Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 AM

993 posts, read 831,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/10/us...mortgages.html

He also said he had no plans to pursue new laws limiting abortion.

“There’s no legislation with regards to abortion that I’m familiar with that would become part of my agenda,” he told the editorial board of The Des Moines Register
This is a lie, Fin Jabber.

Nothing in that sentence means what your title or the liberal media headlines say. “There’s no legislation with regards to abortion that I’m familiar with that would become part of my agenda.”

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what that sentence says, and it BY NO MEANS says he is pro-abortion.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:47 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Well ...looking at these posts it seems Romney could use a psychologist and a 19th century philosopher to explain the birds and the bee's within the fundamentals of democracy, called human flourish.

Again...whole individualism is not possible living in a state which force's morality. If a leader says I do not personnaly agree with abortion and USES IT to manipulate a governing policy, the position contradicts what
freedom is all about.....anyway these are all normal nit picking complaints to be expected as the Obama life jacket evaporates in the middle of the ocean. The Obama-bot is now being unplugged by Romney.

Last edited by stargazzer; 10-10-2012 at 11:00 AM..

Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM

876 posts, read 708,919 times
Quote:
Murder of 40 million babies is little fish? Really ?

He is not pro-abortion!!!!! You are being ridiculous!!! You would rather waste your vote on a 3rd party and try to persuade others to do the same by lying about Romney. You have a selfish, pointless agenda. If you cared that much for unborn babies, then you would vote for Romney to prevent obama from winning a second term. obama is all about abortion. He wants people to have them at the expense of taxpayers and he wants botched abortions to be finalized. Which means that he is ok with living, breathing children to be killed! It is infantacide and he voted for it 4 TIMES!!!! Stop thinking of yourself. This is America that is at state. And your precious third party may be lost forever if obama gets another term.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what that sentence says, and it BY NO MEANS says he is pro-abortion.
It's exactly what it means. He knows babies are having their brains sucked out of their skulls, and he announced that he would do nothing about it if he was the president.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:50 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
This is HOW he is going to weasel/walk back his most recent remarks:

Quote:
“There’s no legislation with regards to abortion that I’m familiar with that would become part of my agenda,”
He's saying there is no EXISTING proposed legislation. This in no way says his Administration will not initiate such legislation once he is in office.

He's not saying he's against the legislation - he is only saying there is NOTHING out there RIGHT NOW which he could support.

He's one slick guy. You've really got to read and study his comments. There are always qualifying disclaimers which give him many options.

Oh, for the good the country, I hope Ohio holds.

I cannot believe such an evil, lying, disingenuous person could be a serious candidate for President. America loves its flim-flam men, clearly.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:52 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
If you cared that much for unborn babies, then you would vote for Romney to prevent obama from winning a second term.
Why would I vote for Romney when he just announced he would do nothing to stop the slaughter of the innocent? Also, n the past he was was firmly pro-abortion.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 AM

876 posts, read 708,919 times
Quote:
Why would I vote for Romney when he just announced he would do nothing to stop the slaughter of the innocent? Also, n the past he was was firmly pro-abortion.
And your third party will? No, because they have no chance of winning this election. You might as well just write your own name in. This is not the only American issue we have to deal with. But, by voting third party you are voting for obama and he votes for infantacide. So, maybe you don't really care about the slaughter of innocent afterall. Actions speak louder than your words.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Which means that he is ok with living, breathing children to be killed!
And why is it the GOP is so against abortion, but then wants to defund education, reduce food stamps and other social support networks necessary to feed, house and give medical care to all those babies.

Prolifers scream about the unborn, but who takes care of them when they are here?

Are you taking them in?

Schools, doctors, food, housing, clothing. Who is supposed to pay for that? Since according to the GOP there already far too many entitlements.

Talking out of both sides of mouth.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:09 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Hmmm, like Obama being against gay marriage before he was for it?

Old 10-10-2012, 11:15 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Hmmm, like Obama being against gay marriage before he was for it?
He came out in support of same-sex marriage for a number of reasons but none of those cited by the right-wing nuts. First, the Democratic Party has always been considerably more supportive of LGBT rights than the Republican Party. A recent evidence of that is the repeal of the DADT rule in the military which Obama actively campaigned for and the Republicans actively campaigned against. Moreover, the conversation in the Democratic Party just like in the general population has shifted towards more acceptance of same-sex marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections