Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 09:22 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Nothing is going change . Would anyone like to place bets here? I'm sure Romney will tout all day how he lowered our 1.2 trillion dollar deficit to $500 billion, whoop-dee-do you rebellious budget cutter. I'm of the mind that we won't change our tune until the markets force us to and no one (cough cough China) will buy our debt anymore a la Greece.

The candidates are described as follows: one wants to expand the governmnet by a lot, the other wants to expand it by a moderate amount.
The most immediate thing we'll see if Romney gets elected is that businesses will no longer be held hostage by looming tax increases and other Obama policies and will be more likely to take the risk and hire more workers. A lot of business say they would like to hire but can't because of the risks associated with Obama's tax increases and Obamacare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Nothing is going change . Would anyone like to place bets here? I'm sure Romney will tout all day how he lowered our 1.2 trillion dollar deficit to $500 billion, whoop-dee-do you rebellious budget cutter. I'm of the mind that we won't change our tune until the markets force us to and no one (cough cough China) will buy our debt anymore a la Greece.

The candidates are described as follows: one wants to expand the governmnet by a lot, the other wants to expand it by a moderate amount.
We will finally see a president that will sign a lasting tax policy and sign a federal budget, and add some stability to our economy.

0bama has never signed a tax policy, he dithered, was ineffectual as a leader even though his party controlled both houses of congress, and he ended up signing a two year extension of the Bush tax policy in Dec 2010. That extension will end Dec 31 2012, and once again, this president lacks the leadership to get a tax policy to his desk. The policy he has suggested he would sign was going to extend parts of the Bush tax policy but only for one year.

0bama never provided the leadership required to sign a federal budget, all he has done every year of his presidency, is extend the spending levels from the last fiscal year under the Bush presidency.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:50 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
All this if Romney is elected????

Don't know what you had in your coffee this morning, but I believe I'll pass on it.

This election, you'd do far better to just throw your vote into a trash can, rather than voting for the "Lessor of the Evils" again. One thing I've been seeing over the last decades has been that the candidates have been far too vague about what they are going to do. They're making promises, but nothing specific. "We're going to concentrate on jobs." But, when they get into office, they show that they don't have the slightest idea just how to create jobs, or replace the ones that have gone off shore. Oh, and by all means, send more American jobs overseas, then complain about the unemployment rate.
You can waste your vote on GJ if you want. There is a huge difference between Barry and Romney. BTW, Bush ran on creating jobs and his tax cuts did create jobs. If not for the housing collapse he would have been one of the best job creators. The housing collapse happened on his watch but not due to his policies.
How Obama’s job creation record stacks up — in one chart - The Washington Post

Old 10-13-2012, 10:08 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
and there you have the dumbest reason in the world to vote for obama. Desperate is an understatement.
I see it as rationality

Those who think the president can actually pull the levers they promise, . . .well. .. I have some swampland in flordia for you

Old 10-13-2012, 10:10 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Women's rights, and not for the better.
This, along with environmental protection, are my biggest concerns. Two more Alitos or Scalias on the Court, we do not need.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
1. Employers will begin to spend the two trillion dollars they have been holding creating millions of jobs.
2. we will have a recovery that will grow 3 X as fast as Obama's and will bring more revenue to start decreasing our debt.
3. middle income workers will have much higher take home pay
4. treehuggers will have less influence, people and jobs will come before snails
5. woman will still have their rights to use contraceptives and to have abortions, perhaps without federal funding though
6.radical Islamic terrorists will be punished if they kill our ambassadors
LMAO.....i can't stop laughing.

Thanks for the comedy relief. I needed that this morning.

Truth is...NOTHING will change.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. No Obamacare

2. No 30% cuts in medicare reimbursement so that seniors will maintain thier medicare

3. No Obamacare taxes, such that businesses can expand, improving the economy

4. lowering corporate taxes so that businesses can expand

5. expansion of oil and oil shale development

6. No war on coal- lower electricity

7. Cutting EPA regulations, allowing business to expand

8. corporate consumption tax

9. lower capital gains taxes

10. cooperation again with our traditional military allies

11. getting tough with Iran

12. renegotiating China trade policies and NAFTA

13. possibility of passing a balanced budget amendment

A lot will change for the better. Even liberals will be better off economically. Further, liberals will be happy again, as they can get back to protesting and complaining about the homeless again- a couple of the things they love the most.
Obamacare isn't going anywhere. Sorry to inform you of that.

Getting tough with Iran? Passing a balanced budget amendment? LOL...you guys are unreal.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:32 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
If all romney does is get us alot closer to energy independance it will be a successful presidency.

I want to see the defict cut in half in 4 yrs and gone in 8.

Balanced budgets every yr. which will go far to the point above.

$3 or below gas year round

Real unemployment under 7% this includes those not being counted ( currently over 14%)

Repeal and replace obama care with a national preventive plan, cover all doctors visits and generic drugs. Can be done with a national sales tax. People still can decide if they want to pay for hospitolzation and name brand drugs on their own or buy coverage for that. This will bring down cost of medicade and medicare and turn those programs into true bridge and hospital coverage insurance plans only.

A Consistant foreign policy. If our friend is our friend than treat them as such. If they are not a friend dont give them any assistance that includes money.

Lower restrictions on start up business. Make it quicker to open up new or expand into new areas.

Cut any goverment programs that are redunant. Move them into other programs. Cut any that dont help the needy. Try to move any needy programs into local or community level areas and support them there. Trim the fat.

Cut the irs down to size. Eliminate most deductions for business and individuals and cut tax rates. This will cause the irs to be needed less instead of more.

Cut in all departments of federal goverment. When times are tight in a business cuts are made in budgets and workforce. The same should be true in goverment. Hold each department to a tight budget. Make do with less. If its good for business to go lean than it is true with goverment too.

Require all on goverment assistance to either work part time, go to school towards a degree ( time restricted can't be a career student) or do community service. No free handouts. The only wavier from this is for health reasons, either phyical or mental. If someone cant find a job and doesnt go to school and doesnt want to donate thier time and has nothing wrong with them the. They can work free for thier city or county cutting grass or picking up trash or they can get off the free handout list!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
1. More combat in the middle east, benefitting the Saudis and Israel, with no US national interest served, but Halliburton and Blackwater's bottom lines will improve.Of course, no one close to Romney will serve or be put at risk. That's a job for the "47%".

2. Reinstitution of tax cuts/trickle-down/deregulation, allowing more of the nation's assets to flow to the already uberwealthy and giving Wall St another bubble to inflate. The economy will show a brief uptick from this bogus activity, then crash harder than in Sept 2008.

3. The supreme court will be a wholly-owned subsidiary of corporate fatcats.

4. Practically all programs favorable to working Americans will take a fatal hit or be outright ended, with no appreciable savings passed on to the public, who will be paying for those millionaires' tax cuts.

5. Health care, education, and research will all be scaled back radically. Again to balance the books somewhat for that $5 trillion tax cut.
Education belolngs solely in the hands of states and school districts: the feds should cut back. How does Washington know what is good from my school district: the needs say, in suburban Dallas are very different than the needs for children in rural AR.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I disagree. You replace two liberal justices on the supreme court with two conservative catholic judges and I believe you will see change.
If it were going to happen, don't you think an attempt to change Roe versus Wade would have occurred under Bush. There wasn't even an attempt..No, if that is what you are referring to, I really do not think Roe versus Wade will ever be an issue.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections