Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 04:56 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
LOLS. Obama has added 6 billion to the debt. But the left is about controlled spending. What was the last program they spent?????

Fair taxes? Obama wants to raise taxes. Even though the feds take in several trillion aa year already. He needs more. lols.
When did Obama state he wants to raise taxes? The Bush tax cuts for the rich was a temporary "stimulus" that was a monumental failure. Returning to Clinton's massively successful tax plan is just common sense, but basic comprehension abilities are lacking with the brainwashed radical right.

Quote:
Only going to war when necessary? LMFAO. In the last 98 years Democrat presidents have sent U.S. troops on comabat mission 52 times. Republicans? 6 times. Yes, that's Fifty-two times.
Clinton and Obama are the only presidents in U.S. history to send troops into combat after Congress specifically forbade them. Clinton in Kosovo. Obama in Libya. Clear violations of the Constitution. If Congress had any balls they both would have been impeached and booted from office for that.
Nice Beck programming, he would approve There was never a single boot on the ground in Libya, and we won the war costing the taxpayer next to nothing and most importantly, not a single troop's life.
If a right winger was in office, we would have been at full blown war with Libya a long time ago, and if not, would be now (just look at all the right wingers calling for war after the US embassy attacks) Let's also not forget right wing hero Reagan making illegal arms deals with Iran and calling the taliban "the moral equivalents of america's founding fathers".

If it wasn't for the right wing's dream boy, we never would have been attacked on 9/11, or have the hostility we have now with the middle east. Thanks Ronnie!

Quote:
And FDR gave us a booming economy? He was in office for 12 years. The worst economic 12 years in U.S. history. But his policies worked. LMAO. We weren't out of the Depression until 1946. Several years after FDR was DEAD. What an economic genuis he was. LMFAO.
Yes, he was. He knew the rich were nothing but lazy, greedy, good-for-nothings as to why he became a democrat. He was the only president in history to be elected to three terms, put america to work, which created things like the roads we drive on, the hoover damn, railroads, and much more. You should thank the heavens we had such a great democrat in office at the time, otherwise we would be speaking german right now (though the right wingers likely would love that)

Quote:
You notice you don't mention any Democrat policies. Or Republican policies. You just type in tired old silly stereotypes. I threw a few facts at you. Maybe you should pick up a book or something. You sound like a mouthpiece for the DNC. And not a very good one either.
You didn't state any facts, just brainwashed fox news/Beck BS fodder. Though enjoy that spanking of facts just laid down on you

Last edited by TempesT68; 10-04-2012 at 05:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
When did Obama state he wants to raise taxes? The Bush tax cuts for the rich was a temporary "stimulous" the was a monumental failure. Returning to Clinton's massivly successful tax plan is just common sense, but basic comprehension abilities are lacking on the brainwashed radical right.

Obama has never said he wants to raise taxes? lols. Guess you never heard him talk. And the Supreme Court said Obamacare is a tax. So he raised taxes on everyone. The IRS took in more in income taxes in 2005 and 2006 than any other 2 years in history. Guess those tax cuts for everyone that pays income taxes (not just the wealthy) worked.

Nice Beck programming, he would approve There was never a single boot on the ground in Libya, and we won the war costing the taxpayer next to nothing and most importantly, not a single troop's life.
If a right winger was in office, we would have been at full blown war with them a while ago, and if not, would be now (just look at all the right wingers calling for war after the US embassy attacks) Let's also not forget right wing hero Reagan making illegal arms deals with Iran and calling the taliban "the moral equivalents of america's founding fathers"

The Congress told Obama to get out of Libya. He didn't. A clear violation of the Constitution. An impeachable offense. Rationalize it all you want.

If it wasn't for the right wing's dream boy, we never would have been attacked on 9/11, or have the hostility we have now with the middle east. Thanks Ronnie!

LOLs. Reagan bombed one Muslim country. Libya after they set off a bomb in a German night club. Bill Clinton bombed or invaded 44 different countries. 43 of which had heavy Muslim populations. So what led to an attack in September of 2011? One bombing by Reagan 20 years earlier. Or Clinton's 8 years of killing Muslims, and bowing up medicinal plants in Sudan, in the 8 years prior to 2011?

Yes, he was. He knew the rich were nothing but lazy, greedy, good-for-nothings as to why he became a democrat. He was the only president in history to be elected to three terms, put america to work, which created things like the roads we drive on, the hoover damn, railroads, and much more. You should thank the heavens we had such a great democrat in office at the time, otherwise we would be speaking german right now (though the right wingers likely would love that)

FDR took over and the economy was in a shambles. He held office for 12 years and the economy was in a shambles when he died. It recovered a few years after he croaked. Speaking German? lols. Yes Hitler had been tied in war in Europe and Africa for years. He was going to invade and conquer a continental country thousands of miles away and conquer us. LMFAO. Talk about making up istory. FDR was a disaster.

And you get rich by being a lazy, greedy good-for-nothing? LOLs. Wow. Maybe we should outlaw the rich then. They obviously are of no benefit to society. lols.

You didn't state any facts, just brainwashed fox news/Beck BS fodder. Though enjoy that spanking of facts just laid down on you
BTW, I'm not a conservative or republican. And I rarely, if ever listen to Beck.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 AM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I see, you're a true supporter of exercising one's right to vote.
Unless, of course, a person decides not to vote for whomever you happen to support.
Your message is this: Do not vote with your conscience or mind, but do so either according to party loyalty or because you dislike the 'other' candidate.
What a beacon for democracy.
Have you ever thought that if enough people "totally waste their vote", then their vote wouldn't be totally wasted? Don't answer that. I know you haven't thought about it.
I have absolutely thought about it, but I still have the opinion that a vote for a fringe candidate is a wasted vote. Perhaps "wasted" is the wrong word.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:10 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Default Democrats, if Romney Wins...

What should be the game plan if Romney wins? Should we compromise with Republicans or obstruct their every move?

Old 10-19-2012, 07:16 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,786,440 times
Say goodbye to Big Bird and stock up on Binders. And maybe get a Bug Out Bag in preparation for world war 3 in case his foreign policy agenda endangers our well-being.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:18 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,786,440 times
Oh, and I guess I can sell my shoes and stock up on Aprons.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:23 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Well, the Democratic Party has gotten much more aggressive the past few years, compared to the spineless "nice guy/gal" party we saw last decade, but I'm not sure they would obstruct a President Romney to the same extent the GOP have blockaded Obama. In the end the Dems, being more progressive-minded, would work for the betterment of the public, while the GOP and the Tea Party they answer to believe ideology trumps all.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:33 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
I would hope the Democrats would try to work with the GOP for the good of the country.

Sadly, the GOP are such crooks, they will steal the ranch and leave us in worse shape than before - more tax cuts for people who don't need them and who will NOT create more good-paying jobs, more cuts to everything except the military because they are beholden to their corporate masters.

It will be a very sad day for this country if Romney wins. I would feel very badly for my son/dil. They won't have the future I had at their age, that's for sure.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:42 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
You all will likely be too busy trying in the courts to contest the results.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
It takes at least two parties to compromise. If the other party is unwilling to compromise, that's when you need to obstruct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections