Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times

Advertisements

Romney SPANKED Obama in the debates on that meme.

It's pretty desperate when you have to repeat things that have been factchecked and proven to be BOGUS already!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 11:28 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,961 times
There would still be an auto industry. The auto industry failed because of specific decisions they made. If they continue with poor decisions then they will fail again. History tells us many auto companies have failed in the USA in the history of auto transportation. It is up to the bean counters of the future to tell us if the best course would be the re organization of an auto company vs the government bailout. The government bailout was paid by increasing our national debt. So we have every future and present American paying for the poor decisions of a few. If the auto industry was able to re organize they would have been able to focus on product developement that would certainly help avoid a future failure vs the tremendous pressure on them daily from the unions. I guess the question is should we increase the national debt to help the unions? We as a nation should really get our head straight on questions like these and try to remove these questions from politics.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
There would still be an auto industry. The auto industry failed because of specific decisions they made. If they continue with poor decisions then they will fail again. History tells us many auto companies have failed in the USA in the history of auto transportation. It is up to the bean counters of the future to tell us if the best course would be the re organization of an auto company vs the government bailout. The government bailout was paid by increasing our national debt. So we have every future and present American paying for the poor decisions of a few. If the auto industry was able to re organize they would have been able to focus on product developement that would certainly help avoid a future failure vs the tremendous pressure on them daily from the unions. I guess the question is should we increase the national debt to help the unions? We as a nation should really get our head straight on questions like these and try to remove these questions from politics.
That's another thing, that Romney wants to boost Defense spending, which pays a handful of Defense companies to build stuff that basically just goes somewhere overseas, only to end up going "boom"! Whereas guvmint money focused on helping health care, domestic companies (unionized or no), plus rebuilding roads, bridges and infrastructure... all not only stays in the country, but it also creates lasting and useful domestic assets & value!

Even a military guy like Eisenhower understood this when he signed the Federal-Aid Highway Act, creating many of the interstates we use today.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Whereas guvmint money focused on helping health care, domestic companies (unionized or no), plus rebuilding roads, bridges and infrastructure... all not only stays in the country, but it also creates lasting and useful domestic assets & value!

"Those shovel-ready jobs weren't so shovel-ready afterall"

- President Obama

Old 10-25-2012, 11:40 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
SO why did the Detroit newspaper endorse ROMNEY today?

Old 10-25-2012, 11:41 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
"Those shovel-ready jobs weren't so shovel-ready afterall"

- President Obama
How soon they forget.....

Old 10-25-2012, 11:53 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Obama: If Romney had been president, “we might not have an auto industry” right now « Hot Air

His lies are getting worse and show more desperation. Even you liberals know this isnt even remotely true. Romney's plan would have actually been better and in no way would have killed the auto industry. I dont understand how one can support a man that keeps stooping to new lows.
Without government funding, the auto companies couldn't get the financing to do a managed bankruptcy. That's the inconvenient detail that the Romney campaign leaves out--at the time that this happened credit had completely dried up, and the funding needed was massive. Without the government stepping in, it would have been impossible. I have sterling credit and my local bank had always given me a business line of credit pretty much on my handshake. I had to secure mine (more like way over secure it) after the collapse, although things have eased up considerably since then. I have friends who had their businesses go under in 09 and 10 because they couldn't get their lines of credit renewed, even with a strong track record.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:59 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
SO why did the Detroit newspaper endorse ROMNEY today?
Let me guess: either the Detroit News or some other conservative area newspaper. It's not the Detroit newspaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections