U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 07:50 AM

39,336 posts, read 20,411,294 times

Advertisements

The Boy Scout and the Bad Boy, Mr. Clean-Cut, and Mr. Mystery. They're the two prototypical guys nearly every one of us women has encountered in our romantic lives. Ultimately the one we chose predicted our grown-up woman futures -- then as now.

Articles: Women Know Mitt and Barack (We've Dated Them Both)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 07:57 AM

14,756 posts, read 10,651,785 times
Never thought about it that way, but boy, it is spot on.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:03 AM

376 posts, read 556,185 times
Default Predicted Romney would close the Gender gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The Boy Scout and the Bad Boy, Mr. Clean-Cut, and Mr. Mystery. They're the two prototypical guys nearly every one of us women has encountered in our romantic lives. Ultimately the one we chose predicted our grown-up woman futures -- then as now.

My theory is that many women will vote or at least have confdence in a guy depending on how handsome or attractive he is (I would ex[ect men to be similarly affected if there were 2 women running btw). I predicted Romney would close the gender gap because of his looks and especially after he tabbed Ryan who has that boy scout look to him as well that many women trust. both Obama & Biden have that "bad boy" aura about them that women are attracted to but many have a hard time trusting. Or at least many feel they have been burned by the trust they placed in these 2 "bad boyz."

I predict that women (or at least many more women than normally vote Rep) will vote for Romney as they realize the hits on the economy Obama has generated. Guess we'll kow for sure on election day.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:04 AM

376 posts, read 556,185 times
I liked Ron Paul by far as the best and smartest guy running but let's face it, he and Gingrich are just to ugly to be President.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:04 AM

5,313 posts, read 7,582,531 times
I've dated my share of bad boys, and I would never dub Obama or Biden as being the bad-boy type.
Nerds, yes. Bad boys - NO WAY!

Old 10-25-2012, 08:05 AM

3,696 posts, read 5,814,422 times
Please, women are not idiots. Anyone who thinks Romney looks "honest" needs to make an appointment with the eye doctor. If you want slick...vote for Mitt.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,553,776 times
Its amazing how Mr Boy Scout, became Mr Bad Boy, in only 4 years, despite not changing..

Old 10-25-2012, 08:24 AM

5,957 posts, read 5,444,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I've dated my share of bad boys, and I would never dub Obama or Biden as being the bad-boy type.
Nerds, yes. Bad boys - NO WAY!
I know right? LOL. Obama is definitely an introverted nerd. Charming when he wants to be but other than that, he's only really going to be relaxed around his small circle of friends and family. And he has a big old ego underneath it all.

Romney is an awkward guy, who also has a huge ego and hates not being in charge and in control. He's smart, successful and used to getting what he wants. He also strikes me as the type of person who can't see his own privilege.

Anyway, the whole premise of this article is dumb. Women don't sit around imagining ourselves dating presidential candidates in high school.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:30 AM

Here are a few comments to the post.

All I know is what my aunt told me regarding President Obama: "He reminds me of the guys I dated who would say anything they thought would get them into my pants...

Look around, those who married the bad boys/girls haven't fared so well. Having been temporarily tantalized, they mosty end up traumatized.

The reality is that America made a huge mistake in 2008 and actually married the "doper". Divorce proceedings will begin in less than two weeks!

This president seems more interested in snuffing out life in many ways rather than celebrating life.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Women don't sit around imagining ourselves dating presidential candidates in high school.
Tinawina, of course women don't think about dating the president but you should read the article instead of posting an "uninformed opinion". If you had taken time to "read" you would understand that your comment is "NOT" in line with the article.

Your post simply shows you are an Obama cheerleader and you simply "voice your opinion" before you educating yourself on the topic of discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or