Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 11:05 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

After last night, the rest of the world observed our POTUS essentially being "lapped" a few times in a track meet. I wonder if they feel pity that we have such a POTUS, or embarrassment?

We now see how and why the Russians, Chinese and Muslim nations have been kicking us around the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
The world pitied us after the Clinton impeachment over extramarital sex, and the two elections of GWB. But of course, you didn't give a **** what the world thought back then, did you?

Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
After last night, the rest of the world observed our POTUS essentially being "lapped" a few times in a track meet. I wonder if they feel pity that we have such a POTUS, or embarrassment?

We now see how and why the Russians, Chinese and Muslim nations have been kicking us around the planet.
I actually travel around the World and i know what other people in other Countries think about our President............ They have a lot of respect for him..... A LOT.
Last night will be seen by the World as a 'off night" for Obama and will not feel embarrassment for Obama as they have seen these kind of things with their own politicians..... nothing new for a Politician to have a bad night. Big knee jerk reactions will not happen over ONE debate and once the substance or Romney's new transformation last night is looked at it will be seen as no different to all of his other changing reincarnations.
The World will not be walking around today feeling embarrassed about last nights debate.... they have their own problem's to worry about and a debate in America in a Presidential campaign will not be anywhere on their radar.... get real here.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:13 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The world pitied us after the Clinton impeachment over extramarital sex, and the two elections of GWB. But of course, you didn't give a **** what the world thought back then, did you?
Precisely.
I spent 11 years living and working abroad (five countries, three continents), and I can confirm that this post is completely accurate.
By a wide margin, the rest of the world (not that Hawkeye really gives two cents about the rest of the world) is overwhelmingly in favor of Obama.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:14 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I actually travel around the World and i know what other people in other Countries think about our President............ They have a lot of respect for him..... A LOT.
Last night will be seen by the World as a 'off night" for Obama and will not feel embarrassment for Obama as they have seen these kind of things with their own politicians..... nothing new for a Politician to have a bad night. Big knee jerk reactions will not happen over ONE debate and once the substance or Romney's new transformation last night is looked at it will be seen as no different to all of his other changing reincarnations.
The World will not be walking around today feeling embarrassed about last nights debate.... they have their own problem's to worry about and a debate in America in a Presidential campaign will not be anywhere on their radar.... get real here.

Right

Last night was the first time ANYONE saw the real Obama. He has had teleprompters, managed audiences, and edited speeches to cover for him so far.

Ask them now!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,513 times
Quote:
Right

Last night was the first time ANYONE saw the real Obama. He has had teleprompters, managed audiences, and edited speeches to cover for him so far.

Ask them now!
I have, thanks for the suggestion.
The rest of the world might have recognized that Obama's performance last night was lackluster, but for the most part people in other countries are much more concerned about a Romney presidency than they are about a poor performance in a debate.
Again, it's not as if you care. So why do you ask?

Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Right

Ask them now!
I have asked them. I spoke to people in the UK today and in Israel and all of the peope i spoke to understand that it takes more than ONE debate to win a Election and they said that Romney was rude and arrogant........ bit different to how you think the world saw last nights debate.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:

Obama is quite popular outside the USA if he loses there will be disbelief in much of the world.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Obama is quite popular outside the USA if he loses there will be disbelief in much of the world.
Not surprising since he's more interested in his world image than he is with helping Americans by addressing the country's problems.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Obama was a joke. Very clear who was in command, poised, confident, positive, and more presidential.

Obama when faced with hardcore true facts about his failed stimulus, lousy policies and tanking economy, can't seem to remember why he is there. So much of the time he was flustered. At least Romeny could look him straight into the eye, Obama hardly looked Romney in the eye.

It was friggin hilarious, that is the real Obama, a made up man by the slanted a-- media. Who was not there to lend their helping hand.

Which by the way he did so bad because of lack of oxygen according to Al Gore, another whacko.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections