Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,868,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
....or you're pissed that a black person can think for themselves.
^probably that.

or perhaps she is well aware of the rising cost of living -food, gasoline, and now housing, particularly rentals due to federal reserve manipulation. here is an interesting rarely discussed aspect of the federal reserve manipulation, with graphs, from mybudget360:

Inflation by any other name

rising rents shift the fed "bailout" onto the poor and working class-- but we already know that.

The CPI continues to make an attempt to measure the changes in price. It is interesting that lower rates have actually placed the largest burden on those least able to support it. You have rising rents for many Americans and the cost of rising food and fuel is hitting those on fixed incomes like Social Security but also the millions on food stamps. Then you have the rising cost of higher education and many feel trapped.

maybe she is tired of struggling, with nothing to show for it
maybe she is tired of massive foreign aid and obama's foreign debt forgiveness-which does nothing for her
maybe she is tired of working hard, and being overtaxed and underserved
maybe she is just tired of promises being broken
maybe she is tired of our government dealing weapons and losing weapons
maybe she is tired of watching young men and women die in unwinnable wars
maybe she is tired of watching efforts to seal the records of the "most transparent" administration ever, or fast and furious executive privilege, or lying about benghazi

isn't america great that not everyone falls in lockstep with a "party line"?

Last edited by floridasandy; 10-24-2012 at 08:12 PM..

Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,918,733 times
I just re-read the OP's post - strike my 90% is 100% false line.

It is actually 99%.

The only thing that made sense in OP's post is that he is "puzzled" - yes, liberals often are.

That is why they don't make good leaders.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,901,639 times
She has every right to vote for who she chooses.

If i believed Romney was truthful and heard more details, I would be clapping with her.

No White person should be voting for him either because of an unstable platform.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 PM

52,328 posts, read 34,040,569 times
I'm just shocked that your immediate reaction wasn't to squeal 'aunt jemima!!'

In reality that's probably precisely what you did.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,588,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
..and, of course, I am puzzled as to why she would be a supporter of this man. Here is someone completely out of touch with Americans who are not millionaires, and while the GOP can always play on peoples fears and prejudices to get poor white trash to vote for someone like Romney, I have no idea what this black woman was thinking.

I have to surmise she was a millionaire. If she was, she at least would be likely voting for her own financial motives, but if not, then she identifies with someone who does not give a damn about anyone other than rich, white males.

Aint America great?

Well,maybe she hates people who go to bed knowing an embassy is under attack and do nothing to save the 4 people who died.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,365,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
She has every right to vote for who she chooses.

If i believed Romney was truthful and heard more details, I would be clapping with her.

No White person should be voting for him either because of an unstable platform.
You need to open up your vocabulary to the word unsustainable which is what every credible agency across the globe has said about the U.S. economy and its debt ratios.

Unstable will suddenly seem like a beacon of hope when your Obamagogue gets what he's ultimately and undeniably been asking for his entire term.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:49 PM

20,103 posts, read 16,051,215 times
Why shouldn't she be? We are capable of making our own political decisions.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:52 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,563,263 times
Well there are black republicans...male and female.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:52 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,154,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
I have no idea what this black woman was thinking...

Your own statement may be a clue to your dilemma.
Bravo!

Old 10-24-2012, 07:53 PM

29,972 posts, read 18,533,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
..and, of course, I am puzzled as to why she would be a supporter of this man. Here is someone completely out of touch with Americans who are not millionaires, and while the GOP can always play on peoples fears and prejudices to get poor white trash to vote for someone like Romney, I have no idea what this black woman was thinking.

I have to surmise she was a millionaire. If she was, she at least would be likely voting for her own financial motives, but if not, then she identifies with someone who does not give a damn about anyone other than rich, white males.

Aint America great?
Wow-

And libs call conservatives racists! Libs (particularly black libs) feel that blacks should not be able to think for themselves and should ALWAYS vote for the democratic candidate, inspite of who that candidate may be.

By reflexively voting democratic, blacks have made themselves politically irrelevant. Dems never have to do anything for blacks, as they will vote democratic anyway. Republicans never have to do anything for blacks, as if they did, they would vote democratic anyway.

By being a group of 100% reliable democratic voters, blacks have positioned themselves to be politically irrelevant and have conditioned both parties to ignore them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections