Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 04:00 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times

Advertisements

Pretty sad the OP won't even respond to questions....but hey.....when you're wrong, you're wrong.....but keep spewing it...cause at some point...someone will believe you....even when you're wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 04:08 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,571,454 times
Lightbulb lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
He is not involved in the day-to-day operations or decision making. He's a SHAREHOLDER - an investor!!!
An influential investor who has pledged to represent all of the citizens...or does that come with caveats.

The Romney pledge:

I can't represent you if I stand to make a profit by your demise.

I can't speak up for your job if it's going to be outsourced, and I'll make a profit.

I'm weak and powerless to do anything - just ask my supporters. I like to call them my flip-flops.

I know I said I'd stand up to China, but I say a lot of things, ask one of my little flip-flops.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:10 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,193,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Maybe they didn't get a waiver for Obamacare.
Maybe the OP didn't get the message that Romney is no longer a part of that company. The act is not his decision. Kind of like lying about Benghazi was not the Intelligence Communities decision.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,193,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Pretty sad the OP won't even respond to questions....but hey.....when you're wrong, you're wrong.....but keep spewing it...cause at some point...someone will believe you....even when you're wrong...
Apparently, that number is getting smaller by the day.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:17 PM

Lightbulb lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Maybe the OP didn't get the message that Romney is no longer a part of that company. The act is not his decision.
Try to stay on topic. Romney is part of the company.

He's also an influential candidate who has pledged to protect American jobs.

This should be easy for him.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:41 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
“Amendments to the tax code need to be crafted in a way that does not encourage corporations to game the system and export jobs or to move their U.S. headquarters abroad” - Mitt Romney

“A territorial system must be designed to encourage the creation of jobs in the United States, not to outsource them.” Source
It does seem odd that he would go on so negatively about China during the debate the other night and then ignore a perfectly good opportunity to show that he is serious about protecting American jobs.

Oh, well. I guess he doesn't really mean that either.
Quelle surprise.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:43 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,725,840 times
Why not blame Honeywell? They're the ones that sold the company to begin with.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:45 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Try to stay on topic. Romney is part of the company.

He's also an influential candidate who has pledged to protect American jobs.

This should be easy for him.
Why and how?

And you are complaining that Romney has pledged to protect American jobs? Wow....pathetic on your part that you don't agree to "help American Jobs."

Unless jobs is a 3 letter word to you.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why and how?

And you are complaining that Romney has pledged to protect American jobs? Wow....pathetic on your part that you don't agree to "help American Jobs."

Unless jobs is a 3 letter word to you.
This make no sense.

Can you please re-write this using complete sentences and thought structure so I can respond.

Thank you.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It does seem odd that he would go on so negatively about China during the debate the other night and then ignore a perfectly good opportunity to show that he is serious about protecting American jobs.

Oh, well. I guess he doesn't really mean that either.
Quelle surprise.
Maybe there's something there he doesn't want in the spotlight. Or, it's just his usual pattern. He'll make money, the employees lose, China's gain, and Romney's all talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections