Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 AM

38,952 posts, read 50,866,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Obama has been up in every Ohio poll since October 11.

Not good for Womney
Gravis has it tied in their latest poll. They had him down 1 last week so he is surging. Not sure Gravis is a real poll though. In any case it is a robo, and I put the robos very low on my credibility scale.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:01 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,050,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, as you are saying, this is your prediction but it does differ from the experts the last couple of days. Even though I do not think there are that many undecideds, Monday night may make a slight difference for some; Romney is going to take NC for sure, VA is still too close to call and so is CO, though he may very well take both. Fl is most likely his and NV is still very close. Yes, Obama will carry OH, MI, and probably IA. WI shold be Romneys but it is too close to call as well. Some of the states you haven't mentioned that seem to be changing: PA, is one of them and NH another.

Nita
Romney will get VA, CO, NC even if he wins Fla he would still lose

I didnt mention PA because that is going towards Obama. WI, MI Obama will carry also. It will be a close election. NV and IA will be Obama's as well.
Obama vs. Romney Electoral Map

Old 10-20-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I've got it 303-235 Obama. FL, NC & MO go Romney and OH, CO, IA, WI, NV & VA go Obama.
I have a feeling CO is going to go to Romney, but your other states may be accurate. Obama does have a chance to get Fla, but lets just say he doesn't your calculations may be correct, although I think Romney is going to get CO, unless he starts to **** off the NRA.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:07 AM

38,952 posts, read 50,866,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I have a feeling CO is going to go to Romney, but your other states may be accurate. Obama does have a chance to get Fla, but lets just say he doesn't your calculations may be correct, although I think Romney is going to get CO, unless he starts to **** off the NRA.
Latest polls all have Obama in better shape in CO than in FL and other places. Both Gravis and PPP have Obama up so you have it from the left and the right. I am somewhat surprised. Mormons and evangelicals matter in CO. That is offset by hispanic voters, They may actually be motivated this year. It is too close to call.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:10 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,692,240 times
Default Daily KOS Poll: Romney Leads in Iowa and New Hampshire

Yes, yes, I know, this comes from Kos’s pollster.

What can I say? If the left can cling bitterly to the pollster they call "right wing", Rasmussen as a bulwark against terrible numbers from Gallup, I can cling to this.

RCP’s average already had New Hampshire within a point so the new PPP number there isn’t news. The Iowa number is. This is the first poll in a month showing Romney ahead in the state, notwithstanding his blockbuster debate two weeks ago. NBC’s poll last night, in fact, had O up by eight points in Iowa, a ridiculous figure given that Obama’s worried enough to have campaigned there just two days ago.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,331,375 times
Quote:

Not good for Womney
ARG has Romney +1. Romney still has some work to do in Ohio but it'll move Red when it counts, Nov 6.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Latest polls all have Obama in better shape in CO than in FL and other places. Both Gravis and PPP have Obama up so you have it from the left and the right. I am somewhat surprised. Mormons and evangelicals matter in CO. That is offset by hispanic voters, They may actually be motivated this year. It is too close to call.
I find it interesting that Romney is having a hard time with his people, for instance losing Mass to Obama, and MI (we know why) and CO should be handed over to Romney, but its not. I think that is a telling sign about Romney, that those who know him well are NOT voting for him. If Fla goes to Romney I wouldnt be completely shocked. I was shocked when McCain got Fla last election.

I am voting for Obama, right now I am to the point of saying whoever wins the election doesn't matter anymore, because Jesus will still be sitting on the throne either way

Old 10-20-2012, 10:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,776,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
who cares if its 270 or 538...its a win.
Nothing has been won yet.

Quote:

Not good for Womney
Apparently, you don't bother looking in the internals of a poll, just take the headline for gospel.

Using a DEM+9 sample gets obama a TIE. Using a VALID sample gives Romney the win.

Quote:
I was shocked when McCain got Fla last election.
Let me shock you some more. McCain didn't win FL.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:24 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,920,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
If he's going to do that, he'd better calm those old people down some. The older people that I've encountered in my work are always questioning me if their health benefits are being reduced because of Obamacare. In truth, they are not, but that doesn't stop them from saying it. There is a rumor among them that Med Advantage will be gone by 2014. Somebody needs to calm them down. They are a fearful bunch, espec the white ones who are already predisposed not to support a black man.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:27 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,331,375 times
So much for Obamas post debate bounce. Rasmussens tracking which has all post debate days, Romney +1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections