Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 12:55 PM

77 posts, read 82,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Mia Love will be giving a speech at CPAC. I'm looking forward to it. I'll post date & time as soon as I can find out.
Wow! The got the mayor of a town with a population of 16k to speak! What a score! What next? A lieutenant governor? Maybe even a state senator? LOL

(It's hilarious how the "We condemn identity politics!" party is so, so desperate to find a black woman in their midst -- anything to wallpaper over the fact that the party is so uber-dominated by white males -- that they go on and on about the incredible wonderful greatness of some small town mayor ... )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 01:14 PM

630 posts, read 1,264,885 times
If Mia Love was too conservative for UTAH then you can bet she will be way too conservative for the entire country.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:16 PM

630 posts, read 1,264,885 times
Quote:
Abe Lincoln came from a 'podunk little town' of New Salem, Illinois. You can visit it today, it's basically a tiny villiage of dirt trails and log cabins.
Lincoln's New Salem State Historic Site

I suppose by your lights someone from the murder capitol (Chicago) would be automatically preferred.
But Lincoln was also a member of congress

Old 03-08-2013, 02:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
If Mia Love was too conservative for UTAH then you can bet she will be way too conservative for the entire country.
She was running in one of the few districts in Utah that is not overly conservative. Your second comment about Lincoln, has little to do with anything, what do you think Mia was running for? We are not talking about her running for Pres, the talk is about her being an up and coming Republican, One that would make a good congress person...

Old 03-09-2013, 05:53 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
She was running in one of the few districts in Utah that is not overly conservative. Your second comment about Lincoln, has little to do with anything, what do you think Mia was running for? We are not talking about her running for Pres, the talk is about her being an up and coming Republican, One that would make a good congress person...
Based on what criteria, because she says what you wanna hear (oh, and she just ''happens'' to be a minority)...?!

Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
In the final count she lost by 768 votes, a .31 pct margin, to a popular incumbent. And the libertarian candidate siphoned off 3000+ votes. She did not lose this race because she was "too conservative for Utah."

Old 03-10-2013, 08:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Based on what criteria, because she says what you wanna hear (oh, and she just ''happens'' to be a minority)...?!
of course based on what I want to hear, what else would I base this on, may I ask? Why do you vote for a candidate? I am guessing it is based on his/her ideas being what you want to hear...

Old 03-10-2013, 10:17 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course based on what I want to hear, what else would I base this on, may I ask? Why do you vote for a candidate? I am guessing it is based on his/her ideas being what you want to hear...
Oh, I probably look for quaint criteria like ''experience'' and being representative of mainstream America (old-fashioned concepts the GOP gave up on long ago in favor of ''ideology'' and "narcissism")!

Of course if all one does nowadays is hole up in some Possum Holler listening to FOX News & RW propaganda, how are they gonna know what's ''normal'' or "mainstream" anyway?!!

Old 03-10-2013, 12:23 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Support Mia Love For Congress | Power Line

When was the last time you heard a leader say this? Virtually all talk about rolling back the doom & gloom, how they will steer us from the apocolypse, etc.

Instead this young woman says unequivocally that the future is bright.

I see Mia Love as the Ronald Reagan of 2012. No one else quite like her on the scene.
So, she intends to grow government and sees outspending an enemy as a valid defense?

Old 03-10-2013, 03:39 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, she intends to grow government and sees outspending an enemy as a valid defense?
Domestic spending did not grow under Reagan (a remarkable achievement considering the dem-controlled house). Reagan did increase military spending and the result was that we won the cold war and the Iron Curtain fell, freeing millions from enslavement.

I'm guessing that Mia Love would approve of that approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections