Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 05:54 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
Same question- Reversed.
White liberals support Obama specifically BECAUSE he is black.

White guilt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 05:56 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I will. Hillary had the majority of the Black Vote Until she and Bubba got stupid and loose with the mouth.
Clinton loses support among black Democrats - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

Maybe if the your party learn from the Clintons mistake, things would work out a little better for your party with gaining the Black vote. But oh well.
What party are you talking about???

Provide proof that I am a member of a political party.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:49 AM

861 posts, read 1,249,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
White liberals support Obama specifically BECAUSE he is black.

White guilt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Let me be clearer. Do white people vote against Obama because he is black? Nice try. But I do not have "white guilt". I have pragmatism.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:53 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What does it matter why any given demographic will be voting for a candidate.
Seems most of the Romney people are voting for Romney because he's not......Obama
.......or black

Old 10-22-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
A conservative Black Republican would never get a third of the Black vote.

/end thread.

The reason that they woould'nt is because the republicans keep nominating clowns like herman "uncle" ruckus cain. If there was a serious black republican that was not being manipulated by the party, blacks would vote for him. Colin Powell (pre bush) was an excellent candidate.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol. Whatever.

I have never voted based on race or religion. However, 0bama has caused so much racial division that it's impossible to gage the damage he's done.
Really? I did not get the memo that race relations were all that great before he got into office

Old 10-22-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Only minorities seem to do that. I am white and I don't care what race a politican is I only vote for someone based on how they view the issues.

Hmmmm that is interesting since blacks have been voting for white candidates since they were allowed to vote. I guess that is the reason why modern day republicans do everything that they can to prevent blacks from voting

Old 10-22-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Uh, what is your point???

I never said: "Blacks will ONLY vote for a black liberal".

Who is arguing that blacks never vote for white liberals???

The point is blacks mostly will support ANY liberal but a BLACK NOMINEE will get HUGE TURNOUT and HIGHLY EMOTIONAL, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. (Kerry and Gore DID NOT get that from the African-American base...)

They also did not have the means to "get out the vote" like Obama did

Old 10-22-2012, 05:11 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Blacks are figuring out that he might not be one of them...Obama is more of a dark skinned white jock type...He is no Martin Luther King..in comparison to the average black guy...if you view his profile...his features are not very African...He is more like a dark guy from a Pacific rim nation.

Blacks voted for him because they THOUGHT he was black...It takes more than dark skin to be black. He is Joe Biden in black face.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
This...and Jesse Jackson would have won the primaries as well if we all voted for the "black guy"
Not to mention Shirley Chisholm who would have had all of the blacks and the women votes as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections