Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,257,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Biden showed the most bizzare, childlike, obnoxious behavior I have ever witnessed in any debate in my lifetime watching debates on TV; with his constant smirking, snearing at Ryan, and, with his constant interrupting of Ryan, so that he couldn't make his point. On the other hand, Ryan showed a calmness, and patient behavior with a gentle smile. Thank GOD, I was not Ryan, if I was in Ryan's shoes, that *******, Biden would have a fist in his mouth. I don't know who won the debate tonight, I haven't checked with all the blog sites, but I do know, with Ryan's calm demeanor, he would win hands down. Who ever actually won, I'm sure the public who watched the debate would agree with me. I would score another 5% gain for Romney/Ryan. Biden just lost it for O'bummer, who we all knew was a loser anyway.
I'm glad Romney never interrupted in the first debate, because that would make you a big old hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 01:59 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,465,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
in the end, people know if they are unemployed or underemployed. here is the labor participation rate:

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

notice anything about that graph?

I am well aware of the LFPR. The recent precipitous fall is caused mostly by the cyclical downturn, followed by baby boomers leaving the work place. If we adjusted for it, U3 would be higher.

However, according to last months BLS data - both the number of real jobs and the LFPR increase which is good news. Nonetheless, this is just one month's of data and hardly enough to cheer-lead about.

Anyways, I am sure you had a point. Perhaps next time, you want to express it.

p.s. It is amusing watching you link BLS data while a couple post ago you were claiming that they were fudging the data.....spin, spin, spin, spin. It is amazing that you don't get dizzy.

Quote:
oh, and that's from BLS, which is an agency of the dept of labor.
Nope. The BLS is independent of the Dept. of Labor. Seriously, why do you like to lie so much?

Old 10-12-2012, 02:24 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,514,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
keeping it classy, liberals.

biden, as usual, had ZERO specifics and just talked in platitudes-which the liberals seem to love.

ryan pointed out that this "tax the rich" mantra has ZERO chance of working without massive reduction in government spending, but did the moderator ask biden about that? when she is demanding specifics from ryan, does she ask biden how many millionaires there are and how much they plan on getting then in taxes? you know she did not, and would not. did she ask what percentage of the country would be asked to shoulder the burden for the rest, and what the government would do if those people chose to just up and leave the country for greener pastures? would they freeze their bank accounts? confiscate their homes? what?

biden went unchallenged with a lot of his dopey statements, like the military asking to be downsized. we all know that all government departments love it when downsizing talk starts.

where were the questions on sequestration, massive spending, and no budgets? instead the dopey religion question and "personality" question.

oh, and biden pretending he is the peacemaker? give me a break. they sent troops to how many countries-70 something? they are fighting hard not to leave iraq, and not to leave afghanistan. how many dead soldiers/civilians from these "peacemakers and their peacemaker drones"? how gullible are people, anyhow? don't even mention fast and furious deaths, because they now are ruled to be "friendly fire" -naturally OUR OWN GUYS are responsible, not obama. that probably will be the result of the investigation into the embassy deaths-friendly fire, and who would challenge? it isn't like we have the rule of law in this country with eric holder as our top cop.

biden acted like he and obama were running for office the 1st time, like they haven't had 4 years to get something done-other than the massive obamacare tax. (which you know they don't understand, haven't read, and couldn't explain in detail).

it was a talk-filled debate, but not very substantive.
Great observations, I can't disagree with anything you said.
Was Biden reading from cue-cards?

Old 10-12-2012, 02:32 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,885,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Thurston Howell would also call his yacht a vehicle, but Biden is blue collar joe and he thinks of Oldsmobile and Fords when someone says vehicle.
What is your fixation about rich people??....you make these analogies a lot.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:32 AM

24,453 posts, read 33,125,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Stop lying. Biden never laughed about the suffering of the American people.

I am still waiting for someone to explain Romney's neutral tax plan by cutting taxes 20% and reducing tax deductions. As Joe said, it is not mathematically possible.
I'm still waiting for Joe to explain why he only donated 1.46% of his 2011 earnings to charity.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:33 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,249,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
What is your fixation about rich people??....you make these analogies a lot.
Thurston Howell is a fictional tv character on a television comedy, he's not a real person, not really rich.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,752,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Big time. Biden was tough, Ryan was a pansy.

Politics is a tough field. If you can't hang with the big boys, get back to hiding behind the Koch's skirt
I have to laugh you calling Ryan a pansy. One can only wonder what your opinion is of Obama based on his debate performance. Obama was so disconnected during his first debate, fumbling and stumbling through it and clearly didn't want to be there. He never got close to stepping up. Oh, wait, was that because he was being too polite????

Polite is when you tolerate someone who interrupts you 82 times!!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 03:00 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,752,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Social mobility (the ability to get ahead via hard work) is much higher in Western Europe than it is here.

In Western Europe they take care of their sick, young, elderly and unemployed.
So does Venezuela. Chavez's platform was to tell voters that his opponent was going to take away all their welfare benefits. You do know that he was re-elected don't you? Obviously people chose welfare over development and work. I guess that's why Obama and Chavez hold each other in such high esteem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Biden was sent with a can of whoop as$, he showed up with a case.

He did go a bit overboard, but when you send in a pitbull that's what you sometimes get.

Reminds me of the Obama/Romney debate, although Mitt didn't have to go overboard seeing as how Obama laid down and make it easy for Mitt to walk over him.

-----------------

I will say that Ryan's embarrassment was when it came to understanding that in Afghan US troops were being replaced by trained Afghani troops. But I'm sure Biden had to explain that to Obama as well.

I think Ryan held up well considering he was up against a seasoned debater. Having said that, I would have thought that Biden would have been professional in his behavior but that seems to be something he's been losing over time.

Last edited by softblueyz; 10-12-2012 at 03:23 AM..

Old 10-12-2012, 03:40 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,050,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Biden was very rude and showed me he could not work across the isle. In Bidens mind, he is the only person who has a right to an opinion. Just like Obama he would just ram his ideas up everyone's butt. Biden was classless and not presidential.
In the 4 years of him VP has either of them rammed anything up anyone's butt?? Have you seen footage of Biden being not able to work across the aisle. Just like Ryan, he would continue to be the party of NO> GOP

Old 10-12-2012, 03:42 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,050,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What a joke seriously. I don't think Ryan lost. Classless Joe is not presidential.
Classless Joe is still your VP and will be for another 4 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections