Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times

Advertisements

Surprise poll: Private doctors overwhelmingly back Mitt Romney « Hot Air
Quote:
In a new poll of 4,681 physicians provided to Secrets, the doctors favored Romney 53 percent to 33 percent for Obama, with 12 percent undecided and the rest backing a third candidate.
But sole practitioners polled from the MDLinx doctor base were quizzed about the candidates, 58 percent chose Romney to 28 percent for Obama, an indication that private doctors are worried about the impact Obamacare will have on their practices. …
In the survey, many doctors backed changes in health care. But those with small practices worried that Obamacare will put them out of business.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 02:26 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Wonder why Doctors prefer Romney over Obama?
Might be that they are terrified of losing their mega, mega bucks from the Insurance companies that we pay for with higher and higher premiums. It is shown that high medical costs and NOT Obamacare is the major reasons premiums are going up. Maybe the Doctors are scared that they cannot request repeat tests over and over, even though the tests have already been done and no need for more tests.
Seems that the "Gravy Train" might be on it's final journey if Obama gets in.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:29 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Are they the same ones who recommend a certain brand of cigarettes too? :^D

Old 10-10-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Are they the same ones who recommend a certain brand of cigarettes too? :^D
People have smoked cigarettes all over the world for many many years without Doctors and Insurance companies having to rip off patients because they smoke, or drive a car, or fly in a aeroplane or go skiing or play football or eat too much.
Doctors here examine your wallet before even contemplating examining you...... PATHETIC!

Old 10-10-2012, 05:27 PM

993 posts, read 831,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Wonder why Doctors prefer Romney over Obama?
Might be that they are terrified of losing their mega, mega bucks from the Insurance companies that we pay for with higher and higher premiums. It is shown that high medical costs and NOT Obamacare is the major reasons premiums are going up. Maybe the Doctors are scared that they cannot request repeat tests over and over, even though the tests have already been done and no need for more tests.
Seems that the "Gravy Train" might be on it's final journey if Obama gets in.
Translation of the above: God forbid a doctor make a good salary! That would be sooooo unfair. Boo...hooo..hoooo. I want stuff, too. I want a nice car and and nice house and an Obamaphone, but it's not fair that I have to make good grades to get there. Poor, poor pitiful me.

One of the reasons premiums go up is because of low-hanging-fruit people who sue the doctor for any little reason. Obamacare did NOT do any kind of tort reform because that bill is not designed to actually remedy the health insurance/ health care problem. It is designed for the government to control the masses.

Many of us will be on our "final journey" if Obamacare is not repealed and replaced.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Translation of the above: God forbid a doctor make a good salary! That would be sooooo unfair. Boo...hooo..hoooo. I want stuff, too. I want a nice car and and nice house and an Obamaphone, but it's not fair that I have to make good grades to get there. Poor, poor pitiful me.
No, stupid, stupid you............ you could have great healthcare without having to get Insurance based "term" insurance, for life and it would cost less than you pay now for Insurance premiums.
No one says a Doctor shouldn't make a good living but NOT by messing my body around sending me for unneeded tests just so that they can earn mega bucks..... GREEDY Doctors are as bad as greedy anyone.
You are such a comedian..... I have a Bachelor's degree and also studied medicine in the UK and i now am doing well here BUT i don't rip people off.... so Poor, Poor pitiful YOU.

One of the reasons premiums go up is because of low-hanging-fruit people who sue the doctor for any little reason. Obamacare did NOT do any kind of tort reform because that bill is not designed to actually remedy the health insurance/ health care problem. It is designed for the government to control the masses.
So which President DID tackle Tort reform and what is Romneys plans about Tort reform...today?

Many of us will be on our "final journey" if Obamacare is not repealed and replaced.
So you have read the Affordable Care act Bill? Be careful, questions will follow....lol.
Over 50,000 American's a year get the 'FINAL JOURNEY" you are talking about because of the existing health system here........ the health care here is Pathetic, Expensive and FAILS Millions of Citizens. The number one reason for personal bankruptcy in the USA is health care..... maybe when the Doctors are overcharging and getting "back handers" from pharmaceutical companies for prescribing their drugs and the repeat payments for multi testing people, they might think of the millions suffering because of their GREED.
Making a living is one thing...... Making a "KILLING" is another.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 PM

993 posts, read 831,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
So you have read the Affordable Care act Bill? Be careful, questions will follow....lol.
Over 50,000 American's a year get the 'FINAL JOURNEY" you are talking about because of the existing health system here........ the health care here is Pathetic, Expensive and FAILS Millions of Citizens. The number one reason for personal bankruptcy in the USA is health care..... maybe when the Doctors are overcharging and getting "back handers" from pharmaceutical companies for prescribing their drugs and the repeat payments for multi testing people, they might think of the millions suffering because of their GREED.
Making a living is one thing...... Making a "KILLING" is another.
I don't know what type of doctors you are associated with, but I know of none who foolishly order tests for profit. I have had the experience of spending a large portion of almost two decades in and out of the hospital and at doctors' appointments with children who have serious health problems. I have spent weeks at a time at four different hospitals, including almost a one-year in-patient stay at the end. In all those years, I met one a-hole doctor who seemed to care more about himself than my child. All the other doctors' number one priority was to help their patients, and sometimes this came at a cost to family time or personal time, but it was because they truly cared. I have zero doubt about that. For people to call them greedy is rude, misinformed, full of jealousy, envy, and greed of their own.

Americans are willing to pay actors (sometimes not highly educated) multiple millions of dollars a year so they can make us laugh for a minute, and in return our money allows them to party, sometimes do drugs, buy extravagant crap they don't need, and try to suppress the freedom of speech of their peers. But let a doctor make $500K or so after spending many sleepless nights studying for 12 or more years, using that knowledge to try to solve mysteries of the human body, balance the art of using strong medicine and/or intricate surgical procedures without killing us, breaking the worst news anyone can hear, and at the same time trying not to get emotionally attached to the patient or family.....and that's greed to some people. That attitude makes me sick.

I assume you're kidding about the first question. Most members of the house and senate haven't even read the whole thing because it's a 2,000+ page jumbled up mess. Large corporations have hired tax attorneys and accountants to try to figure out what the bill means to the future of their business and NO ONE KNOWS! Doctors have attempted to comprehend the entire thing and see the big picture and it's impossible. They don't even know what to expect except for the healthcare system to decline.

I do know this. Starting Oct. 1 of this year, hospitals will get penalized if a patient comes back in less than 30 days. Let that marinate for a while. In 2015 doctors will be paid based on 'results.' That means diabetics with higher A1Cs will be turned away from their doctors because they can't afford for their 'score' to go down. My sister is a type 1 diabetic and the endocronologist has already warned the patients. This might make them more diligent in taking care of themselves, but sometimes more severe situations can't be avoided so the patient will lose healthcare when they need it the most. Doctors can't move into the house with every one of their patients and check their blood sugar and grab unhealthy food from their mouths, so they should not be held accountable for something they can't control. This is an absurd policy. The bill also totally kills incentives to invest in inventing new technology, so the much hoped-for continuous glucometer combined with the pump will probably fall by the wayside. So much for better screening, new antibotics, etc. It's a slow death, at the very least, to quality of life.

I want everyone to have healthcare, but it's going to take more than a bunch of partisan politicians using their imagination about what might work and then forcing it on the entire country without as much as a trial run in a state that wants to volunteer to try the model. Gov. Romney knows what works and doesn't work and his model is not the same as Obamacare. Even if it was, the federal government has no business trying to run healthcare when they can't even pass a budget.

I don't know what Gov. Romney's stand on tort reform is, but the republicans offered a plan that included that, along with selling across state lines which would also make a HUGE difference. You might not be old enough to remember what a long distance call used to cost when AT&T dominated just like Blue Cross Blue Shield does in many states. It was ridiculous. Gov. Romney wants to REPEAL and REPLACE Obamacare because in its present form it's junk. He wants to keep the things that make sense like letting people stay on their parents' insurance until they are 26. He helped to pass a bi-partisan bill in Massachusetts. He didn't use taxpayer dollars to fly in a senator who was out of town visiting a sick relative just to bully the bill through like Obama did. Healthcare reform can and should be done but not with all the willy-nilly feel-good ideas that won't work in the real world and will in fact, make our economy and our health worse.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Obama supporters would rather listen to Big Bird than doctors.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:19 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
I don't know what type of doctors you are associated with, but I know of none who foolishly order tests for profit. I have had the experience of spending a large portion of almost two decades in and out of the hospital and at doctors' appointments with children who have serious health problems. I have spent weeks at a time at four different hospitals, including almost a one-year in-patient stay at the end. In all those years, I met one a-hole doctor who seemed to care more about himself than my child. All the other doctors' number one priority was to help their patients, and sometimes this came at a cost to family time or personal time, but it was because they truly cared. I have zero doubt about that. For people to call them greedy is rude, misinformed, full of jealousy, envy, and greed of their own.

Americans are willing to pay actors (sometimes not highly educated) multiple millions of dollars a year so they can make us laugh for a minute, and in return our money allows them to party, sometimes do drugs, buy extravagant crap they don't need, and try to suppress the freedom of speech of their peers. But let a doctor make $500K or so after spending many sleepless nights studying for 12 or more years, using that knowledge to try to solve mysteries of the human body, balance the art of using strong medicine and/or intricate surgical procedures without killing us, breaking the worst news anyone can hear, and at the same time trying not to get emotionally attached to the patient or family.....and that's greed to some people. That attitude makes me sick.

I assume you're kidding about the first question. Most members of the house and senate haven't even read the whole thing because it's a 2,000+ page jumbled up mess. Large corporations have hired tax attorneys and accountants to try to figure out what the bill means to the future of their business and NO ONE KNOWS! Doctors have attempted to comprehend the entire thing and see the big picture and it's impossible. They don't even know what to expect except for the healthcare system to decline.

I do know this. Starting Oct. 1 of this year, hospitals will get penalized if a patient comes back in less than 30 days. Let that marinate for a while. In 2015 doctors will be paid based on 'results.' That means diabetics with higher A1Cs will be turned away from their doctors because they can't afford for their 'score' to go down. My sister is a type 1 diabetic and the endocronologist has already warned the patients. This might make them more diligent in taking care of themselves, but sometimes more severe situations can't be avoided so the patient will lose healthcare when they need it the most. Doctors can't move into the house with every one of their patients and check their blood sugar and grab unhealthy food from their mouths, so they should not be held accountable for something they can't control. This is an absurd policy. The bill also totally kills incentives to invest in inventing new technology, so the much hoped-for continuous glucometer combined with the pump will probably fall by the wayside. So much for better screening, new antibotics, etc. It's a slow death, at the very least, to quality of life.

I want everyone to have healthcare, but it's going to take more than a bunch of partisan politicians using their imagination about what might work and then forcing it on the entire country without as much as a trial run in a state that wants to volunteer to try the model. Gov. Romney knows what works and doesn't work and his model is not the same as Obamacare. Even if it was, the federal government has no business trying to run healthcare when they can't even pass a budget.

I don't know what Gov. Romney's stand on tort reform is, but the republicans offered a plan that included that, along with selling across state lines which would also make a HUGE difference. You might not be old enough to remember what a long distance call used to cost when AT&T dominated just like Blue Cross Blue Shield does in many states. It was ridiculous. Gov. Romney wants to REPEAL and REPLACE Obamacare because in its present form it's junk. He wants to keep the things that make sense like letting people stay on their parents' insurance until they are 26. He helped to pass a bi-partisan bill in Massachusetts. He didn't use taxpayer dollars to fly in a senator who was out of town visiting a sick relative just to bully the bill through like Obama did. Healthcare reform can and should be done but not with all the willy-nilly feel-good ideas that won't work in the real world and will in fact, make our economy and our health worse.
Great post.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Obama supporters would rather listen to Big Bird than doctors.
Yes, apparently Obama is more worried about a rich fictional character losing his government subsidy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections