Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has got your vote?
Romney 87 38.84%
Obama 103 45.98%
Other 34 15.18%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. While it is admirable to be steadfast in your convictions. I am sure in hindsight there are probably quite a few Nader 2000 supporters who would have preferred a President Gore.
I cant fathom a scenario where I'd be happier knowing I voted for someone that wasnt the candidate that most closely met my values...if I voted for someone else just thinking I could block another candidate I would regret that either way...to me, that is a wasted vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 10:25 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Romney is too dangerous to take that chance, not to mention the insanity in the GOP, generally. Can't risk it.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
I would rather "waste my vote" on Gary Johnson from NM or Ron Paul, then vote for 2 puppets whom both take $$$ from Wall Street and every other lobbbyist.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I would rather "waste my vote" on Gary Johnson from NM or Ron Paul, then vote for 2 puppets whom both take $$$ from Wall Street and every other lobbbyist.
Hope you don't have any family members in the military, or needing health insurance. There's a lot more at stake than just Wall Street and lobbyist money.

Romney is a neocon. He will run up further deficits and get us into another war a whole lot faster than Obama will.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Hope you don't have any family members in the military, or needing health insurance. There's a lot more at stake than just Wall Street and lobbyist money.

Romney is a neocon. He will run up further deficits and get us into another war a whole lot faster than Obama will.
Flat out wrong...Obama cant stop with the "conflicts" in places like Egypt and Libya and all of his bombing with drones. No difference between Obama and Romney when it comes to the potential for wars and / or conflicts.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
The ignore feature is a wonderful thing. Cuts through the nonsensical tripe and makes getting through threads infested with haters so much faster. List right now is approaching 75. Blood pressure has dropped, too.

Don't you mean Obama would be less likely thrust us into war with Iran? I hear Romney sabre-rattling every day. That snake-oil salesman scares me to death.

Yes, there is NO WAY anyone could have fixed all our problems in 4 years. We had a ton of problems WITHOUT the financial crash. When Obama was running, Iraq and the deficit were problems. Then came the Wall Street Crash. When I saw Obama standing on that stage in Chicago surrounded by his economic team, I thought at the time he'd be a one-term President because he was thrust into an IMPOSSIBLE situation. It really has to hurt to have so much hate directed at you day after day with no appreciation whatsoever of the mountain this man faced.
Yes, thanks for correcting me. Romney would just be a carbon copy of George W Bush getting us into useless wars with no way to pay for them, running up this country's debts and cutting entitlements like medicare and social security that we have paid for through our taxes for many years.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
For the last time, it is NEVER "foolish" to vote for the person that you believe best represents your views.

What IS foolish is to vote for someone you dont truly believe in.
Those who voted for Nader in 2000 got us 8 long years of George W Bush who brought our economy to its knees, spent $$ like a mad dog and got us into unpaid useless wars.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Those who voted for Nader in 2000 got us 8 long years of George W Bush who brought our economy to its knees, spent $$ like a mad dog and got us into unpaid useless wars.
Wrong, those who couldn't come up with a more compelling candidate, or come up with policies and a platform to convince the American public that they were better choices were what resulted in a candidate winning that you don't approve of.

Never blame a voter for the results, its the candidates, the parties, and our horrible choices that put us where we are.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:04 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Romney. Can't stand Obama.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I thought the people who voted for Bush were the ones that brought us that.

Less than 3% voted for Nader, while 48% voted for Bush, yet you blame the 3%???????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections