Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 04:27 PM

993 posts, read 831,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Just another error made. It is a pattern.... Breitbart Publishes Old Obama Description as ‘Born in Kenya’| Breitbart | TheBlaze.com

Yes, I know, the literary agent said it was an error.
http://www.breitbart.com/mediaserver...590922AA96.png

http://pub.mathaba.net/wp-content/up...bama-Page1.png

Old 10-05-2012, 04:28 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,638,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
If you are not a US citizen, sometimes you end up with two weddings. One to satisfy INS and then a formal wedding with guests and things. I am pretty sure both of my borthers had to do this (both married women fomr other coutnries). There may be other reasons people need to have a quick "official" wedding and then have a subsequent (or prior) formal wedding for guests/show and memories.

Maybe they had two.

It would not make sense to have them that close together though, but it is a plausible answer. .
There is no plausable answer other than the man is a habitual liar........

Old 10-05-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Soooo...are there now going to be "marriagerers" that demand the release of the marriage certificate?
Very doubtful, no one cares when a couple of communists got married, it only a topic because it shows obama will lie about anything...

Old 10-05-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I was married in City Hall on 6/20.

I had a reception on 7/5.

Maybe it's a Chicago thing.
From what I understand lying is definitely a Chicago thing...

Old 10-05-2012, 04:35 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,617,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
OK look. I posted the link to the googlebooks version of the book "Dreams of my Father." You can search the book ONLINE and you will not find any reference to the wedding. None nada zilch. You can also SEE page 401 for yourself and verify that the text has nothing - but absolutely NOTHING to do with Obama's life in the US, let alone his marriage to Michelle.

I posted the link to the wiki article about the book for those who are too intellectually lazy to do their own fact checking. Honestly if you won't do one nor the other then there is no help for you. I am not a fan of wiki myself but something like a book blurb they can get right.

And as to your mysterious "they" on wikipedia, surely you are aware that any fool with an internet connection can manpiulate the wikipedia articles. No doubt the RWNJs are all typing fiercely into that wikipedia article trying to claim that the Obama wedding date is in dispute. And you believe it!

As to the moron I am talking about, I mean "newbie431513" who is evidently the source of this stupidity.
Where did Michelle and Barack Obama meet and where did they get married?
Check the link. The moron claims that the wedding datge was Oct 18 1992 and quotes p. 401 of Dreams of my Father. Yet if you take the trouble to look for yourself, you see that there is nothing of the kind on page 401 of that book. And still the sheeples insist that this newbie431513 is a reputable source.

Not calling anyone names but you are right...I didn't think the book mentioned Michellle..nothing on page 401

Old 10-05-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Doubt it, I am planning a wedding now and we are talking about having two different wedding dates, a legal one in New York and a formal one shortly after in Oregon. We will be celebrating the formal one as our anniversary. So I actually have personal experience in this matter.
You are certainly quick on your feet, you made up that story very fast..! You are definitely a democrat, they just flow off your tongue...

Old 10-05-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Have you never heard of a wedding photographer screwing up and ruining pictures that had to be re-shot a few weeks later? Jeez, quit looking for conspiracies around every corner! That date in the OP link to the photographer means nothing. There are a dozen explanations that could account for the two dates and none of them involve a lie. I was a bridal consultant for over 20 years and I've seen EVERYTHING including a couple who got their photos re-shot weeks later because no one notice someone in the bridal party had a booger hanging from his nose---this was in the days before they could just photo-shop it out. More often, though, people have city hall weddings on one date and a more formal affair church affair for their families and friends later on.
Now this one is almost as good as Algore's, "Lack of oxygen" theory.. You go girl... But try not to grin when you make such outrageous statements...

Old 10-05-2012, 04:45 PM

12,953 posts, read 13,663,665 times
Perhaps they went to the county court house and got married on one date and had a wedding on another date. I've heard of stranger things happening

Old 10-05-2012, 04:45 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They could have been married on either day...

Saturday, October 3, 1992... or Sunday, October 18, 1992

Not like one is a weekday which is uncommon for weddings...

I dunno this is very strange.
Maybe they had a civil ceremony first on the 3rd and the church wedding on the 18th.
Happens.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:46 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Now this one is almost as good as Algore's, "Lack of oxygen" theory.. You go girl... But try not to grin when you make such outrageous statements...
Quote:
I'm guessing you won't have many friends to help you celebrate... Will the spouse even show up?
Quote:
Were you intelligent enough to be a republican, you wouldn't need to ask... being a democrat, it would be impossible to explain it in words you would understand...
Do you have anything constructive to add to this thread or are insults all you've got?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.