Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 03:23 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times

Advertisements

You're right, it is over for Willard. They are getting so desperate, it looks like the Koch's and Adelson are dumping piles of cash in a state they have no chance of winning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 03:29 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Buying TV time in Maine? Good for a laugh.

Maine, N.H, and the entire Northeast does NOT vote the same way as Dixie. Romney loses there. His spending money there is obviously a PLOY to give the impression that he's competitive when in actuality, he's going to get his arse kicked on Nov. 6th. The electoral college is NOT his friend. He knows it and so does the President. It's over, absolutely.

The goon can run ads but people in Maine see through the BS. No tax returns, runs away from Bain record, tries to pretend Bush didn't happen, tries to pretend as if Republicans in Congress didn't obstruct the President, vague on plans because he only has GOALS, distorts President Obama's record, lies about the rich paying 60% tax rate when he only paid 14%, doesn't give a damn about half the people in this country, is a clueless warmonger with an atrocious, Neanderthal view of foreign policy, hails from a party that knows nothing about running an economy, only cares about the deficit when a Democrat is in office, lousy VP pick in Ryan, simplistic view of domestic policy across the board, supports that disastrous "trickle-down" economic policy, unconcerned about Civil Rights or the Environment, so on and so forth.

Yes, he should buy TV time in that region of the country, to give those enlightened Obama supporters a good laugh.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:08 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link please.
Here's your link....me. I live in Phoenix and he's definitely airing ads here....approved by him. It's funny people buy into everything the main stream media tells them about AZ.....remember our last governor was Janet Napolitano...the state is not populated by only old angry white men that hate everyone and everything....LOL.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:21 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,222,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfurm View Post
Uhh...I've seen one ad here in Arizona for Obama in the past month. I haven't seen any ads except for the super PACs, for Romeny, and even they have been far and few between. What I have seen is a ton of local ads for our state officials. Maybe I need to watch more TV?
That's what I've seen too.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:02 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfurm View Post
Uhh...I've seen one ad here in Arizona for Obama in the past month. I haven't seen any ads except for the super PACs, for Romeny, and even they have been far and few between. What I have seen is a ton of local ads for our state officials. Maybe I need to watch more TV?
Well consider yourself lucky. Here in Ohio, we dont see anything but political ads. People have had enough and cant wait for this election to be over.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:06 AM

45 posts, read 51,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Maine, N.H, and the entire Northeast does NOT vote the same way as Dixie. Romney loses there. His spending money there is obviously a PLOY to give the impression that he's competitive when in actuality, he's going to get his arse kicked on Nov. 6th. The electoral college is NOT his friend. He knows it and so does the President. It's over, absolutely.

The goon can run ads but people in Maine see through the BS. No tax returns, runs away from Bain record, tries to pretend Bush didn't happen, tries to pretend as if Republicans in Congress didn't obstruct the President, vague on plans because he only has GOALS, distorts President Obama's record, lies about the rich paying 60% tax rate when he only paid 14%, doesn't give a damn about half the people in this country, is a clueless warmonger with an atrocious, Neanderthal view of foreign policy, hails from a party that knows nothing about running an economy, only cares about the deficit when a Democrat is in office, lousy VP pick in Ryan, simplistic view of domestic policy across the board, supports that disastrous "trickle-down" economic policy, unconcerned about Civil Rights or the Environment, so on and so forth.

Yes, he should buy TV time in that region of the country, to give those enlightened Obama supporters a good laugh.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is good example of clueless. And you think the Democrats know about running an economy? Print money and run up a debt is turning out to be a disaster. Democrats just wnat to redistribute and get as many as they can on the government dole. What are you Liberals going to do when all the rich people you want to take from leave the country? How will you Liberals support all your programs then? Just print more money? Talk about clueless.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:09 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,222,091 times
Repubs think just because Romney leads Obama by 1 or 2 points in a few national polls he's gonna win. They forget its going to come down to a few states and the electoral map still favors Obama despite gains made by Romney. All Obama has to do is win the Obama leaning states and Ohio and he is re-elected. Obama still leads by 5 points in Ohio and Obama is currently winning the early votes in Ohio. Obama also has a significant lead among women in the Ohio early voting. When Bush carried Ohio in 2004 he had a big lead among women in the state. Obama just has a better ground game/get out to vote plan than Romney.

Obama has edge in early vote
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...in-early-vote/

"Public polls show Obama holds double-digit leads among people who have already voted in Iowa, Ohio and Wisconsin, states where in-person early voting is allowed."

Obama wins Ohio then Colorado, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida won't even matter. It's just too little too late for Romney. He wasted an almost entire campaign season and just woke up a few weeks ago. So suck it up for another four years and hope that you guys can find somebody who can beat Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 10-24-2012 at 07:19 AM..

Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
The people who run PACS get paid based on the amount the PAC raises. The object is to get as much as possible so they get a big check. Who cares who wins?

They get a spiff off of all the TV ads they place. So they get paid on both ends. All this fund raising goes to political consultants and ad makers and TV stations.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:51 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

If there is ever an idiot whom I can call "Obama's lapdog", this guy is it. The next best Obama-fan doesn't even come close. I am quite convinced that this guy gets up in the morning and pray before a life-sized portrait of Obama before he goes off to get his government handout for the day.

And this is coming from someone who dislikes Romney...

Old 10-24-2012, 12:23 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,008,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link please.
I live here. He has had commercials on for the past month. The point is that nobody actually expects Obama to carry Arizona. Nobody actually expects Romney to carry Maine. The fact that Romney is airing ads in Maine tells me that he knows if he loses Ohio, he is going to need other states to get him to 270.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections