Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 01:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The next best thing to a ringer!
You know damned well that you are a leaner so you should explain that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, 3 of the 7 posts, are useless.....any substance to discredit the OP?
Thanks, but we need to tell them the stories so they can know one major difference between Romney and Obama.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:19 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
I think you've been asked before - what is, by your definition, a leaner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You are the 6th poster to answer that has not read the story. You may have an excuse but the others didn't. I think that they all fear they may soften a bit on Romney if they see those videos so they refuse to look.

The first story in the group is about a couple of people and their adult daughter telling the story about what Romney did for their family. It seems that two of their boys became quadriplegics in the same auto accident and Romney brought Christmas presents for both of them to their house on Christmas Eve. Some of his boys came along and even unwrapped the presents for the college aged boys. The most surprising thing of all was that he has paid every penny toward those boys' college educations and comes by with presents each Christmas eve. I wonder how much it is costing for him to pay every penny for those two boys to go to college.

An another story in the group has to do with him going to a home for about 500 homeless veterans where Ted Kennedy spent about 1/2 hour. Romney first asked to see the books of the place and spent about an hour looking them over and then took about 1 1/2 hours looking around the place and then asked the man who runs the shelter what his biggest need was. Well now it turned out to be pints of milk since he tries to make sure that each man has one pint of milk for lunch and one for supper. That amounts to 7000 pints per month. The milk was delivered the next week and he only was charged for half the bottles. That went on for nearly 2 years and the milkman refused to tell him who the donor was as per the wishes of the donor. Anyway after nearly 2 years the milkman was retiring and finally gave in and said it was Mitt Romney. That man who ran that place could barely get through the story without crying and I sure did the same.

I won't bother you with the other two stories but surely some leaner will watch the videos and can tell you about them.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:23 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
Romney touched the lives of my grandparents when he baptized them into the Mormon Church in 2010. Unfortunately they died in 1996 and 2001

Old 10-05-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The majority Romney "selflessly helped" were members of the LDS Church. I had already read about this here http:///townhall.com/columnists/john...now/page/full/.
I had read your link some time ago but had to do it again since I didn't remember the part you reported about so I read it again and more carefully this time. I saw two out of seven stories that told it the way you did but I guess helping the Mormon church would amount to helping many people so maybe you are right about your majority statement. I admit this because technically speaking you may add the numbers up that way. I saw nothing about the 500 homeless vets being any religion so maybe they can be used as examples of not knowing the church they attended. I wonder if any of them did attend a church.

That was one great attempt to make it appear that Romney did only for Mormons.

Do you know old Joe Balsamico? Well, of course not. He is a restaurant owner in Pennsylvania who has an 8 x 10 food sign he puts words up on and I love some of them. Now he has on his sign that one should vote like he wants. The sign says Vote the Mormon in and vote the Moron out. Joe often sends out his better signs. You can also buy T-shirts and coffee mugs from him with the same words. I don't guess you will be wanting to buy anything from him, though.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I am THUNDERSTRUCK. If someone is a member, then it would make sense to vote for the champion of his people. For the rest of America - don't expect Romney to shive a get.
If you read that link, and I don't think you did you might think differently. There is only two of seven stories there that talk about the people helped out as being Mormon. You have to stop taking the words of those heavy leaners as all truth.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
The title of this thread would more accurately be; "Mitt Romney has touched the lives of some white, heterosexual, Mormon males".
The people these stories are about seem to be predominantly white, but nobody has said anything about the 500 homeless veterans in that home for them. I bet there are men of races other than white, but then you are so deep into your leaner status that you won't believe anything that doesn't come from another leaner.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
I guess Mr Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney helped those people who lost there jobs as Bain and Mr.Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney walked away with Millions.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I think you've been asked before - what is, by your definition, a leaner?
You are one of the worst leaners here so you should be able to figure it out. However, I will just say that I have shortened left leaner to be leaner and go from there.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Romney touched the lives of my grandparents when he baptized them into the Mormon Church in 2010. Unfortunately they died in 1996 and 2001
Another leaner tries to steal the thread from its topic. Good job and old Saul would be very proud of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections