Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,658 times

Advertisements

This has been my knock on Romney since day 1. I really have NO idea what he stands for, other than smaller government. And please, Romney supporters, dont bother....

So yesterday, he softens his stance on abortion, huh? A few hours later, his campaign walks back his comments..This has been the song and dance of his entire campaign. I can only hope moderate Mitt governs if he wins. I hope he was only spouting some of those extreme, nonsensical views just to win the support of the extreme wing of the Republican party. I can only hope, he is really not trying to start several new wars. I can only hope he will be moderate in his budget proposals, and ALL areas are cut, not just social programs. I can only hope, his tax cuts will be thoughtful and fair, ACROSS the board.

Heaven help us, if PRIMARY Mitt governs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,571,445 times
The only thing anyone can say about which Romney will occupy the Oval Office is, it won't be George Romney.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:41 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
The guy is so darn wishy-washy I can't imagine what it's like for Republicans trying to keep up with his changing mind. It's like he's going through menopause or something.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:43 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,575,132 times
it really is strange. to see him come out as some moderate during the debate just totally threw me for a loop considering he was contradicting himself on pretty much everything he has stood for over the past year

who knows what he would actually do IF he wins

Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
At least when he traveled- Muslim nations would not assume that he was their buddy..America might gain back some respect...or nations where the skin of most is dark- would not suck up to Romney expecting favors from a "brother"- From what I see....we just ate some dark meat...may as well make a sandwich from the white meat....Look at that Muslim Brotherhood..they actually think that Obama is some sort of Muslim..and because he has darker skin like some Egyptians that he is part of the clan....nice to see some resentment of some white skin for a change- just too keep them on their toes.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Stay steadfast and vote for Obama

Voting for Obama is equivalent to voting for another recession. That's a pretty big price to pay to get revenge against high earners, whose only sin is that they someday might give you a rewarding job.

But hey, you got your revenge (so you think lol)

Old 10-10-2012, 07:57 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Obama has declared war on working, successful, self-respecting, and self-reliant Americans. We are engaged in an unreported epic battle for the heart, mind, and soul of America -- Obama's army vs. the rest of us.

Destroying our economy is a part of Obama's re-election campaign -- make life so horrible that voters will turn to big government via Obama to be their savior. Yes, I said it. Obama is destroying our economy on purpose.

And this thread is only one example of his success

Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama has declared war on working, successful, self-respecting, and self-reliant Americans. We are engaged in an unreported epic battle for the heart, mind, and soul of America -- Obama's army vs. the rest of us.

Destroying our economy is a part of Obama's re-election campaign -- make life so horrible that voters will turn to big government via Obama to be their savior. Yes, I said it. Obama is destroying our economy on purpose.

And this thread is only one example of his success

Its crazies like you that give the Republicans a bad name...

If I followed your thought process, I would vote for Obama,, hmm, lets see, our household income has doubled, I have a 14% ytd return in my 401k, gas prices and food prices havent altered my standard of living, we got out of Iraq, etc, etc, etc. So if i just looked at my personal situation, Obama wins hands down. Unlike you , I look at the big picture...

Again, both parties are full of crap, and until we get lobbyists out of the picture, every election will be like this one, a bunch of nothing sandwiches...

Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,571,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We are engaged in an unreported epic battle for the heart, mind, and soul of America -- Obama's army vs. the rest of us.
Of course it's a secret struggle of titanic proportions. Not just quotidian, mundane, ordinary politics. A life-or-death battle in the shadows. Ordinary people aren't even aware of the vast forces ranged against each other, waging war to the knife for the future of the entire universe!

Get help, Frodo.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:22 AM

756 posts, read 713,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Heaven help us, if PRIMARY Mitt governs...

Great point, treasurefinder

There are so many people in this country who are just flat-out stuck on stupid that a world-class CHAMELEON like Willard could actually win the presidency.

And that should scare the sh*t out of anyone who hasn't been brainwashed by the con media...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections