Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:24 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,111,105 times

Advertisements

Excellent idea, and while he's at it, he should have a meeting with several of the other candidates on both sides of the political fence, and suggest they join him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
I think it is funny that polls seem to reflect he was doing much better when he wasnt officially running. He should drop out and go back to "thinking" about running and see if his numbers improve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 07:32 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,112 times
Wow, if we are talking coifs here, NOONE was more stylish, more perfectly dressed, than The Dandy, Bill Clinton. He is your stereotypical Pretty Boy.

I like Romney on first impression, don't know all he stands for, I suspect he is quite conservative, coming from Massachusetts even! I do like his family, kids and wife. Many Mormons do not believe all the tenets of their religion, just so's you know. But is more a lifestyle, than just a religion, and hard to become disentangled from it, especially if you are born into it. A very good friend of mine calls himself a "jack" Mormon, has alot of good principles he still lives by, takes some of the beliefs, and leaves the rest.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:10 PM

Well, that is really an insensitive and cynical remark about someone's religious belief. I worked with a very nice person years ago, Mormon woman, who wore her undergarment, of course every day. I once asked her about it. She just replied, "it is something I have always done, and would feel undressed without it." She was discrete, didn't get into any religious mumbo jumbo. She was a very honest, hard working, pleasant employee, well liked by all, etc. We have become such a crude, course society, is embarrassing really.

Last edited by lilypad; 10-08-2007 at 08:20 PM..

Old 10-09-2007, 09:49 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Well, that is really an insensitive and cynical remark about someone's religious belief. I worked with a very nice person years ago, Mormon woman, who wore her undergarment, of course every day. I once asked her about it. She just replied, "it is something I have always done, and would feel undressed without it." She was discrete, didn't get into any religious mumbo jumbo. She was a very honest, hard working, pleasant employee, well liked by all, etc. We have become such a crude, course society, is embarrassing really.
I'm just being honest; being Mormon does not prevent someone from being a nice person. However, knowing what I do about the religion, I simply cannot trust the judgement of a person who chooses to follow it. No offense.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:47 AM

396 posts, read 399,225 times
Default Romney's political position

Political positions of Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by grew-up-3rd-culture; 10-09-2007 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-09-2007, 11:23 AM

I know quite a few Mormons, and would trust their judgment over many others I know, implicitly. They have a good moral base, are fair, decent, hardworking people for the most part. Now maybe you wouldn't AGREE with a decision Romney might make, doesn't make it a bad call inherently. Wonder if that was said about JFK way back then, as a Catholic. Can you imagine as a prochoice feminist, how he might be treated TODAY even? Hmmmm??? Romney appears to me to be your typical conservative candidate, people who vote for him will know what they are getting.

Am wondering, though, just WHO should we allow to be President. Baptist? Jew? Muslim?

Old 10-09-2007, 11:25 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,664,342 times
I try to not base my decision on religion but their stances on important issues. I have 6 I agree with of Romney's. Which is actually more than the other candidates except, Paul and Tancrendo.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Am wondering, though, just WHO should we allow to be President. Baptist? Jew? Muslim?
Someone who represents the majority of Americans, or whom many Americans feel would be an appropriate person to represent them. Muslim, therefore, is definately NOT an answer.

Last edited by grew-up-3rd-culture; 10-09-2007 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I try to not base my decision on religion but their stances on important issues. I have 6 I agree with of Romney's. Which is actually more than the other candidates except, Paul and Tancrendo.
I will not vote for Tancredo since he was rejected from military service for mental health issues. If he can't cope w/ his own life stresses, how is Tancredo going to be able to manage the stress that comes with being a U.S. president? He'll probably slice his wrists under the pressure!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:47 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,664,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grew-up-3rd-culture View Post
I will not vote for Tancredo since he was rejected from military service for mental health issues. If he can't cope w/ his own life stresses, how is Tancredo going to be able to manage the stress that comes with being a U.S. president? He'll probably slice his wrists under the pressure!
I think that is why I will go for Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections