Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type of Presidential character do you admire the most?
A visionary character who is composed, who has faith in the American people, and who believes that change comes from outside washington. 27 96.43%
An open slate character who is impulsive, who changes positions with the wind, and who believes that change comes from inside washington. 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 PM

1,403 posts, read 936,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Yep, you made my point again. The characteristics of these two men are so well known, that I don't even need to mention names.
Sure thing there. You are a fool by choice so...its kind of obvious when Romney has made headlines for his flip flopping and his washington insider crap..not that hard to figure out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Choice ONE sounds like Romney to me.

Choice TWO would have to include in addition to what it written....an inept moron to completely cover Obama
You OBVIOUSLY do not know much about Romney then. The man has flip flopped on so many things its just hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 07:24 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,287,039 times
You've got choices for Gov. Johnson and Mitt Romney - why didn't you include an Obama-type?

Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
You've got choices for Gov. Johnson and Mitt Romney - why didn't you include an Obama-type?
Had the Op included an Obama type, then he would have gotten more responses. But, he didn't mention a character trait that include "compulsive liar"....

Old 10-07-2012, 07:59 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,815,336 times
I want the professional businessman who KNOWS how to fix things and make it run.

Shooting hoops and slapping some high fives isn't on my high list of priorities.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:07 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Choice ONE sounds like Romney to me.

Choice TWO would have to include in addition to what it written....an inept moron to completely cover Obama
Of the two candidates, Romney is the one who believes change comes from outside DC. Therefore, the first option is Romney.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:11 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,815,336 times
One that is the MOST UN PC....Use that freedom of speech and don't care who hears something that offends them. That's the real man for the job.

We didn't euthanize that woodchuck by way of firearm or "dispatch" him.

He was tearing up the cornfield. We "shot" or "smoked" his ass.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Track records matter to me. Obama's track record does not line up with description #1, especially that change come from outside... unless you are counting the UN and company as the outside. That's why I will vote ABO.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
I'm assuming the flip flop is Obama. Promise everyone the world and flop to the opposite right?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:38 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
America is faced with two fundamentally different choices. Which character do you admire the most in a President? Feel free to participate in the poll and expound on your thoughts in comments.
You don't have my selection in your poll.

SOMEONE WHO LISTENS TO THE PEOPLE. That way, you don't end up with a full tank of gas for your car, when the problem was a flat tire to begin with. Neither one of these fools, today, is willing to stop talking long enough to LISTEN when someone is trying to tell them something. They've jumped onto their own conclusion, and will be riding it right over a cliff.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,564,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Had the Op included an Obama type, then he would have gotten more responses. But, he didn't mention a character trait that include "compulsive liar"....
You guys are too funny. From reading the poll, everyone knows that the top choice is Obama and the bottom choice is Romney. You ain't fooling no one but yourselves with your spin. You are embarrassed that your candidate has a loosing character so you try to deny reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Of the two candidates, Romney is the one who believes change comes from outside DC. Therefore, the first option is Romney.
Romney himself says that change can only come from inside Washington and the Obama campaign used that line against him. I know its inconvenient for you to accept but that's a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm assuming the flip flop is Obama. Promise everyone the world and flop to the opposite right?
Flip-flop is Romney's middle-name. Everybody knows that. In fact Romney is viewed as even more wishy-washy than John Kerry was in 2004. Romney is probably the first candidate in history to have taken all possible positions on the issues of the day. He lacks a core and a compass. He's the etch-a-sketch candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections