Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,396,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Okay, even the Huffington Post has the wedding date as October 18, 1992

Obamas' Anniversary: Michelle Obama Shares Her Version Of 'First Kiss' On Steve Harvey Show (VIDEO)
I know, the 18th is all over the place along with the 3rd. He even has his marriage certificate on the web... WHY??? This says the 3rd.
Attached Thumbnails
Obamas Wedding Date... October 18, 1992 not October 3, 1992-obamamarriage.jpg  

Old 10-05-2012, 03:09 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,262,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I know, the 18th is all over the place along with the 3rd. He even has his marriage certificate on the web... WHY??? This says the 3rd.
Seven pages of arguing about when the Obama's were married and you still can't figure out why they'd post their marriage certificate on line? Do you really think this is the first time someone noticed the two different dates?

Old 10-05-2012, 03:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,828,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Exactly where in his book does he give his wedding date? The email circulating with this latest Obama "scandal" says it's on page 401 and I'm sure not seeing anything remotely about a wedding on page 401 or the two pages before or after that.

You and the sources you believe just like to make up crap and call it fact---anything you can to make Obama look bad.
here, since you cant follow the thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I actually think you are correct.. Might be another one of those internet lies because the book doesnt say anything about their anniversary, nor mentions October at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The irony of Obama shouting that Romney lies about everything, while (if this is true), he does this type of crap is astounding.
I didnt at all say the sources were true.. Do you know what IF means?

I dont need to make Obama look bad, he does that everytime he opens his mouth.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Seven pages of arguing about when the Obama's were married and you still can't figure out why they'd post their marriage certificate on line? Do you really think this is the first time someone noticed the two different dates?
The question remains, why 2 dates?

Old 10-05-2012, 03:11 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,567,433 times
This was meant to play on Obama supporters emotions like he does with everything else. That is how Obama supporters think with their emotions instead of with their brains.

Lose control of your emotions, and you’ll spin into confusion, isolation, and negativity.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:12 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,358,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Indeed.
Absolutely too many "coincidences" over the years......over & over again.
Nice. The poster who posted as "proof" a link to *askville* where probably some high school kid responded to a question about the Obama's wedding date with an incorrect answer and falsely attributed it to Obama's book has returned.

This is the issue I have with those RWNJ chain emails. They start off with utter baloney, in this case some anonymous web presence ("newbie431513") posts on askville, the nutjobs pick it up as reliable information and run with it, and then the rest of the nutjobs stroke their beards as to why Obama is "lying" about his wedding date. And not one of these sheeples thinks to verify the information by checking the source. In this case the text of the book is even ONLINE and available for anyone with a brain to see what is on p 401. You don't even have to BUY the book!

What a nice little social experiment we have going on here.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,991,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes Wiki, and Google say Oct. 3rd.

But his book, which would absolutely have to be proofread and checked many times for accuracy before it goes to print, as well as photostock images which would also have to be correct by the date to be historically relevant, say October 18.

Doesn't make sense.
I haven't read his book, nor do I trust the Cons on this site, so I will go with what Wikipedia says.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:14 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,813,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The question remains, why 2 dates?
read the thread. its october 3, even a pic of the marriage certificate is on page 7.

we already said when one person makes a misstatement and people are lazy they just copy it without looking into it, which is what happened.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
read the thread. its october 3, even a pic of the marriage certificate is on page 7.

we already said when one person makes a misstatement and people are lazy they just copy it without looking into it, which is what happened.
I posted the marriage certificate.. DUH! I doubt it was a single person who made the mistake, the wrong date is published in too many articles.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:23 PM

88,549 posts, read 44,252,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I haven't read his book, nor do I trust the Cons on this site, so I will go with what Wikipedia says.
You could go with what CBS News says...
Quote:
Family: Married Michele Robinson, lawyer, October 18, 1992...
America's CEO: Barack Obama - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Or is the MSM wrong about Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections