Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 07:10 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,691,416 times

Advertisements

Just sittin here shakin my head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the altitude. Yeah, that's it.

As liberal pundits cringed Wednesday night over President Obama's debate performance, Al Gore leapt to his defense with a curious explanation.

If Obama seemed like he had his head in the clouds, the former VP reasoned, perhaps it was because he was having trouble adjusting to the Mile-High City.

"I'm going to say something controversial here," Gore said on Current TV, the channel he helped found. "Obama arrived in Denver at 2 p.m. today, just a few hours before the debate started. Romney did his debate prep in Denver. When you go to 5,000 feet, and you only have a few hours to adjust, I don't know ..."

Read more: Gore blames Denver altitude for Obama's debate performance | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM

993 posts, read 831,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Just sittin here shakin my head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the altitude. Yeah, that's it.

As liberal pundits cringed Wednesday night over President Obama's debate performance, Al Gore leapt to his defense with a curious explanation.

If Obama seemed like he had his head in the clouds, the former VP reasoned, perhaps it was because he was having trouble adjusting to the Mile-High City.

"I'm going to say something controversial here," Gore said on Current TV, the channel he helped found. "Obama arrived in Denver at 2 p.m. today, just a few hours before the debate started. Romney did his debate prep in Denver. When you go to 5,000 feet, and you only have a few hours to adjust, I don't know ..."

Read more: Gore blames Denver altitude for Obama's debate performance | Fox News
Saturday Night Live couldn't have done it better!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Think SNL can muster a skit or two over this? How about one of the president? Do one with Palin aka Tina Fey interviewing the president and kicking his assets in too? Better yet, bring in the real Sarah Palin and have her beat him in a debate...should be a hoot.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:00 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
I think it was "Rocky Mountain High".

Old 10-04-2012, 08:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I think it was "Rocky Mountain High".
Thanks for the humor and a good laugh.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Saw Gore speak in Toronto a couple of weeks ago- man has that guy got big feet...He looked like he was wearing skis...maybe that long foot got stuck in his mouth this time--- I think Obama took some bad advice and should have never taken those two anti anxiety pills...sometimes he with the best doctor wins...Never trust modern chemistry completely.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:07 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
Didn't Obama fly in from Nevada? I know Las Vegas is ~2100 ft above sea level, and many parts of Nevada are pretty 'high' already. But yeah, no one believes this as the excuse.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Rumor has it that the DNC wants to change the site of the next debate to Death Valley.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Rumor also has it that Obama will be allowed to use oxygen during the next one...and maybe some blood doping....If he was smart he should have stored a few pints of his own blood for the occasion..and maybe have the doc give some of that male hormone stuff...but that gentle boyish persona might not fly as well with liberals if he got all manly all of a sudden..manly- that is bad.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Saturday Night Live couldn't have done it better!
Have you ever been to the Mile-High City for any length of time? I'm guessing not.

LOTS of people who go to Denver don't understand why they feel slightly nauseous and very, very tired for the first few days. It's a fact. Altitude sickness does happen out there. It's not a joke if it happens to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections