Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 03:56 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,525 times

Advertisements

Looks like Mitt is at it again. His foot is in his mouth up to his knee, and it will probably take him a week to figure it out and flip flop.

Willard promises to get tough on China for manipulating currency and unfair trade practices. And on his very first day in office too!
Quote:
The GOP presidential nominee says that on his first day in office, he'll brand China a "currency manipulator" and work to end what he calls Beijing's cheating practices on trade.

He says "it's got to stop."
Romney faults Obama over inaction on China trade - Yahoo! News

Sure Mitt. It's a well kept secret that you made millions from Bain's investments in Chinese factories.

Quote:
Mitt Romney's 2011 tax returns, which were finally released today, show that Romney's family trust invested in two Chinese companies, a bank and a state-owned oil company. Then, as Romney's presidential campaign gained momentum, the trust sold the shares.
On Aug. 10, 2011, as Mr. Romney was emerging as a harsh critic of China, the shares were sold, producing a profit of $8,138, as the trust made money on the oil company but lost money on the bank.
Mitt Romney's Family Trust Invested In Chinese Companies

Now that you've pulled out, everyone else should get out too, right?

Quote:
Romney also has between $500,000 and $1 million invested in a Bain Capital fund that has been used to purchase shares of GOME, a Chinese electronics company, according to the financial disclosure form Romney filed in June. That company — in which Bain has been one of the largest outside shareholders — is being sued by Microsoft Corp. for selling computers with pirated versions of its Windows and Office software.

Romney frequently criticizes China for intellectual property theft, the type of practices that GOME is alleged to have benefited from. Romney’s campaign said that his investments are held in a blind trust, and are controlled by a trustee, R. Bradford Malt.

“Governor and Mrs. Romney’s assets are managed on a blind basis,” said campaign spokeswoman Michele Davis. “They do not control the investment of these assets, the investment decisions are made by a trustee.”

Malt declined to say whether Romney’s money was still invested in the Bain trust that has been used to invest in GOME.
Romney rips Obama on China despite investments - Boston.com

I get it. The shrewd businessman is going to use the "who me? I don't know where my money is invested, the trustee handles that hard stuff for me."

But wait, there is more! This is supposed to be the guy who knows what businesses need, right? So why are American business leaders unhappy with Mitt all of a sudden?
Quote:
But many businesses, especially big businesses, are worried about some of the steps that Romney has vowed to take, including declaring China to be a currency manipulator. That could be the first step of imposing trade sanctions, and blocking government purchases of Chinese good.

They fear such steps could raise their costs on goods and services they now buy from China. They also fear a trade war with China that could limit their own opportunities in what is now the world's No. 2 economy.
Romney's China attacks worry business - Sep. 17, 2012

Way to go, Willard, if you keep this up you can alienate everyone! Stay tuned for his flipper act on this one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 04:14 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times
That is kind of ironic since Romney is making a bunch of money off this deal in which they raised the Chinese flag over an American factory they were about to shut down.

Workers beg Romney to stop Bain outsourcing - The China Post

Old 10-13-2012, 06:18 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,744,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
That is kind of ironic since Romney is making a bunch of money off this deal in which they raised the Chinese flag over an American factory they were about to shut down.

Workers beg Romney to stop Bain outsourcing - The China Post
Romney is an investor in bain, he does not own or run it anymore, how hard is that to understand?

Old 10-13-2012, 07:51 PM

993 posts, read 831,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Romney is an investor in bain, he does not own or run it anymore, how hard is that to understand?
Hippocrat Obama took almost $120K in campaign contributions from Bain ever since he was a senator. Their manager also donated $100-$200K for this campaign, and he's the one who is responsible for most the stuff Obama blames Romney for even though he had already left the company.

Obama fans didn't get the memo that the Bain lie was a deadend, and they keep talking about it.

Obama takes Bain donations and has offshore investments

Romney Camp Calls Obama Taking Bain Donations ‘Height of Hypocrisy’ - ABC News

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...steel-layoffs/

Last edited by Gal from the South; 10-13-2012 at 08:07 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 07:52 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Someone's not been paying attention. Romney's been bashing China for a long time.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:55 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,568,330 times

Old 10-13-2012, 08:08 PM

993 posts, read 831,424 times
^^^^ lol!

Old 10-19-2012, 12:31 AM

3 posts, read 5,158 times
Be tough on China? Once you are given a hugh amount of "commission fee" by doing business with them (money transfer into your relatives' bank account), once you are arranged to a private spa with 100 young girls as pretty as supermodel/movie stars (and willing to do anything you ask), would you refuse? You see, all the money, power and women in the world! Most western/Asian political leaders start dreaming getting their daughter to marry tyranny's son.

Put pressure on them? You can only pretend it (and tell them first, say sorry second). If you're serious, you make yourself a deadly enemy!!! They give all business contracts to your competitors! Your own people will blame you for not taking care of economy!!!

Besides, evidence of you accepting commission and pretty girls are all in their hands. You work for them now. You were not caught? Well, your spouse, your children, your relatives...they were.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:40 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,419,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiabaoyu View Post
Be tough on China? Once you are given a hugh amount of "commission fee"
Is that anything like a Hugh Grant?

Quote:
by doing business with them (money transfer into your relatives' bank account),
Why in the world would I do that? All my relatives "unfriended" me on Facebook!

Quote:
once you are arranged to a private spa with 100 young girls as pretty as supermodel/movie stars (and willing to do anything you ask),
Gee, I don't know. I think the Mormons are pretty much NOT down on that kind of partee.

Quote:
You see, all the money, power and women in the world! Most western/Asian political leaders start dreaming getting their daughter to marry tyranny's son.
Yeah, I'm personally just so sorry I missed out on getting my daughter hooked up with Muamar Gaddafi. I mean, you know, back when it was all still good times.

Quote:
Put pressure on them? You can only pretend it (and tell them first, say sorry second). If you're serious, you make yourself a deadly enemy!!! They give all business contracts to your competitors! Your own people will blame you for not taking care of economy!!!
I'm sorry, could you say that again in English? Google Translate totally choked on trying to convert this into something I can understand.

Quote:
Besides, evidence of you accepting commission and pretty girls are all in their hands. You work for them now. You were not caught? Well, your spouse, your children, your relatives...they were.
OK, now that you have been outed on another thread as a professional propaganda writer from China, I think I've got the gist of what you are saying... Capitalism is Evil! Is that it? Is that your message? Did I get it right? Is there a prize?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Hippocrat Obama took almost $120K in campaign contributions...
Google Translate choked on this one too... lessee... Urban Dictionary defines it thusly:

Hippocrat: One who subscribes to the political philosophy of hippocracy, or rule by horses. Usually also an actual horse. (See: Gulliver's Travels)

Urban Dictionary: hippocrat

Can you supply references for your claim that Obama is somehow politically involved with horses, or is in fact a horse himself? I've seen pics and videos of the Romneys with their very expensive horses, but never any of the Obama tribe.

In other news, 7,000 of my closest friends and I were axed several years ago by Bain, and all our jobs sent to India and China, well before Romney declared himself to be a candidate for POTUS. So please don't pretend that Romney is anything but the vulture-capitalist we all know him to actually be.

Romney's not a job creator. And he's clearly not running for the common man. The billionaires own him. How could anyone NOT know this by now?

Old 10-19-2012, 06:23 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,638,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Looks like Mitt is at it again. His foot is in his mouth up to his knee, and it will probably take him a week to figure it out and flip flop.

Willard promises to get tough on China for manipulating currency and unfair trade practices. And on his very first day in office too!

Romney faults Obama over inaction on China trade - Yahoo! News

Sure Mitt. It's a well kept secret that you made millions from Bain's investments in Chinese factories.

Mitt Romney's Family Trust Invested In Chinese Companies

Now that you've pulled out, everyone else should get out too, right?

Romney rips Obama on China despite investments - Boston.com

I get it. The shrewd businessman is going to use the "who me? I don't know where my money is invested, the trustee handles that hard stuff for me."

But wait, there is more! This is supposed to be the guy who knows what businesses need, right? So why are American business leaders unhappy with Mitt all of a sudden?

Romney's China attacks worry business - Sep. 17, 2012

Way to go, Willard, if you keep this up you can alienate everyone! Stay tuned for his flipper act on this one!
You sure enjoy wasting your time and energy trying to promote Mitt's investments. Blind trust means nothing to you, does it? Mitt has had no control, or say-so, over his investments and assets for over ten years. Now go out and play before it gets dark....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections