Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 11:40 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,051 times

Advertisements

At Last Night's Debate: Romney Told 27 Myths In 38 Minutes | ThinkProgress

Mitt may have done well performance wise, but all he did was lie. IF you want an liar in office Romeny is your man. The next debate Obama is going to light Romney up. Romney and the etch a sketch dance. Mitt is a FAILURE. His facts and reality did not add up.

Mitt is the Pitts and will not make it into the Oval office. You can look great and handsome spewing lies, but eventually it will catch up with you and it will in the polls Obama2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
Watching the debate last night i felt Obama looked as if he was stressed from the minute he started talking... even when he spoke about his anniversary........... he seemed tired. I could not understand why Obama did NOT chalenge Romney's new persona and his lies. There was a point where i would have said to Romney.... "So which Romney are YOU tonight"?
Romney did so many u-turns last night i'm amazed Romney didn't fall over from his head spinning.
Too much today is eing put on last night's debate................ Obama did badly, we can all agree on that but no one is going to Vote Romney into the Whitehouse until they know what Romney really thinks and that is getting foggier and foggier as we move closer to election day. Obama missed chances to make Romney look bad and i just cannot understand that but to think that ONE debate will now determine the election is a LOT of wishful thinking.... it's like saying a football team will get to the Superbowl because they win ONE game. Let's see what the coming days reveal and the next debates bring..... then and only then can anyone say what might be the outcome of this Election. Romney's strategy worked last night and took everyone by suprise but SUPRISE can only happen once.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:10 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Truly pathetic. Obama had his a$$ kicked last night in front of 65 million viewers and the best you nitwits can do is claim he lied.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
That article is ALL opinion.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Truly pathetic. Obama had his a$$ kicked last night in front of 65 million viewers and the best you nitwits can do is claim he lied.
It's a very legitimate critique. If you can speak quickly, forcefully without any details, sometimes you make the sale. It happens on used car lots every day.

Now, Obama could have challenged him, and he chose not to. Maybe he was coming down with the flu. Who knows? But that does not mean Romney's ideas have any grounding in reality. They don't.

All Romney proved is that he might have a future in talk radio, spewing trash.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:25 PM

756 posts, read 714,176 times
"27 Myths in 38 Minutes", eh

Wasn't this dope Romney telling us the other week that BO will "say things that aren't true" in the debates?

LOL ... YOU are the one getting LIT UP by the FACT checkers today, SHADY Mitt...

Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
I love the selective information in the link.. For example

6) “I saw a study that came out today that said you’re going to raise taxes by $3,000 to $4,000 on middle-income families.” Romney is pointing to this study from the American Enterprise Institute. It actually found that rather than raise taxes to pay down the debt, the Obama administration’s policies — those contained directly in his budget — would reduce the share of taxes that go toward servicing the debt by $1,289.89 per taxpayer in the $100,000 to $200,000 range.

How about everyone not in the $100K - $200K range which I would assume makes up most families.

8) “Mr. President, all of the increase in natural gas and oil has happened on private land, not on government land. On government land, your administration has cut the number of permits and licenses in half.” Oil production from federal lands is higher, not lower: Production from federal lands is up slightly in 2011 when compared to 2007. And the oil and gas industry is sitting on 7,000 approved permits to drill, that it hasn’t begun exploring or developing.

Romney said PERMITS AND LICENSES, the analysis replies with PRODUCTION.. Not the same thing.

13) “I want to take that $716 billion you’ve cut and put it back into Medicare…. But the idea of cutting $716 billion from Medicare to be able to balance the additional cost of Obamacare is, in my opinion, a mistake. There’s that number again. Romney is claiming that Obamacare siphons off $716 billion from Medicare, to the detriment of beneficiaries. In actuality, that money is saved primarily through reducing over-payments to insurance companies under Medicare Advantage, not payments to beneficiaries. Paul Ryan’s budget plan keeps those same cuts, but directs them toward tax cuts for the rich and deficit reduction.

Of course Ryans budget plans keep the same cuts, THATS THE LAW.. Ryan cant violate current law..

19) “And, unfortunately, when — when — when you look at Obamacare, the Congressional Budget Office has said it will cost $2,500 a year more than traditional insurance. So it’s adding to cost.” Obamacare will actually provide millions of families with tax credits to make health care more affordable.

So they use a few million families to represent hundreds of millions, and pretend they are the same. Thats why insurance costs have risen faster under Obama, than under Bush, yeah, because his bill was so dam effective.

I could go on, but whats the point? Its sad when one has to fact check the fact checkers for LIES, on a thread claiming others lied.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:31 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
And some things to contemplate ...

The Electoral Map - Presidential Race Ratings and Swing States - Election 2012 - NYTimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections