Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 01:38 PM

59,041 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
What does it matter?
What relevance does it have to the tragedy of the attacks?
Would using a different word have changed the outcome of anything?

I fail to see why the semantics of the statements AFTER the attack are so important to the Right.

The focus should be on what security lapses may have occurred before the attacks and correcting them everywhere so this can't happen again in the future.
"It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is."

Wasn't it Obama himself who said, "words have meaning"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 01:41 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Awww. I think its time to give all the Repugs a cookie and put them to bed because they are starting to hallucinate from their constanted whining.

Guinness advert - "Men and women shouldn't live together" - YouTube

Old 10-17-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Obama returns to campaign events today, Romney returns to back room to call his money donors to see if they are still answering their phones.
You get sillier and more desperate with every post.

Please provide for the rest of us ALL the snarky remaks YOU made during the last election when Obama raised MORE money then any other candidate in history. If you can find them.

Oh, that's right, you only complain about everything from the right.

Psst, your bias is showing!

Old 10-17-2012, 01:45 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,223,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Romney seems to not fundamentally understand that giving women flexible schedules or getting binders full of women candidates for jobs DOES NOT EQUAL making sure women have equal pay as men for the same job. Perhaps Romney is suggesting to American women that including them in resume binders to interview for jobs and then giving them flexible schedules once hired on jobs is a perfectly plausible SUBSTITUTE FOR giving them equal pay as men once they are hired on jobs. Perhaps if women come to him in the office with "why am I getting paid so much less than Bob for the same job?" he's inclined to respond "What are you complaining for Sally? You were IN the binder to be interviewed for the job, and we LET you go home before 7 in the evening to cook for your kids, isn't that good enough for you? Don't be greedy. Run along now so your kids can get some dinner."
What do you call it when the White House doesn't pay women equally?

"While Obama made the empathetic case for his single mother and his belief in equal pay — pointing out that the first bill he signed as president was the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act — he did not address reports this year that demonstrated that his own White House pays women less than men." [Source]

"According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000)." [Source]

Old 10-17-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
For him to put crap on Obama about campaigning a day after the Libya killings was to deflect it off himself. Chris Steven's parents had to publically demand that Romney not use the death of their son to gain political points.

What did Romney do, again, last night?

That little tidbit right there proves Romney is a sleaze.
" Chris Steven's parents had to publically demand that Romney not use the death of their son to gain political points". This has been stated before and DEBUNKED before. In fact there is a seperat thread just on this subject.

The Steven's ask that ALL politicians stop.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:46 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Feel free to try and spin it however you want, Romney still lost that debate.
From Charles Pierce over at Esquire Magazine:

Quote:
And Romney bitched endlessly — endlessly — about the rules, and why this uppity fellow on the other stool was allowed to speak before he was spoken to, and why he didn't get to speak at length on whatever he wanted to speak on because, after all, he is the CEO of the stage. Jesus Christ, I'd hate to play golf with the man. He's the guy who counts to make sure you don't have too many wedges in your bag. He knows every cheap subsection of every cheap ground rule, and he'll call you on every one of them. You couldn't get a free drop out of him with thumbscrews, and forget about conceding any putt outside two inches. And then, on the 18th hole, with all the money on the line, he kicks his ball out of the rough and denies up and down to the rules committee that he did it. Then he goes into the clubhouse bar and nobody sits with him.
Read more: Daily Politics Blog - Charles P. Pierce - Political Blogging - Esquire

Old 10-17-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Unfortunately, I fell asleep before the debate, so I only tuned in at about 9:30 but I was able to see most of it today. I don't think it was a slam-dunk, but IMO Obama won the second debate on temperament and substance. The very first question was about jobs. Romney kept saying "I'll create jobs" but he never once said how he would do it. Just like his tax plan, he keeps saying what he will do but not how he will do it. Obama was very specific about manufacturing, energy, incentives for businesses to stay in the United States, education & training, and so on. Were you watching the debate on mute?
And Obama has NOT given ANY specifics either except, "I'll raise taxes on the rich and that will take care of everything"!

If Obama was Pinocchio his nose would be about a foot long.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I guess someone can brag about his term as Governor and his supporters won't check the facts. Last night he talked about all the women he sought for high ranking positions in his cabinets. Well, that isn't really true.

In fact, the number of women in high level positions DECLINED during his 4 years and was much less when he left office.

Another lie.

(I can't get my link to work!)

Try this one.
Why do the women in Obama's White House staff get paid 17% LESS then the men with the same positions?

Old 10-17-2012, 01:58 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Lightbulb Oh!! I know this game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why do the women in Obama's White House staff get paid 17% LESS then the men with the same positions?
Ignore the question, right?

Why after 25 years didn't Romney know any qualified women, or where to find any qualified women?

Tells you a lot about the type of person he is.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:59 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,223,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Only someone unpatriotic and not connected to the middle man would attempt to politicize the Libya incident. I'm looking at you Romney.
See post #1644.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Obama had "the moment" of the debate when he called Romney out on that and made him look utterly foolish.
Actually it was Candy Crowley, who was in the tank for Obama, who inappropriately and incorrectly backed up Obama's false statement that Romney was in the midst of calling him out on.

"When Romney said Obama had not called the attack an act of terror for 14 days, Crowley interrupted and said: “It -- it -- it -- he did in fact, sir. So let me -- let me call it an act of terror.

Naturally, Obama asked her to restate her point and she did. “Can you say that a little louder, Candy?” asked the president. “He -- he did call it an act of terror. It did as well take -- it did as well take two weeks or so for the whole idea there being a riot out there about this tape to come out. You are correct about that,” she continued."

[Afterwards] "...Crowley also admitted she took her cue to intervene from Obama." [Source]

Even worse, Crowley KNEW she was spinning for Obama, because:

"On Sunday, September 30th, Candy Crowley interviewed John McCain on the Benghazi scandal. During the interview, she said:
Friday [Sept 28th], we got the administration’s sort of definitive statement that this now looks as though it was a pre-planned attack by a terrorist group, some of whom were at least sympathetic to Al-Qaeda. Why do you think, and are you bothered, that it has taken them so long to get to this conclusion?" [Source]

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections