Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 02:57 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ok here we go with the ******* logic again.

You libbies do realize that irregardless of the method of impregnation voluntary or involuntary (rape, incest) life can be created. So thus since God (according to Jesus) is the only one that can create life.

It is God's will.

Like it or not.

Now if your a secularist, atheist etc.... no problem your conscious is clear. For true believing Christians this is a constant struggle to deal with regarding the destruction of life surrounding the abortion debate.
If your religion tells YOU not to abort ......then don't abort.....no stuggle there that I see. No one has ever suggested that you should be forced to abort against your beliefs, have they?

Now, if you think you have the right to force others to live by your religious beliefs, in this country, you are going to have a struggle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 03:25 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Richard Mourdock On Abortion: Pregnancy From Rape Is 'Something God Intended'

This is your modern Republican Party. The rational ones sat mum and allowed the nutcases to take over. You've made your bed, now sleep in it. Backwards, ignorant, superstitious dolts appealing to backwards, ignorant, superstitious dolts.

I suppose incest is also "God's will."
And, God wanted the woman to be raped too?
Just another RW extremist view. Is he in the Joe Walsh corner?

Old 10-24-2012, 03:38 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
It's sad to see no one get's it. He said that conception is God's will. And yes it is.

Not the act of rape or incest or violence.

It is man that wrote the law describing the crime, it consequences, it's punishment and options for the victim.

His views of conception is rooted in reality. His views of the consequences of the crime are bent toward his religious beliefs.

It is the rule of law that has been developed to give the option for abortion. If that is not exercised then the chance of conception is possible.

He points out his adherence to God's will for life. He surely feels man should not usurp it.

It's his belief. Not the belief of rest of the world, a people as a whole or a political party.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:07 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:

This is your modern Republican Party. The rational ones sat mum and allowed the nutcases to take over. You've made your bed, now sleep in it. Backwards, ignorant, superstitious dolts appealing to backwards, ignorant, superstitious dolts.

He amended his views to clarify that what he meant God does not like assaults on people, but was calling every life a gift from God.
Not an evil thought.

Do you suggest EVERY child conceived in rape has to be aborted?

Old 10-24-2012, 04:11 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:

Well, if you believe in God, then you probably also believe that He runs the show. That doesn't mean that God wills evil; it simply means that He allows to happen what He allows.

The question is not "why does He let evil happen?" The question is: "who are you to say what God does?"

Peace,
brian

Old 10-24-2012, 05:22 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:

I was skeptical of this because it is from the Huffington Post, which usually distorts and takes things out of context, but after reading the story, I do understand what he is saying, though we may not like it.

I would imagine that there are children and adults in this world that were born of rape (or even incest). If you were to ask them, I'm willing to bet that they do not wish themselves dead, or for someone to kill them.

In the history of man, there has been much evil; but we can find in the Bible where God has used that evil for good.

A child born of rape could turn out to be a genius, for example, and discover the cure for cancer. That would, if you are a believing person, be an example of God using what began as evil, for good.

I wouldn't go so far to make the claim that "God intended it." But I think that a life is a life, and a child born of rape is just as valuable as any other. Life itself is a gift of God.

Okay, now all you libs can attack me. I've said my piece.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:

Since when does Richard Mourdock represent all Republicans or even our party period. This is one man's opinion and whether you agree or not, he has a right to it. I hope you understand, many Catholics that are Democrats feel the same way..so get over it!!!!!

Old 10-24-2012, 05:33 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times
im opposed to abortion even in the incidence of rape but this is a grossly insensitive and callous statement

of course when it comes to believers , all common understandings of logic go out the window , they must

when a fireman rushes into a burning building and rescues a baby , he is roundly and rightly lauded

if a fireman showed up for work drunk off his ass on a monday and was unable to do his job and the result was a dead person , he would be roundly and rightly lambasted

when a person goes in for surgery and the opperation is a complete success , believers laud god

when a person goes in for surgery and something tragic goes wrong , believers still laud god as the dead person is now in his company

like i said , all common understandings of right and wrong go out the window when it comes to believers and thier interpretation of god

Old 10-24-2012, 05:34 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Brother you folks polarize yourselves over every single thing. I thought Religion and State were supposed to be separated but it would seem you not only meld them you actually revile those who would profess to be a complete atheist.

An atheist or agnostic running for President wouldn't even make it to the first post much less the last one.

I don't get this stuff at all. You got a man sitting in the big chair that endorses droning folks in the name of your security but he's religious?????

You're all nutbars if you maintain political policy in any way shape or form has anything to do with religion.

Forcing a candidate to declare his position on abortion and voting based on that position is the absolute most retarded concept I can think of. What's next; premarital sex? Teen marriages? Flipping the bird to fellow drivers? Fish on Fridays?

Buncha morons.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
And yet, people will vote for them.
-facepalm-
come on, you know this isn't the opinion of the entire party....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections