Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:33 PM

6,259 posts, read 5,066,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Your last sentence?

Who the hell are you that we should worry about how we stand In your eyes?
I'm nobody Desertdetroiter. Nobody at all. Just one more schmo posting her opinion on a blind message board. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Good. That makes two of us.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:33 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Many liberals really seem to enjoy accusing conservatives of hating women and blacks. I have read enough threads on this forum to realize that their knee-jerk accusation is only a smoke screen. Many liberals only like LIBERAL women and LIBERAL blacks. Conservative women and blacks are fair game, because they don't goose step in unison with the unthinking masses. Because they don't agree with the party line.

Mia Love, Allen West, and all the others, are only "tokens" "trotted out by the GOP" (and all the other insults that are so readily available from hypocrits). You denigrate every conservative black man and woman by calling them such names. You denigrate their intelligence, their belief systems, their committment to the conservative movement and the GOP party. You denigrate the strength it takes for them to step away and stand against the belief system of the majority of their race. You imply that they are either willing or unwilling pawns - agreeable to being used, as opposed to being masters of their own intellect, lives and careers.

You either believe in full rights for all in this country - for all men and all women, for whites and for blacks - or you don't. Your words on this forum tell me exactly where you stand.
You mean to tell me liberals LIKE liberals? Wow...

I thought "blacks vote on skin color"

Old 03-21-2013, 06:35 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Who are you quoting here? Do you understand the use of quotation marks? The words in between should be a repetition of something that was actually said or written by someone.

If you are essentially quoting yourself, please make it clear that these are your thoughts, and yours alone. Otherwise name the quoted person, and cite the source.
stop it... lol.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
I saw and listened to the her and Love is very polished at public speaking but other then that nothing special. Have to agree with other posters if it was n't for her being black we would have never have heard of her. She reminds me of Palin she can belt out one liners and the talking points and has little substance. She will make a good rep, I mean we are talking about the house after all.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I saw and listened to the her and Love is very polished at public speaking but other then that nothing special. Have to agree with other posters if it was n't for her being black we would have never have heard of her. She reminds me of Palin she can belt out one liners and the talking points and has little substance. She will make a good rep, I mean we are talking about the house after all.
well mayber then she can going on the public speaking tour like Palin and make more money than any of us have seen in our lives...BTW, she is polished, and probably more knowledgable about the world than Palin was 4 years ago.

Let me also add, where do you think Obama would have been had it not been for his skin color? Hillary would have been the 2008 candidate and quite possibly Pres. Obama was nothing more than a community organizer, smooth speaker and a senator who was rarely in session for votes or didn't vote,whichever.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 PM

66 posts, read 180,024 times
Too many stupid people. The country is gone.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
This is not meant as a jab at Ms. Love, who I'm sure is a great person, but it sure is something that the right-wing of the GOP has pinned so much hope to a small town mayor from Utah who lost a supposedly "safe" Republican district race. Oh, and a candidate who for all intents and purposes was one of those "anchor babies" they rail against.

Also curious is her Wiki page give an absolutely gushing bio or Ms. Love, and was last edited just three days ago. Somebody's pushing her for something in the future, that's for certain.
I wouldn't take her party's outlook too seriously. It's easy to wear rose colored Republican glasses in the red state of Utah. Outside of Salt Lake City, Utahans would rather vote for a rabid raccoon than a Democrat.
She's not such a big deal. Most of Utah's towns are so small anyone who wants the job of Mayor can have it because few folks want it in the first place.

And, like you mentioned, she lost in the primaries. That's not exactly a hot career going on there. Love is just another flash in the Republican pan.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:30 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
And, like you mentioned, she lost in the primaries. That's not exactly a hot career going on there. Love is just another flash in the Republican pan.
Actually she was unopposed in her primary so it would have been difficult for her to lose.
Mia Love of Utah hopes to become the first black Republican woman in Congress - Washington Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaPo
Love caught statewide attention at Utah’s Republican convention, where she blew her opponents out of the race by winning support from 70 percent of the delegates. Under the state’s primary rules, candidates with at least 60 percent go into the primary election unopposed.
Facts way off; so is the opinion based thereon.

Last edited by wutitiz; 03-26-2013 at 11:46 PM..

Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Actually she was unopposed in her primary so it would have been difficult for her to lose.
Mia Love of Utah hopes to become the first black Republican woman in Congress - Washington Post

Facts way off; so is the opinion based thereon.
Whoops- my mistake!
I was paying more attention to the elections here, and Idaho is similar to Utah; most of the time, the Republican who wins the primary is un-opposed in the election. I forgot Love was running against Matheson. Jim is one of those exceptions who just wins against all expected odds, just as some Republicans are in the North East.

Interestingly, I see a lot of similarities between Love and a certain ex-Governor who was a mayor of a small town and decided to run for Representative. And lost. She was white and from Alaska, and we all know how that worked out.
Maybe Love will now set her sights on becoming the next Governor of Utah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections