
Thank you someone with brains who can ascertain this concpet, much love!!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:09 PM

6,809 posts, read 6,889,962 times
I've been sitting here scratching my head as to why Ann Romney would say such damaging things about her husband. I think I finally figured it out - Ann is an egomaniac. It's all about her. She's the "great stabilizer". Mitt has to look to her for reassurance when he answers a question. We even had to hear about the small cyst she had removed from her wrist last week, and that "teeny tiny tingle" she felt a few weeks ago from the stress of campaigning.

And OMG, can the picture in that CNN link portray Ann any more unfavorably? She's looking down her nose at the interviewer.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,049,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I've been sitting here scratching my head as to why Ann Romney would say such damaging things about her husband. I think I finally figured it out - Ann is an egomaniac. It's all about her. She's the "great stabilizer". Mitt has to look to her for reassurance when he answers a question. We even had to hear about the small cyst she had removed from her wrist last week, and that "teeny tiny tingle" she felt a few weeks ago from the stress of campaigning.

And OMG, can the picture in that CNN link portray Ann any more unfavorably? She's looking down her nose at the interviewer.
You think she was looking down at Gloria?? I must watch again, I didnt pick that up, and I didnt know she complained about tingle from the stress of campaigning? I do know she has MS and stress exacerbates MS. I have a strong feeling once Mitt loses the election we will hear reports of one of them being admitted to the hospital for exauhstion or something. I dont think this family does well under pressure. I don't want any of them being admitted to the hospital but that is what my intuition tells me. I think Ann and MItt are trying their hardest to keep it together but this is way too much for them.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,897,421 times
Quote:
You think she was looking down at Gloria?? I must watch again, I didnt pick that up, and I didnt know she complained about tingle from the stress of campaigning? I do know she has MS and stress exacerbates MS. I have a strong feeling once Mitt loses the election we will hear reports of one of them being admitted to the hospital for exauhstion or something. I dont think this family does well under pressure. I don't want any of them being admitted to the hospital but that is what my intuition tells me. I think Ann and MItt are trying their hardest to keep it together but this is way too much for them.
This is the first time that either Mitt or Ann have had to work hard at anything. They are so used to just getting everything they want handed to them. Being rejected by a growing majority of Americans has got to be really eating at Queen Ann.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,378,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
This is the second remark Mrs. Romney has made in the past week which causes people to question Mr. Romney's psychological/mental state and raises the question of his fitness to serve in office. Another Thomas Eagleton situation?
Indeed. She seems determined to get that message out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections