Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you change your vote last night?
No 154 89.53%
Yes 18 10.47%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
It's obvious that Romney spent a lot more time rehearsing for last night.

But I'm not voting for an "actor".

I'm voting for a President.

And Obama has been a GREAT president since the day he took office.
It didn't go un-noticed that Obama did not bring up his past record one time.

Any poly tic who actually does something, can never stop babbling about it, and Obama has done exactly zilch.... it's safe to say you can say good by to him in Nov.

I know i won't miss umm umm errr errr ahh ahh (looks up)

He didn't do a lot of looking up last night though. HE LOST and he knew it!

Always was a loser wasn't he.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,575,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So you were going to vote for Obama?
no him and his pub wife were going to vote for Romney the whole time.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't see how one debate would change people's minds. Educated people would already know each guy's platform (from reading). That would be a pretty shallow move to switch based on how they conducted themselves last night.
Agreed but shallow would describe many Americans so anything is possible.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:47 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Well lets hear it. Lets see if the high fiving right should be sooo happy

If so for who?
I'm going to vote for Obama because he's so inspirational I feel he cares.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Mitt Romney did not but blather out the lie of the moment which is what he thinks people want to hear. This man is nothing more that a cardboard cutout. Mitt was very well rehearsed. Good for him. This is one time to shine and he won't have another so enjoy it.
Cardboard cutout? You just described virtually all politicians, including Obama.

It sounds like you didn't even watch the debate. While I don't see a repeat of the dismal performance by Obama on the next one, what is going to be your excuse if he is walked all over again?

8,145 posts, read 6,529,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
At least you didn't try to skew the poll for romney. But lets be serious you would never vote for a black guy.

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
So far, with 8 people having voted, 12% have changed their mind.

Since 9% are in the 'undecided' category, we have Empirically proven that all undecideds will now vote for Romney.

Or, this poll will have such a small sample size that it will essentially be irrelevant. One of the two things are proven, for sure.
Probably you are right in the changed were from people who plain up were not going to vote either way.... And now they will for Romney..... I am one of them.

This poll is also too small to be of any use. In fact it was set up to be positive to Obama, but it won't be.

Romney handed Obama his own azz last night and then he spanked it on National tv....

I liked how that first media gal in the red dress tried to imply Obama had done well in his talking points LOL.

Oh BOY was she ever wrong.

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Hey Edward. Just wanted to let you know that it appears someone hacked your account and posted saying that you are voting for President Obama.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
So far, with 8 people having voted, 12% have changed their mind.

Since 9% are in the 'undecided' category, we have Empirically proven that all undecideds will now vote for Romney.

Or, this poll will have such a small sample size that it will essentially be irrelevant. One of the two things are proven, for sure.
Or, far more likely, people who hope that the debate will change minds will claim that their own minds were changed.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Cardboard cutout? You just described virtually all politicians, including Obama.

It sounds like you didn't even watch the debate. While I don't see a repeat of the dismal performance by Obama on the next one, what is going to be your excuse if he is walked all over again?
Trust me. Mitt Romney had his ONE little hoorah moment. He will not get another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections