Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:22 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Because he answered with a women/cooking scenario - it shows that he equates women with cooking. Very clear.
Oh please, this all you Lefty whiners got? Purely PATHETIC! Meanwhile Obama got up there and completely lied about his policies, telling YOU that he is doing everything he is not. What he was saying last night is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what he is really doing, and you believe him. There goes your credibility.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:23 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Obviously you believe that ONLY women need to be responsible parents.
Why? Are men just too lazy, stupid or irresponsible????
OK Iv' read enough of this. Did all of you forget that the vast majority of single parents are women? His suggestion about being more flexible to help is not sexist. It didn't exclude men, but rather was about one particular example about a good employee he wanted to keep and was willing to accommodate. Being a business man he has to know how important it is to do what it takes to keep good employees. That was the point. She herself said she needed to be home for her children.

As far as equal pay for everyone, the same principal applies. Good employees will get higher pay and reasonable accommodations for what they need. If you are first hired and then first fired it is because you are the worst employee there and that's it. No employer that cares about their business is going to want to fire people for any other reason.

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yes, anyone who has a spouse, who has dedicated household responsibilities, are haters..
Progressives are out to destroy the family unit.

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbia752 View Post
Yes he did. This is the GOP plan for "equality" in the workplace, all based on their 1950s view of women. Hey you won't have equal pay, but we'll make sure you're home in time to make dinner!
This goes along perfectly with their barefoot and pregnant view of women.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
He doesn't have any men working for him who are homemakers????
Maybe not. The vast majority of single parents that have kids living with them are women.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I disagree that womens issues = cooking.

Some of the best cooks are men.

Your ideas about gender roles are from the 50's, 1850's
Quote:
Ten visionary female chefs have achieved the coveted Michelin restaurant star.
The article also mentions awards and organizations. Men be scared, be very scared. We're coming after your kitchen!!!

Beverly Wettenstein: Who Are the Best Female Chefs? 10 U.S. Women Earn Michelin Star

Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 AM

You weren't overlooked KA. I read it and repped you. Leftie spin people ignore what they can't argue with.

990 posts, read 939,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Dude, it was a REAL LIFE example! It ACTUALLY HAPPENED. It wasn't his opinion, he was asked for this by an employee!
And it answered the question of "how will you ensure that women and men will have equal pay?" how exactly?

Equal pay and time to cook, clean and take care of the kids are NOT the same thing.

He used an anecdote that was only slightly related to the topic to dodge the question because he has no actual plans. Kinda like his answer to the very first question where he said "I have a plan, I know how to do it, I can get it done" without actually saying HOW.

I'm voting for Johnson because I don't support the Democrat's idea of a nanny state nor do I support the Democrats and the Republicans in their blank check military budgets. Nor do I support their policies on the criminalization of vice. Nor do I agree with them that it's okay to trade with Saudi Arabia, Venezuela and China while I can't take advantage of my business contacts in Cuba which stand to make me filthy rich if we ever end the embargo. What I do agree with the Democrats on is the idea that things are unfair and skewed to making the rich richer while making everyone else poorer as a result.

It's a pretty simple solution to the equal pay problem. TRANSPARENCY IN SALARIES SHOULD BE MANDATORY. There should be a public database where I can see how much my colleagues, superiors and subordinates make and can use that information to ensure that I'm being paid fairly. It's a pretty simple solution. The only reason why salaries are secret is to protect management and to help them get away with taking massive sums of money while laying off their lower-paid workers.

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
If women want higher paying jobs and to close the wage gap on a macro level.....how about women start taking more math and science degrees instead of useless help sector trash like sociology and criminal justice...

That's a great start....help yourself!!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 AM

876 posts, read 708,919 times
Quote:
The woman asked about women's PAY....ROMNEY went off topic to show that WOMEN need special accomodations as if MALE parents don't.

Sexism is just as bad as racism.

What would the reaction be if he said , Yes, he hired Black people and gave THEM special accomodations....

Sexism? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. The question the young lady asked was, "In what new ways do you intend to rectify inequality in the workplace?"

Romney used the example of his employee to illustrate how businesses should work with women for what is in their best interest. It was on topic and there is nothing sexist about it. If you feel that Romney is being sexist towards women by compramising with them so that they can balance work and family then do you think it is racist to have affirmative action?

BTW. obama's response to this question was to talk about his mom and grandmother's situations. Talk about what he has done (Lilly ledbetter). And then start talking about women going to college. College is not the same thing as the work place. So, who was more off topic. And the lady asked about NEW ideas. obama did not give her any. Don't know if he got points for not answering the question for this young woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections