U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:22 PM

2,106 posts, read 2,705,612 times

Advertisements

How egregious!!! This ploy of this business man to intimidate his staff to vote Romney. He sent a letter stating if you vote obama and he wins he will lay people off, and what is egregious is he states he did a similar ploy for Bush to get into office!!!

Romney is not for the working class. When Obama is re elected and this man has to supposedly lay off people--how will he be effected???

I am telling you this election, its corporations that want Romney, Romney can care less about anyone at citydata, UNLESS you can profit him somehow. He wants a war, he is itching for war, why, Republicans make money when we are at war. Our country is in financial war and is no position to hire Romney. I like firing people and hiring, and have the power to see Mitt and Paul go to the unemployment line. Granted Obama isnt a saint, If you respected full recovery in 4 years, you were sipping on some syrup

Why David Siegel Told His Employees to Vote for Romney - Businessweek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 12:30 PM

3,408 posts, read 3,577,577 times
of course you leave out the fact he told his employees to vote for whoever they felt was best for them. He also never mentioned Romney in the email. He stated if Obama wins, and he is taxed more then already, he will have to lay people off and possibly close the company down. Nothing wrong with what he did, and I give him props for being honest upfront to his employees.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:34 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,208,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
of course you leave out the fact he told his employees to vote for whoever they felt was best for them. He also never mentioned Romney in the email. He stated if Obama wins, and he is taxed more then already, he will have to lay people off and possibly close the company down. Nothing wrong with what he did, and I give him props for being honest upfront to his employees.
Exactly!

Liberals, do you not get that Obama has not exactly been friendly to business?

Do you not understand that businesses are scared? (Not just because of Obama's policies, also because of the mess in Europe, the slowdown in China, etc., but partially because of Obama's policies)

Old 10-12-2012, 12:35 PM

5,495 posts, read 6,105,632 times
This employer was only stating the obvious. If Obama is re-elected there will be cuts in employment and less increase in employment. Obama will raise the cost of doing business. Do you think it will come out of the bosses pocket? How naive. It will cost the working man and woman.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 PM

39,214 posts, read 20,338,563 times
The democrats don't understand the "unintended" consequences of Obama's policies even though they are being told over and over again.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:50 PM

46,053 posts, read 29,504,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The democrats don't understand the "unintended" consequences of Obama's policies even though they are being told over and over again.
Remind me, how is Romney going to pay for those additional tax cuts again?

Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM

39,214 posts, read 20,338,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Remind me, how is Romney going to pay for those additional tax cuts again?
Tell me how much more your going to get after the government gets their handling fee? Tell me how your life is going to be so much better. Tell me about the velocity of money.

I look back on the last 4 years and the middle class has been buried in the last 4 years. Urbanlife, we know you can't handle taking care of yourself so you need other peoples money.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:58 PM

3,008 posts, read 4,325,968 times
Not the first time this has aired here. Again, you have to look at the context. Telling people to vote how they feel all while telling them if you vote for the current potus i'm going to fire people is not really giving them a choice.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:00 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,474,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
This thread is a perfect example of why it's best to put some folks on ignore. Not to mention this subject has already been well covered here. Some people have to be retrained every day.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:02 PM

45,781 posts, read 34,016,499 times
A slice of the back story on this time share guy:

Versailles, the Would-Be Biggest House in America - Businessweek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or