U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 04:57 AM

8,539 posts, read 11,869,117 times

Advertisements

1. Big Bird
2. Binders of women
3. "Act of terror"

He mentioned these three items deliberately, each of which have caused a frenzy of activity in the media. The first two made the Democrats focus on things that had ZERO significance to any voter. While the third one (exact words) deliberately went to the Garden speech which BO was so proud of.

In the third debate all he had to do was be himself, and to let BO be himself.

What do you think of this strategy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 05:04 AM

58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
1. Big Bird
2. Binders of women
3. "Act of terror"

He mentioned these three items deliberately, each of which have caused a frenzy of activity in the media. The first two made the Democrats focus on things that had ZERO significance to any voter. While the third one (exact words) deliberately went to the Garden speech which BO was so proud of.

In the third debate all he had to do was be himself, and to let BO be himself.

What do you think of this strategy?
If making a fool out of himself in the 2nd debate and surrendering the 3rd debate to Obama was a intentional, then he succeeded in executing this 'strategy'.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:24 AM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If making a fool out of himself in the 2nd debate and surrendering the 3rd debate to Obama was a intentional, then he succeeded in executing this 'strategy'.
only someone who was paying no attention would think he made a fool of himself in round 2 or surrendered in round 3....He was cool, didn't get flustered and let the Pres come across as a scared, cracky old man, even if he is only 50...He could have talked about Libya a little more, but that is geting a little old. It is being investigated, most of us accept the pres royally screwed up, so lets consentrate on the economy, which is what the majority of the voters really care about right now. BTW, did you really watch the debate and did you watch any of the comments after the debate? I did, the only network I did not watch was MSNBC.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:09 AM

2,976 posts, read 3,548,231 times
yea, i'm sure he meant to deliberately lie about "binders full of women"

Old 10-23-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
only someone who was paying no attention would think he made a fool of himself in round 2 or surrendered in round 3....He was cool, didn't get flustered and let the Pres come across as a scared, cracky old man, even if he is only 50...He could have talked about Libya a little more, but that is geting a little old. It is being investigated, most of us accept the pres royally screwed up, so lets consentrate on the economy, which is what the majority of the voters really care about right now. BTW, did you really watch the debate and did you watch any of the comments after the debate? I did, the only network I did not watch was MSNBC.
I watched the debate. Romney looked the same way Obama looked during the 1st debate. He looked like he did not want to be there, and he looked shocked to discover that his foreign policy "ideas" had already been put in place years ago by Obama. He didn't bring anything to the debate and he looked like he gave up the debate and let Obama win. He was out of his depth. As for Libya, Romney tried to score cheap points with that tragedy weeks ago, and got slapped down during the 2nd debate, and he came out looking like a jerk. It did not surprise me he didn't go there again.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-23-2012 at 08:24 AM..

Old 10-23-2012, 07:22 AM

7,922 posts, read 7,617,489 times
Quote:
Romney looked like he was completely out of his depth last night. He was just repeating what his debate preps told him to say and was virtually endorsing Obama. Mitt looked like a CEO who was visiting another company and trying to learn how they do things.
Loved how Romney said that Obama shouldn't be attacking him..... So what will he do when other Countries and our enemies attack him as Commander in Chief...... go hide in the corner with his thumb in his mouth............ Romney can dish it out but can't take it.... his whole campaign has been about attacking Obama.
Romney looked like a nodding dog last night and had NOTHING to contribute to the debate..... he showed America that he really is just a puppet and a empty suit.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:21 AM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times
Surprised nobody caught Mitts geographical blunder last night when early in the debate he said Syria was Iran's Gateway to the sea....Not sure what he was thinking but Iran has a very large coastline bordering on the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, getting to the Mediterranean through Syria would involve a lot of traveling across desert.
Certainly the same old from Mitt in last nights debate,nothing new or revealing just the same old try and Bs your way into winning and hope enough suckers buy into it...

Old 10-23-2012, 09:49 AM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I watched the debate. Romney looked the same way Obama looked during the 1st debate. He looked like he did not want to be there, and he looked shocked to discover that his foreign policy "ideas" had already been put in place years ago by Obama. He didn't bring anything to the debate and he looked like he gave up the debate and let Obama win. He was out of his depth. As for Libya, Romney tried to score cheap points with that tragedy weeks ago, and got slapped down during the 2nd debate, and he came out looking like a jerk. It did not surprise me he didn't go there again.
He got slapped down because the moderator was totally factually wrong and totally out of place. This is something even most liberal commentators have been saying for the past week. I think her actrions stunned Romney so much he was speechless. Other than that he was right on.Yes, Obama did come out on top in the second debate but by very little. As for last night, I think many are wondering why Romney didn't dwell on Libya but my feeling: everything that can be said, has been. The Pres screwed up: why I don't know. He then tried to cover his mistake by blaming the movie. That has backfired, there isn't much more to discuss about it and the economy is the issue, more than anything. Romney showed class last night and showed he is truely Presidentual...How you can even begin to compare him with Obama, the first night shows you are so biased you can't be objective. As I mentioned, most of the media feel both men did fine overall. Romney could have been a little more aggressive, but didn't want to open up any holes and Obama could have been a bit less insulting and snarky. His demeaner was not very Presidentual...If you want to feel Romney just gave up, go right ahead. No one is going to change your mind...

Nita

Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
He got slapped down because the moderator was totally factually wrong and totally out of place.
She only confirmed what Obama has just said, which was factually correct.

Quote:
Romney showed class last night and showed he is truely Presidentual...
He was weak, and out of ammo, and that does not make him look like a good candidate. To me he looked as bad as Obama in the 1st debate.

If you call a defeat "brilliance" then I dont' know what to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or