Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It was not the percentage number that was the most damaging. It was his comments about those folks who he thought comprised the 47%. And, despite the number being very obvious, I don't think he realized at the time he was talking about very close to half of us.
Actually, and overall I was happy MR won the primary, MR's big problem can best be related to a great movie line. Remember Erin Brockovich whose boss's final line was "Do they not teach beuaty queens how to apologize"? That relates to Romney.

Ryan said he "misspoke" on the 47% line, his admin on Navy Seal's mom admonishment "We'll respect her wishes". Those changes in postion are reprehensible.

On the 47%, I'd have preferred he say publicly "My comment was indenfsible, I'm ashamed of it, and it does not represent my line of thought". On the Navy Seal, equating running for office with dying for country is an abomination, and I'm ashamed I did just that. I learned my lesson, and it will not recur. Watch me, listen to me, and on both issues, judge if I can walk the walk, as easily as I talk the talk".

Old 10-13-2012, 11:20 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Actually, and overall I was happy MR won the primary, MR's big problem can best be related to a great movie line. Remember Erin Brockovich whose boss's final line was "Do they not teach beuaty queens how to apologize"? That relates to Romney.

Ryan said he "misspoke" on the 47% line, his admin on Navy Seal's mom admonishment "We'll respect her wishes". Those changes in postion are reprehensible.

On the 47%, I'd have preferred he say publicly "My comment was indenfsible, I'm ashamed of it, and it does not represent my line of thought". On the Navy Seal, equating running for office with dying for country is an abomination, and I'm ashamed I did just that. I learned my lesson, and it will not recur. Watch me, listen to me, and on both issues, judge if I can walk the walk, as easily as I talk the talk".
What did Romney say about a Navy Seal???

Old 10-13-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
What did Romney say about a Navy Seal???
He said Americans go and fight to help others, even when it does them harm, and (paraphrase) That is why I'm running.

I had no idea there was an equal chance of dying during a campaign.

And yes, what I called him when I saw the clip would get bleeped out here. I'm no Obama fan, but this former Romney fan is now considering only voting for other offices.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
He said Americans go and fight to help others, even when it does them harm, and (paraphrase) That is why I'm running.

I had no idea there was an equal chance of dying during a campaign.

And yes, what I called him when I saw the clip would get bleeped out here. I'm no Obama fan, but this former Romney fan is now considering only voting for other offices.
I must look into this because i am not following what he said that was wrong. Wow so you were a Romney supporter and now going to vote for Obama. I MUST find out what he said negatively about our troops. Romney is a piece of malarkey.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I must look into this because i am not following what he said that was wrong. Wow so you were a Romney supporter and now going to vote for Obama. I MUST find out what he said negatively about our troops. Romney is a piece of malarkey.
I won't vote for Obama, but w/o a stronger apology on the Seal issue, I will not vote for president at all.

From :http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ristmas-party/

“And it touched me obviously that I recognized that this young man that I thought was so impressive has lost his life in the service of his fellow men and women,” said Romney, who said he learned from news reports that Doherty and his colleagues went to the consulate when they heard it was under attack. They “didn’t hunker down where they were in safety,” said Romney.
They rushed there to go help,” Romney said. “This is the American way — we go where there’s trouble. We go where we’re needed. And right now we’re needed. Right now the American people need us!”.

The bolded section lost MY vote.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
I won't vote for Obama, but w/o a stronger apology on the Seal issue, I will not vote for president at all.
I respect that, I am curious to which state you are in. I must research the Seal issue. Obama is not a saint or Christ incarnate as some may feel he is so superior. He isn't but he is more passionate and understands the struggles of the middle class. I think we Americans felt that we should have gotten more in 4 years, but the progression is moving steadily. We didnt get here over night. Today I spoke with someone who stated they will not vote Obama because he is a Nazi. That is the first time I heard that. 64 year old white male

Old 10-13-2012, 11:40 PM

I'm in Tn. I amended my post adding an excerpt which were Mittens' comments as spoken.

I wish McCain had been with him. I'd love to hear what he thought hearing Mittens say this. How dare anyone whose entire family has NO record of service think they are making a comparable sacrifice?

I also thought of Murrow's line oin McCarthy "Sir, have you no decency"?

Old 10-13-2012, 11:43 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,193,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

doesnt it remind you of obama? after all, obama ran on hope and change, and all he has given us is chains, and more of the same.
talk about flip flopping. john kerry started it, romney added to it, and obama perfected the flip flopping.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I'm in Tn. I amended my post adding an excerpt which were Mittens' comments as spoken.

I wish McCain had been with him. I'd love to hear what he thought hearing Mittens say this. How dare anyone whose entire family has NO record of service think they are making a comparable sacrifice?

I also thought of Murrow's line oin McCarthy "Sir, have you no decency"?
Bob is this what you are talking about?? I find it odd that when Romney speaks of the soldier and is attempting to mourn him he is smiling and has a smirk, no sign of sadness, I think Romney is off his rocker. I was curious if you were in a battle ground state. Tenn will go to Romney

Mitt Romney Won't Mention Glen Doherty, Slain Former Navy SEAL, After Mother's Complaint (UPDATE)

Old 10-14-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Bob is this what you are talking about?? I find it odd that when Romney speaks of the soldier and is attempting to mourn him he is smiling and has a smirk, no sign of sadness, I think Romney is off his rocker. I was curious if you were in a battle ground state. Tenn will go to Romney

Mitt Romney Won't Mention Glen Doherty, Slain Former Navy SEAL, After Mother's Complaint (UPDATE)
That is what I meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections