Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 02:18 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,754,711 times

Advertisements

I'll abstain from opining on policies, here, but from a pure sports point of view, this has been a hell of an election year. The conventions, debates, bounces, surges, rebound, battles,etc. have been pretty riveting. I have been checking the polls daily for a month.

A darn good game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 02:20 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,171,226 times
Ditto that.

Regardless of the results, it has been an exciting election season.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,237 times
Totally. And even though there's a lot of people I disagree with on this board, there are plenty that I respect for being pretty level headed and pragmatic about their beliefs, even if we dont see eye to eye.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
If they say they will take money from people and you have no skin involved, it's a game.

If they threaten to take money you've earned to give to the government who takes a huge handling fee before divvying up the bones, it's not a game.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:28 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,098,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I'll abstain from opining on policies, here, but from a pure sports point of view, this has been a hell of an election year. The conventions, debates, bounces, surges, rebound, battles,etc. have been pretty riveting. I have been checking the polls daily for a month.

A darn good game.
true, however he could have buried Romney early with a strong 1st debate. it's close because Obama sleepwalked

Old 10-24-2012, 02:29 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:

A darn good game.

The problem is that this is not a game. We have an inept, incompetent president who has rung up $6 trillion in debt, failed on the economy, and is a foreign policy disaster. For the good of the nation, he has to go. Fortunately, he only has a couple of months left in office.

Had Obama been competent and not so corrupt, the election would have been interesting. However, it more pathetic than anything.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:35 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,237 times
^ it kind of is though. Even if Romney wins, it wont have nearly the impact on my life that I may think it will prior to the election. Ditto Obama for any conservative. Its not like one term of a Presidency is going to make this country a former shadow of itself. I don't care what news organization or loony conspiracy theorist on either side of the aisle says otherwise. Obama wont take away your guns, Romney wont outlaw all abortions.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:38 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,617,892 times
Quote:

A darn good game.

Yep it has....no matter what happens, life will move on in America...this is why we are the greatest country-

Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Yep it has....no matter what happens, life will move on in America...this is why we are the greatest country-
Exactly so. I and my SO went through several bottles of wine the night Reagan won, convinced we were all doomed. What can I say--we were young and naive.

I think South Park had the best take on this following the 2008 election, when all of the Obama supporters were out in the streets celebrating because they were convinced everything was going to change, while the McCain supporters were heading down to their bunkers, also convinced everything was going to change. And the next day, we all got up and went to work, just as we had the day before. It helps to remember that when we get bogged down in the day to day muck of elections.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:19 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,059,788 times
Except there is a very clear roadmap for what too much government debt, not to mnetion private debt, and regulation can do to economies. Europe, starting with the PIIGS, and with France not too far behind. We - as a nation - better demand fundamental changes that involve reigning in the big three, medicare/medicaid, social security and defense. the changes can be gradual and phased in, but change we must.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Exactly so. I and my SO went through several bottles of wine the night Reagan won, convinced we were all doomed. What can I say--we were young and naive.

I think South Park had the best take on this following the 2008 election, when all of the Obama supporters were out in the streets celebrating because they were convinced everything was going to change, while the McCain supporters were heading down to their bunkers, also convinced everything was going to change. And the next day, we all got up and went to work, just as we had the day before. It helps to remember that when we get bogged down in the day to day muck of elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections