Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,860,122 times

Advertisements

You Republicans are just going to lose the women's vote by a landslide, aren't you? You all miss the point. BOTH sexes should care for children. By implying that ONLY women should care for children, Mitt is sexist who implies that childcare is solely a woman's responsibility.

That's disgusting. For all the Republicans whine that Dems don't respect men, last night's argument was that men shouldn't play in role in raising them. How sad!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM

990 posts, read 934,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
There are already laws for that. That's all that needed to be said. It was a stupid ass question.
There are laws requiring companies to disclose the salaries of all their employees in a public database? Really? Since when?

Where is this mystical database where I can see if I'm being paid fairly compared to the woman in the cubicle next to me with the same exact job title and experience?

I'm certainly not a feminist, I hate feminism and all that nonsense, but the answer from Romney was clearly not in line with today's middle class lifestyle. A large number of working women do not have families these days, especially younger ones. Romney can't relate to entry-level workers because he was never one. His father got him into a job that was well above the middle class when he was done trying to convince people in France that his cult was not crazy. He has no idea the struggle average people deal with.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
You weren't overlooked KA. I read it and repped you. Leftie spin people ignore what they can't argue with.

Thanks for the rep!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:58 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Your post was great. I will say, however, that I read an article in some parenting magazine that said that while women may ask for more time off to do some of those things, men often just quietly do them. In other words, while a woman may put in for 1/2 day vacation to go to her kid's school program, a man may just go and not submit the request for vacation pay. If the manager doesn't keep a close check, they guy gets away with it.

In some scenarios, this works. In others, not so well. For instance, when I worked in outside sales prior to my management position, it was easy for me to run by the school, the house, etc and then catch up on my work in the evening, and no, my employer was probably never aware of it because my production was always great.

But in many types of work, there's simply not that flexibility.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:03 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,396,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
There are laws requiring companies to disclose the salaries of all their employees in a public database? Really? Since when?

Where is this mystical database where I can see if I'm being paid fairly compared to the woman in the cubicle next to me with the same exact job title and experience?

I'm certainly not a feminist, I hate feminism and all that nonsense, but the answer from Romney was clearly not in line with today's middle class lifestyle. A large number of working women do not have families these days, especially younger ones. Romney can't relate to entry-level workers because he was never one. His father got him into a job that was well above the middle class when he was done trying to convince people in France that his cult was not crazy. He has no idea the struggle average people deal with.
What someone else gets paid is NONE of your business.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,753,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
3.5 million more women are in poverty now than when Obama took office.

Equal pay under Obama is that if a woman can't find a job ... then she is making exactly what an unemployed man is making. NOTHING.

Romney wants to get women back to work.
And Obama wants to keep those who depend on goverment to stay there and add more people to that dependency.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,753,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Teachers OFTEN work AFTER quitting time...there's conferences and after school activities.

Yes, YOU do NOT understand the word "company"....it's like "employer".
And many people who work in COMPANIES work after quitting time, without pay.

Company is "like" employer? Anyone who pays a salary to a person is an employer.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:11 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,178,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
One very good solution for both parents is to have wages that allow them to work 40 hours a week.....with jobs going to China to make the wealthy wealthier parents are forced to work longer hours....
There are jobs around which would meet that criteria, provided one doesn't live beyond their means. One just has to look for them and have the right qualifications. If someone doesn't have the right qualifications, isn't that the individual's fault? What are the individuals doing to fix their problem?

For example, Microsoft is so desperate to fill 6,000 positions in the US, they're even looking outside the country for help.

Trying to fill 6,000 jobs, Microsoft pitches $10,000 H-1B visa

"Microsoft said Thursday that it has some 6,000 open positions in the U.S., and is creating new jobs faster than it can fill them. The company is now using its own workforce needs to make a case for a new type of H-1B visa as well as a permanent employment visa."

"Microsoft says the 6,000 open jobs it has in the U.S is an increase of 15% over the number open last year, and that over 3,400 of those jobs are for researchers, developers and engineers.

"Our nation faces the paradox of a crisis in unemployment at the same time that many companies cannot fill the jobs they have to offer," Smith said."

Old 10-17-2012, 10:11 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,330,600 times
His reply did nothing to assure me that his attitude toward women in the workplace was anywhere near "acceptable"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections