Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 02:32 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
He's not talking about lean years for him personally, but economically in general. He was trying to keep his company afloat.

With the implementation of AHCA some companies are holding back on hiring, are making full-time jobs into part-time, and are in a holding pattern til they see what the taxes and costs will look like.

He's also NOT implying that his employees need to vote for Obama. He's just laying out the facts.
huh?
Quote:
"If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company," he says in the nearly 1,400-word e-mail. "Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 02:34 PM

The rich own this country.

Hopefully, people are starting to understand the occupy movement now.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:43 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Default Man who creates jobs, slams Obama

Wynn On Obama: "I'll Be Damned If I Want To Have Him Lecture Me" | RealClearPolitics

Quote:
WYNN: I've created about 250,000 direct and indirect jobs according to the state of Nevada's measurement. If the number is 250,000, that's exactly 250,000 more than this president, who I'll be damned if I want to have him lecture me about small business and jobs. I'm a job creator. Guys like me are job creators and we don't like having a bulls-eye painted on our back.

[MOD CUT/copyright]
Good for him speaking up. More should do so. Obama has no clue and has never created a job in his life let alone run anything. He doesnt have a clue about what it takes, nor does he have a clue about the economy as we sadly are finding out

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-10-2012 at 07:10 PM..

Old 10-10-2012, 02:43 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

True. Money talks. However; the movement would have been better served in focusing their movement on DC. The politicians are the ones that are supposed to represent ALL of the American people, and not just the ones who have all of the money.... crony capitalism.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:44 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:

The occupy movement doesnt even understand the occupy movement.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:45 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Funny union make it very clear to their membership who they should vote for, but a man directly responsible for employing 7000 people is not allowed to say anything?

the real problem is that there are thousands of companies looking at things the same way, and I can't personally blame them.

Just about 2 weeks ago my uncle started selling off some of his companies equipment. He bought the company almost 30 years ago, when it was struggling to survive, and turned it into a profitable company that was producing enough money to pay his 70 or so employees very well while making him a millionaire. The problem is the idea of Obamacare taking full effect, and a raise in his taxes, have made him decide that it is no longer worth it. He can close down the company and sell/lease the property it owns, then go live in his condo that he bought 10 years ago in Mexico. Down there he will never have to worry about money again, and will still leave enough for his children and grandchildren to inherit enough to give them a head start in life. If he continues to run his company losing money like he has the past 3 years while having to give his employees more for their healthcare, and having to pay even more in taxes, he fears he will spend every dime he has trying to survive.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:49 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Wynn On Obama: "I'll Be Damned If I Want To Have Him Lecture Me" | RealClearPolitics

Good for him speaking up. More should do so. Obama has no clue and has never created a job in his life let alone run anything. He doesnt have a clue about what it takes, nor does he have a clue about the economy as we sadly are finding out
Do you mean by Obama creating nearly 5 million jobs and keeping his promise to get unemployment under 8%?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:53 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
I love seeing the right cry.

CEO: "If I have to have to build a 19 car garage instead of 30, so you can have health insurance. I am going to take my company and move it to Equador....WAAAAAAAAA."
So essentially, you think the federal government should mandate a cap on what an entrepreneur can make in terms of profit?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:54 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Well intelligent people have been boycotting his business for a long time. He is a time share magnet. Those things are scams and he is nothing more than a shyster. It is not surprising that he would say such a despicable thing. In all likelihood his employees have been looking for other jobs before he put this out. Who wants to sell time shares.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So essentially, you think the federal government should mandate a cap on what an entrepreneur can make in terms of profit?
Did I say that? No. CEO's are just cry babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections