U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-13-2012, 01:09 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,281,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
I'm not bashing them. I actually admire it in a way. If whites had the same attitude then the worst president of all time(Bush might have been worse) wouldn't get a 2nd term. And I think the Trayvon comment gives them reason to do so but they won't. Even in all white "racist hick redneck country" states like West Virginia and Kentucky have at last 41% of their people voting for Obama. The question is more "why would whites vote for Obama" than "why would blacks vote for Romney" so as you would say I'm actually bashing whites.

7 million Americans were on food stamps after Clinton left. 25 million were on them when Bush left. It's now up to 47 million, many of whom look like they're rich and spend like they are too. Food stamps are just anothere "lick" for many. Once they get them they don't want to give them up and they fear that if Romney gets in they'll get their food stamps taken away. This is the NUMBER 1 REASON I have seen for not voting for Romney.
Okay so apparently you are surrounded by poor people who have no intention of getting out of poverty. That's called a subculture and is nowhere near the majority of the population of the US or Blacks. To anwser your question in your other post, the Blacks I know are all over the US and some in other countries. I am from Massachusetts, but live in Texas and lived in California for 10 years before coming here. I have some friends from Florida. Two come to mind. One is in the Airforce and is an airplane mechanic. Another is a lawyer. Both are Black, both are Democrats. Neither needs any handouts. I don't know anyone in Florida who is on welfare, food stamps or is poor. Democrats vote Democrat. Most Blacks are Democrats. Why are you having such a hard time grasping this concept?

Blacks do not vote based on race. The majority of Blacks are Democrat and have been for a while yet you are still implying that they voted for Obama because he's Black and going even further to suggest that Whites should vote for Romney simply because he's White. I already explained (for the umpteenth time) why most Blacks are turned off by the Republican party. Clearly you want to believe that it has something to do with entitlements - this BS is part of the reason Blacks are turned off. You continue to insinuate that all Blacks want is handouts and that the majority of Blacks are dependent on the government. This simply is not true and is most certainly an insult to the majority of Black people who do work hard. What have Democrats done to White people specifically to make them feel that they should change parties based on race?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 01:17 AM

3,397 posts, read 1,440,847 times
Quote:
Famous black people such as Nicki minaj and Stacy Dash have recieved so much hate for suppoedly endoring Romney. But when white people endorse Obama it's no problem. I don't get this. Especially considering he publicly supported Trayvon Martin while ignoring every black on white murder victim, even though there's so many more black on white than white on black.
Actually, the vast majority of murders occur within ethnic and racial groups, not between them. Most blacks are killed by blacks, while most whites are killed by whites.

The reason some black people get called "sellouts" for favoring white candidates over black ones is because black candidates are so much rarer. The truth is, black people vote for white candidates FAR more often than white people vote for black candidates.

To cite just one example, Mayor Richard J. Daley of Chicago, arguably one of the most racist Northern mayors of any major US city, was re-elected for decades with a whopping majority of Chicago's black vote. However, when Harold Washington was elected mayor in 1983, very few whites in Chicago voted for him. This was even true in the supposedly "liberal" lakefront wards.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:27 AM

557 posts, read 467,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Actually, the vast majority of murders occur within ethnic and racial groups, not between them. Most blacks are killed by blacks, while most whites are killed by whites.

The reason some black people get called "sellouts" for favoring white candidates over black ones is because black candidates are so much rarer. The truth is, black people vote for white candidates FAR more often than white people vote for black candidates.

To cite just one example, Mayor Richard J. Daley of Chicago, arguably one of the most racist Northern mayors of any major US city, was re-elected for decades with a whopping majority of Chicago's black vote. However, when Harold Washington was elected mayor in 1983, very few whites in Chicago voted for him. This was even true in the supposedly "liberal" lakefront wards.

True there's more blacks killing blacks than blacks killing whites simply because they live so close to each other. But that's not the point. The point is that of all the murders taking place in America the ONE that Obama decides to comment on was one of the few white on black murders that took place anywhere in America in 2012. Every day in America there's at least 1 black on white murder but he never says anything about any of them. To me that tells me he's saying "eff white people they don't matter".

Do majority black cities ever even have white mayors?? I won't count Chicago because it's about 33% each.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Okay so apparently you are surrounded by poor people who have no intention of getting out of poverty. That's called a subculture and is nowhere near the majority of the population of the US or Blacks. To anwser your question in your other post, the Blacks I know are all over the US and some in other countries. I am from Massachusetts, but live in Texas and lived in California for 10 years before coming here. I have some friends from Florida. Two come to mind. One is in the Airforce and is an airplane mechanic. Another is a lawyer. Both are Black, both are Democrats. Neither needs any handouts. I don't know anyone in Florida who is on welfare, food stamps or is poor. Democrats vote Democrat. Most Blacks are Democrats. Why are you having such a hard time grasping this concept?

Blacks do not vote based on race. The majority of Blacks are Democrat and have been for a while yet you are still implying that they voted for Obama because he's Black and going even further to suggest that Whites should vote for Romney simply because he's White. I already explained (for the umpteenth time) why most Blacks are turned off by the Republican party. Clearly you want to believe that it has something to do with entitlements - this BS is part of the reason Blacks are turned off. You continue to insinuate that all Blacks want is handouts and that the majority of Blacks are dependent on the government. This simply is not true and is most certainly an insult to the majority of Black people who do work hard. What have Democrats done to White people specifically to make them feel that they should change parties based on race?
Where I'm from it most definetly is the majority. The majority of people my age or younger around here have the street mentality. A lot of food stamp users brag about and make fun of you for not having "free money" and make you feel try to feel stupid if your not on it. You said everyone you know is professional and high class so obviously you wouldn't know anything about food stamp users. But since 1 in 6 Americans are now on food stamps I think they're a bigger deal than you're making them out to be. And I'm talking about people who grew up in Florida because I'm pretty sure Florida has the biggest "stereotypical" black people of any state (or at least I hope so). Everyone I know out here that went to college was on a football scholarship and I've lived in about 4 different counties. It's probably similar in other southern states too except Texas but I can't speak on what I don't know.

If blacks don't vote based on race why does practically every majority black city in America have a black mayor? Can you name 3 that don't?

And the handout thing isn't necessarily about race. White people are less likely to speak about politics online but the ghetto ones scream about food stamps too. But the people I see doing this are mostly black but again black people are much more than whites likely to state their opinion in front of everyone and not give a crap what anyone thinks.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:30 AM

24,503 posts, read 7,598,754 times
Quote:
94% of blacks are voting Obama. I'm sure it would be a little closer if it was Cain vs Obama. They would at least be willing to hear both sides. I have all kinds of black people on my fb that are very hood that say they're not voting for romney because he's a "cracka" and because you'll lose your food stamps, section 8, etc if you vote for Romney according to them.

Here's a look at whose voting for who in Florida, based on race and age and other demographics.

Exclusive Poll: Romney opens up 7-point lead over Obama in Florida
You don't REALLY expect anyone around here to believe this post, do you?

Old 10-13-2012, 03:39 AM

You guys are right. I guess white people can't even support Romney without getting killed. Not sure what race the haters are tho.

Trisha Paytas: You Guys Are All Wrong On All Accounts…There’s Facts | Voice4America

Old 10-13-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don't REALLY expect anyone around here to believe this post, do you?
You don't believe me because you are ignorant. You know nothing of the people I speak of.

The night of the first debate posted this in another forum. It's a list of every status I saw from one of my fb friends concerning obama and romney. Have a LOOK FOR YOURSELF. And if you still don't believe me look the people up on fb and check if their posts match up with what i put in the forum. Fool.

here it is look
What the Obama supporters are posting tonight on fb - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Old 10-13-2012, 03:54 AM

1,060 posts, read 1,067,655 times
If black people are considered "sellouts" for voting Romney how come whites aren't sell outs for voting Obama?

Excellent point FLA17!

Rated poitively

Old 10-13-2012, 02:07 PM

14,445 posts, read 15,446,671 times
Quote:
I know all about Maher. I'm saying white people aren't called sell outs when they vote obama, but blacks are called sell outs when they vote romney. why dont white people start calling their own sell outs. Put the kind of pressure that black people put on blacks to vote Obama on whites to vote for Romney and maybe he will win.
I call out white people who are sell-outs all the time.

The tea party doesnt really need us to call them out everyday,
they already look like psychopaths

anyone who isnt a billionaire and votes for romney has to be clueless. And Paul Ryans medical plan is to throw EVERYONE under the bus. There are many OP's against ryan on P and OC. He looks like a failed reality tv star, wanting his palms greased by any lobbyists.

People who have amnesia about bush will be reminded soon enough once they need medical care if romney regime gets in. It will be a return to everyone being thrown to the streets, liens put on their homes, and all assets and middle class destroyed.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I call out white people who are sell-outs all the time.

The tea party doesnt really need us to call them out everyday,
they already look like psychopaths

anyone who isnt a billionaire and votes for romney has to be clueless. And Paul Ryans medical plan is to throw EVERYONE under the bus. There are many OP's against ryan on P and OC. He looks like a failed reality tv star, wanting his palms greased by any lobbyists.

People who have amnesia about bush will be reminded soon enough once they need medical care if romney regime gets in. It will be a return to everyone being thrown to the streets, liens put on their homes, and all assets and middle class destroyed.
You're trying to tell me the middle class has IMPROVED under Obama? wow. Keep fear mongaring tho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections