Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 01:07 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
ROMNESIA appears to have struck a nerve. Truth hurts, it appears.

The GOP has liar-in-chief as its candidate - afflicted with ROMNESIA.

Love it.
We don't have to buy the lies;

Too many of us have already lived with the truth.

Obama has a track record.

Been down that track.

Not going back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 01:09 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,471,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Not going back.
Back to what? A stock market and banking collapse? Massive job losses? Two unfunded wars?

How easily some forget. It's called ROMNESIA.

Funny. I remember four years ago the US on the verge of economic collapse, with the banking/financial system in tatters, DJIA plummeting, fighting in Iraq, jobs being shed at the rate of 800,000/mo., with the US being hated as being an overbearing bully.

Today, finally, DJIA is back over 13,000, we are out of Iraq, stopped the job losses. Overall, the Titianic is heading in a better direction, and our foreign relations are based on reasonable discourse instead of cowboy, knee-jerk diplomacy.

This was not your father's recession. It is unrealistic to expect a recovery in three years when we were shedding jobs throughout 2009 and 2010. In the 80s we still had our manufacturing base and banking system. Today there are no jobs to come back to. And, the banks are still skittish about lending after their near-death experience in 2009.

The scenario of the 2009 recession is unique, akin to that of The Great Depression.

I suspect you, too, may be a victim of ROMNESIA.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Back to what?

This?

Funny. I remember four years ago the US on the verge of economic collapse, with the banking/financial system in tatters, DJIA plummeting, fighting in Iraq, jobs being shed at the rate of 800,000/mo., with the US being hated as being an overbearing bully.

Today, finally, DJIA is back over 13,000, we are out of Iraq, stopped the job losses. Overall, the Titianic is heading in a better direction, and our foreign relations are based on reasonable discourse instead of cowboy, knee-jerk diplomacy.

This was not your father's recession. It is unrealistic to expect a recovery in three years when we were shedding jobs throughout 2009 and 2010. In the 80s we still had our manufacturing base and banking system. Today there are no jobs to come back to. And, the banks are still skittish about lending after their near-death experience in 2009.

The scenario of the 2009 recession is unique, akin to that of The Great Depression.

I saw this same post earlier . . . can't come up with something original? Just cutting and pasting?

I don't need to refer to "my father's recession." I am probably older than your father. I have my own recession memories which I lived through.

No one is going to change your mind about who you are voting for.

For the rest of us who have watched the dollars signs tick up by the second on the national debt, who have waited for the promises that were not fulfilled . . . it isn't a matter of memory . . . it is life as we have known it for the past four years.

Call it whatever you wish to call it.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:17 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Back to what? A stock market and banking collapse? Massive job losses? Two unfunded wars?

How easily some forget. It's called ROMNESIA.

Purely because it is propped up by QE-Infinity. 3Q earnings for many companies were horrible, the increase you see in the DJIA and S&P have nothing to do with actual fundamentals, its just another big bubble set to burst any day now.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:18 PM

235 posts, read 276,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Cons don't?
No, Cons just like to LIE, deceive and drag us in WAR......

Old 10-20-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
No, Cons just like to LIE, deceive and drag us in WAR......
What was it Obama promise to do about GITMO . . .

And what was it he said about getting our soldiers out of both countries immediately after he was elected. . . and how many are still in the middle east . . .

Silly me. I am sure this is somehow all George Bush's fault.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I saw this same post earlier . . . can't come up with something original? Just cutting and pasting?
Facts need to be repeated, even more than lies, before they sink in - especially if the reader is suffering from selective Romnesia.
Quote:
I don't need to refer to "my father's recession." I am probably older than your father. I have my own recession memories which I lived through.
Doubt that. I'm 70 y/o. My father's been dead for years. More likely, I'm older than you.
Quote:
No one is going to change your mind about who you are voting for.
True. So, why are you posting here?

Quote:
For the rest of us who have watched the dollars signs tick up by the second on the national debt, who have waited for the promises that were not fulfilled . . . it isn't a matter of memory . . . it is life as we have known it for the past four years.
Bush was the spender-in chief. Romnesia, again:
Quote:
In the 2009 fiscal year — the last of George W. Bush’s presidency — federal spending rose by 17.9% from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. Check the official numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.
In fiscal 2010 — the first budget under Obama — spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion.
In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion.

There has been no huge increase in spending under the current president, despite what you hear.

Obama spending binge never happened - MarketWatch
It's hard, I know. Facts are often so difficult to accept and inconvenient truths so unpalatable.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:41 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times
So we can add Ph.D to the list of things liberals think Obama absorbed as a community organizer?

Old 10-20-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
So we can add Ph.D to the list things Obama thinks he is?
I think you mean M.D. Yes, indeed. Dr. Obama has got the cure for Romnesia - and this cure even covers preexisting conditions. So, even though afflicted with Romnesia for years, Mitt will be covered.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:51 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,237 times
Mitt Romney not only has his JD but also an MBA from Harvard.

List of JD/MBAs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quick, one of you Obamabots, run and edit Wikipedia! Oh wait, Obama doesn't count, he doesn't have an MBA! In fact, I believe only 8% of his Cabinet have any background in business, the lowest percentage in history.

Throw the slacker out and let's get America back to work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections