Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Or Romney's taxes? Or Bain? Or the Cayman Islands accounts? Or Romney's flip-flops??? Hell, Mitt flipped at least twice LIVE ON CAMERA, on health care and his tax plan.

I mean, if those things weren't important enough to bring up last night, can he use them at the next debates, without looking foolish?

I don't think so, but I guess he'll have to.

MAJOR mistake last night, refusing to fight back, while Rommey lied his ASS off.
I'm seeing liberals whining about Obama failing to bring up 47%. Frankly this was a good move on Obamas part. The debate was about jobs how does Romneys tax returns, experience at Bain or 47% comments get people working again?

Also as prepared as Mitt was last night you think he didn't have responses for these charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 12:20 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Also as prepared as Mitt was last night you think he didn't have responses for these charges.
F*ck no.

He called 47% of Americans whiny losers behind closed doors with his billionaire cronies. These people, in his view, don't deserve anything, which is why he proposes raising their taxes, cutting the taxes for the Boys at Bain, and f*cking over seniors.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:22 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
F*ck no.

He called 47% of Americans whiny losers behind closed doors with his billionaire cronies. These people, in his view, don't deserve anything, which is why he proposes raising their taxes, cutting the taxes for the Boys at Bain, and f*cking over seniors.
yet since he never said that, and he never proposed either of those, I guess that means all you have are your lies and your hatred.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Or Romney's taxes? Or Bain? Or the Cayman Islands accounts? Or Romney's flip-flops??? Hell, Mitt flipped at least twice LIVE ON CAMERA, on health care and his tax plan.

I mean, if those things weren't important enough to bring up last night, can he use them at the next debates, without looking foolish?

I don't think so, but I guess he'll have to.

MAJOR mistake last night, refusing to fight back, while Rommey lied his ASS off.
of course he can and he might but most likely he isn't going to bring them up: The only one that would make sense; that would be the Bain and did he or didn't he turn around businesses..The taxes, get over it, no one really cares or not enough to base their vote on how much he paid: money in the Cayman Island, check to wee where many of those with big bucks have their money? How about Nancy P for starters, even the Clintons? This is something people who are in the top 5% do, they have accountants handle their investments and pay little attention to where the money is: heck Obama might have done the same or similar..?? There are more pressing issues for those of us who really care about the country, than where do the rich keep and spend their money?

Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
yet since he never said that, and he never proposed either of those, I guess that means all you have are your lies and your hatred.
Riiight...

This is why the franchise should be limited to people educated in the Northeastern United States.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Gurbie, this is not a high school games as many of your post indicate this is how you see it. Now sit down and read.

Who was Romney talking to when he gave that speech? He was talking to people who just contributed thousands toward his campaign. If I were to give that kind of money I would want to know how he was going to spend the money. Romney simply said that he knows that Obama's solid base would not vote for him so why would he spend their money on a base he couldn't change if a bomb was set off under them. Romney was using their money effectively to talk to people who may vote for him and that is exactly how he should spend the contribution money. Don't bother calling it pandering, anyone with common sense just doesn't hand over money without asking how it is going to be used.

You must be one of the 47% and in your quiet moments you will admit that you couldn't be bombed off the Obama bandwagon. If you are offended that is your issue. I would rather have a man in office who uses money in a smart and effective manner and where it "can" make a difference than a man who throws money at failures. Now, get off the broken record and move onto something that has substance. I will not answer your ridiculous remarks after this.
You know, you can disagree with people without being patronizing. You might think your opinion is more valuable than the OPs, but I think there are lots of others here who would disagree with that assessment. Telling the truth would be a good start for you as well.

I'm not one of the 47%, and I'm not a big Obama fan, but I think Mitt Romney (and especially Paul Ryan) are both dangerous for the country. Your comments on Romney simply explaining why he wasn't pumping campaign money into the 47% would make some sense, except that you left off this portion of Romney's comments:

"All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what."

When you label half the country as moochers who take no personal responsibility for themselves, and when that half includes the elderly, our military personnel, our police, firefighters, teachers, etc., you're going to have a big problem. When you combine that with Romney's plan to turn Medicare into a voucher program and gut social security, you have an even bigger problem. It blows up in your face when those comments, which were supposed to be said in a "quiet room" with major players that Romney has referred to in the past is instead broadcast all over the internet.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I think he can because everything Romney said was a lie. Over the next day or two, we will see split screens with Romney saying one thing on the campaign trail and another at the debate. Romney gave a good performance thats all. There was no substance just lies.
I think you have the two candidates mixed up: Heck Axelrod couldn't even answer a simple question asked to him last night....Now, tell us about the Romney lies last night, can you do that for us, so we won't have to watch MSNBC or read the Huffington Post or the NY Times...???

or maybe you should take a look at the polling today on the success of the debate, who won and who benefitted the most from it and what are the predictions for the next debate?

Last edited by nmnita; 10-04-2012 at 12:58 PM..

Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 PM

1,187 posts, read 994,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Why didn't Romney bring up Fast and Furious or NDAA?
This debate was more on the economy, which Romney hammered in quite nicely! I think the FF & NDAA will come in on another debate. He doesn't need to throw all of his ammo out at once, he can save some for later! There's so much to choose from!

Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Obama took the high road, and just sat back and let Willard keep digging his hole. The Willard that come across last night was one that was disrespectful, a liar, thug, and out of touch with reality.

The 47%, tax cuts for the rich, hiding his tax returns etc,..I'm sure Obama is waiting to dump on Willard during the last debate so he can be made an ass out of for the last time on national TV during a debate.

During his speech today, he was laying the hammer down on Willard, expect to see more of that.
of course, the speech today, how can we forget it, now that he has had time to get his wits about him and hide the fact Romney made some sense, he didn't. If you think Romney will not be waiting for Obama to try something, you really don't know much about politics? Romney is no dummy...and if you really think Romney was disrespectful, thug or liar you centainly saw the debate different than most of the media...You know, it is interesting and yes, sometimes fun to debate with people who can keep a level head, but there are those who are so partison they can't even listen to what is really being said and dicussed...

Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 PM

993 posts, read 831,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Obama was right not to bring up the 47% and give Romney a chance to use his etch-a-sketch to twist what he actually said on that infamous video. Far better to let the commercials that the Obama campaign is running featuring that 47% comment and let THAT speak for Romney as it well should.
I was hoping Obama would bring that up, too, because Gov. Romney could have explained that he was talking about votes. It's no different than the media going on and on about how Obama has almost all of the black vote. It's about demographics so you're either swallowing the media's garbage, or you are not telling the truth about what you know.

When Governor Romney was talking about the Constitution, I was hoping he would bring up Obama saying it was flawed. Oh well....It would be impossible to cover all of Obama's incompetencies in just 90 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections