Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 01:52 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Can watch her here:

CPAC 2013 - Mia Love, Mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah - YouTube

You know Abe Lincoln lost in the attempt to get a house seat too. He actually had a big losing streak. Failed in business, rejected for law school, etc. Never did Abe Lincoln did say 'meh' and give up. Instead he oversaw the termination of slavery and dawning of a new chapter in US history.

Lincoln Never Quits

I have a feeling that Mia Love could follow the same path.
what the heck are you talking about? This is why the GOP is fading... always pointing to the past and some great leader who would be considered a RHINO is today's GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 02:35 PM

6,258 posts, read 5,065,755 times
Many liberals really seem to enjoy accusing conservatives of hating women and blacks. I have read enough threads on this forum to realize that their knee-jerk accusation is only a smoke screen. Many liberals only like LIBERAL women and LIBERAL blacks. Conservative women and blacks are fair game, because they don't goose step in unison with the unthinking masses. Because they don't agree with the party line.

Mia Love, Allen West, and all the others, are only "tokens" "trotted out by the GOP" (and all the other insults that are so readily available from hypocrits). You denigrate every conservative black man and woman by calling them such names. You denigrate their intelligence, their belief systems, their committment to the conservative movement and the GOP party. You denigrate the strength it takes for them to step away and stand against the belief system of the majority of their race. You imply that they are either willing or unwilling pawns - agreeable to being used, as opposed to being masters of their own intellect, lives and careers.

You either believe in full rights for all in this country - for all men and all women, for whites and for blacks - or you don't. Your words on this forum tell me exactly where you stand.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Many liberals really seem to enjoy accusing conservatives of hating women and blacks. I have read enough threads on this forum to realize that their knee-jerk accusation is only a smoke screen. Many liberals only like LIBERAL women and LIBERAL blacks. Conservative women and blacks are fair game, because they don't goose step in unison with the unthinking masses. Because they don't agree with the party line.

Mia Love, Allen West, and all the others, are only "tokens" "trotted out by the GOP" (and all the other insults that are so readily available from hypocrits). You denigrate every conservative black man and woman by calling them such names. You denigrate their intelligence, their belief systems, their committment to the conservative movement and the GOP party. You denigrate the strength it takes for them to step away and stand against the belief system of the majority of their race. You imply that they are either willing or unwilling pawns - agreeable to being used, as opposed to being masters of their own intellect, lives and careers.

You either believe in full rights for all in this country - for all men and all women, for whites and for blacks - or you don't. Your words on this forum tell me exactly where you stand.
Big violin playing in the background.

So now you're the protector of all conservative blacks, huh?

Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You know how Republicans always talk about how liberals are fixated on race? Listen to this introduction of Mia Love at the conference. I had to laugh my ass off when i heard it. This guy sounds like a dope.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Big violin playing in the background.

So now you're the protector of all conservative blacks, huh?
The last line of my post stands.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,985,996 times
Quote:
And it has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of your post. You either are happily oblivious to this, or you're so desperate to a response, any response, that you toss it out because you have nothing to say that isn't idiotic.

But back to the whining and sniveling "rest of your post". There's a reason that the GOP fawns all over Mia Love, and it's not her political accomplishments. Those total being elected mayor of a small town, and losing a congressional race. Yet she's a big star? And you buffoonishly claim its on her merits. There's a reason the one small-town mayor the GOP chooses to fawn over has dark skin and a vagina. Because that's all they see: "Ooooooo, dark skin and a vagina! This is just the ticket we need to get women and African-Americans voting for us!". It's as dumb as it is ridiculous.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:56 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
"Ooooooo, dark skin and a vagina! This is just the ticket we need to get women and African-Americans voting for us!". It's as dumb as it is ridiculous.

Who are you quoting here? Do you understand the use of quotation marks? The words in between should be a repetition of something that was actually said or written by someone.

If you are essentially quoting yourself, please make it clear that these are your thoughts, and yours alone. Otherwise name the quoted person, and cite the source.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
And it has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of your post. You either are happily oblivious to this, or you're so desperate to a response, any response, that you toss it out because you have nothing to say that isn't idiotic.

But back to the whining and sniveling "rest of your post". There's a reason that the GOP fawns all over Mia Love, and it's not her political accomplishments. Those total being elected mayor of a small town, and losing a congressional race. Yet she's a big star? And you buffoonishly claim its on her merits. There's a reason the one small-town mayor the GOP chooses to fawn over has dark skin and a vagina. Because that's all they see: "Ooooooo, dark skin and a vagina! This is just the ticket we need to get women and African-Americans voting for us!". It's as dumb as it is ridiculous.
Your reading comprehension skills are obviously as undeveloped as your emotional maturity.

The last line of my post still stands.

Take it or leave it, or just simply shove off.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:54 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,484,749 times
Yes i agree that America will one day be a even better country to live in.

sorry to the negative nancy's and negative neds. maybe a nuclear war will happen and we will all get destroyed and you'll all be so happy.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Your last sentence?

Who the hell are you that we should worry about how we stand In your eyes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections