Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 05:09 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,833,825 times

Advertisements

[quote=bentlebee;26636387]

"In Europe it was normal to get free birth control but no longer since the health system can't afford it anymore so it has been taken out os social health care...and women have to pay 100% or 80% of the cost for it."

Where on earth do you get your info from?
Contaception is still free in the UK and other Countries.
Guide to contraception - Live Well - NHS Choices
Contraception in France is free and so is the "morning after pill"
Even in China, contraception is free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 05:12 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,833,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I equate this to Obama calling woment prostitutes.

He thinks women have sex all the time, need abortions 24/7, and giving them your money, means you get screwed, and he gets a benefit.
WOW...... you actually believe this?

Old 10-24-2012, 05:26 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,917,807 times
What does the 'Pill' cost these days?

I had a vasectomy years ago, My 2nd Bride is very fixed and was before we met. But long before my first wife i used to pay up front for the pill so i could KNOW ..........
Now i don't recall that cost, but I would if it wasn't worth it

Old 10-24-2012, 05:39 PM

26,972 posts, read 15,187,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I equate this to Obama calling woment prostitutes.

He thinks women have sex all the time, need abortions 24/7, and giving them your money, means you get screwed, and he gets a benefit.

That's just a Fluke.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:55 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,449,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
That's just a Fluke.
More fish (!) in a thread about V! You just can't make up stuff this good!

Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 PM

7,537 posts, read 11,545,727 times
Stop quoting the Faux Snooze & Rush trash is getting ridiculous they been filling your head full of propaganda since day 1

Old 10-24-2012, 06:52 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,961,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Do you even know what the ledbetter act even says?
Yes.

Quote:
I don't think you do.
Then you think wrong.

Quote:
It has NOTHING to do with getting equal pay.
Yes it does. It make it possible for women to SUE for equal pay in a more reasonable time frame- originally you only had a short while from the FIRST INSTANCE (paycheck) of alleged unequal pay. If a woman found out a year later that she got paid less for the last year, too bad, statute of limitations was gone. The Ledbetter Act made it so that time frame is from the MOST RECENT INSTANCE (paycheck) so that if an employer has gotten away with it for 3 years and you find out, your time hasn't run out to sue. That IS about equal pay. It puts pressure on employers to pay fairly or else risk being sued and not having a quick statute of limitations to let them skate.

Quote:
Also, abortion should not be used as a form of birth control.
And people should not eat so much junk food as to get fat. But you know what, it's THEIR body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections