Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 05:48 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Many people said that you can't vote for McCain because Palin becoming president is too scary of a thought. Why isnt the same true for Ryan?
I would be far more scared if crazy, drunk, uncle Joe Biden was president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 05:52 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Bidden thinks we have soldiers in Iran. Can't imaging his gaffs when he talks to political leaders in other countries.
Link to where Biden says we have soldiers in Iran. Take your time, but do get back to us.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:34 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
Obama, Romney, Ryan or Biden - I may like some of them more than others, but the thought of any one of them as President wouldn't give me any sleepless nights. But I have to admit, when McCain named Palin VP in 2008, that gave my vote to Obama.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Cheney on a hunting trip
Ted Kennedy driving a car.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Many people said that you can't vote for McCain because Palin becoming president is too scary of a thought. Why isnt the same true for Ryan?
Frist of all, I doubt one person or certain a very few did not vote for McCain because of Palin. that is a complet cop out and anyone who believes it needs to understand politics a little better. Very few people vote based on the VP candidate. Now, to answer you question: I think many think Ryan would and could do a great job as Pres. Remember, whether you like his views on SS and Medicare, the Pres doesn't change or make laws in regards to such things, so his ideas would only get the attention of the congress, not be put into law unless the congress passed a bill to change the curreent laws. Just like Roe versus Wade, it is unlikely to ever be changed.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
If Romney loses this election, Ryan will likely throw his hat in the ring for 2016.
along with about 6 other good choices...but that isn't the question on this thread...

Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Frist of all, I doubt one person or certain a very few did not vote for McCain because of Palin. that is a complet cop out and anyone who believes it needs to understand politics a little better. Very few people vote based on the VP candidate. Now, to answer you question: I think many think Ryan would and could do a great job as Pres. Remember, whether you like his views on SS and Medicare, the Pres doesn't change or make laws in regards to such things, so his ideas would only get the attention of the congress, not be put into law unless the congress passed a bill to change the curreent laws. Just like Roe versus Wade, it is unlikely to ever be changed.
I think you might be incorrect on your statement about the Palin decision not having any effect on McCain votes. I know several people who were on the fence and felt that naming Palin did not show good judgement from McCain. But then again, neither you or I actually know how many votes it really affected, though with your extensive understanding of politics that the rest of us do not have, you are probably right.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:49 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Quote:
Ryan will be a great president one day. Much preferred over Jugears or Crazy Joe.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:40 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,051 times
The answer lies in a photo of Ryan approved by republicans and Ryan himself. It shows Ryan in a backwards facing baseball call, ear buds, and pumping iron. Since when do Americans want a teen age boy to run the country? All that is missing from Ryan is for him to break out in a hip hop or rap song.

Secondly, at the VP debate Ryan when on and on about his "beanie baby," the words Ryan used to describe an ultrasound image as a "bean with a heartbeat." He said this image had defined his opinion of life in the womb. Later in the debate Ryan went on to say that if Romney/Ryan were elected they would send troops to Syria and initiate a war in Iran while continuing the war in Afghanistan. I find it odd that Ryan can place such high regard on as he described, "a bean with a heartbeat," and yet have no problem sending our young men and women to fight and die in useless unfunded wars that resolves nothing.

In addition I am amazed at the acceptance of Ryan as Romney's VP nominee among republicans. Why didn't Romney pick a well-qualified woman or a minority? Why not Bachmann or Palin? Why not a qualified black, Hispanic, or Asian man or women? After all, Romney had a "binder full of women to chose from."

Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,860,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The answer lies in a photo of Ryan approved by republicans and Ryan himself. It shows Ryan in a backwards facing baseball call, ear buds, and pumping iron. Since when do Americans want a teen age boy to run the country? All that is missing from Ryan is for him to break out in a hip hop or rap song.

Secondly, at the VP debate Ryan when on and on about his "beanie baby," the words Ryan used to describe an ultrasound image as a "bean with a heartbeat." He said this image had defined his opinion of life in the womb. Later in the debate Ryan went on to say that if Romney/Ryan were elected they would send troops to Syria and initiate a war in Iran while continuing the war in Afghanistan. I find it odd that Ryan can place such high regard on as he described, "a bean with a heartbeat," and yet have no problem sending our young men and women to fight and die in useless unfunded wars that resolves nothing.

In addition I am amazed at the acceptance of Ryan as Romney's VP nominee among republicans. Why didn't Romney pick a well-qualified woman or a minority? Why not Bachmann or Palin? Why not a qualified black, Hispanic, or Asian man or women? After all, Romney had a "binder full of women to chose from."
Because some people have better judgement than to obsess over political correctness. It was Martin Luther King who said something about judging a man on the content of his character, not the color of his skin. Too bad dems don't follow that advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections