Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 05:15 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
There was a much greater youth turnout than was expected. That is how Obama won. Had there have been the expected turnout Romney likely would have had this.
No there wasn't.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
No there wasn't.
It is just the new thing he is telling himself with why Romney "didn't win" cause we all know the Cons can't admit he actually "lost."

Old 11-18-2012, 06:40 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:

... Instead they turned out in greater numbers largely because of Obama's endorsement of gay marriage back in May ...
That's right!

Because Obama supported gay marriage the majority of American voters were energized to hand him an election victory!

Romney lost and it was those lesbians and gays fault!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:50 PM

753 posts, read 727,841 times
Quote:
Most people were predicting the youth to turn out in less numbers this cycle. Obama hadn't delivered the hope and change they were so hyped about four years ago and many are still living with their parents, unable to get their careers off the ground in this economy. Instead they turned out in greater numbers largely because of Obama's endorsement of gay marriage back in May and to keep Romney, who they perceived as a religious wacko, out of office.
Yes.

We've already established that 'most people' (ie, you and a some others who just didn't get it) decided that, rather than look at the best actual evidence we have for how the youth vote turns out when Barack Obama runs for President, (ie, the 2008 election) instead you would make assumptions to the contrary and go by hunches that, by golly, just happen to jibe with the way you wanted things to turn out.

We've established how and why you blew it.

And yet, here you are, defending those bad assumptions. Defending the fact that you went by hunches rather than look at the evidence. Insisting that those foolish assumptions and irrelevant hunches were, indeed, reasonable.

So it seems to me you are not nearly as interested in learning something from your recently-manifested ignorance as in excusing it. By perpetuating it.

You blew it.

And you lost.

I'd advise you to try taking some responsibility for that, but I am of the mind that if you guys want to learn nothing, and proceed to both another election in the future, I'll be pretty happy with that eventuality.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
Yes.

We've already established that 'most people' (ie, you and a some others who just didn't get it) decided that, rather than look at the best actual evidence we have for how the youth vote turns out when Barack Obama runs for President, (ie, the 2008 election) instead you would make assumptions to the contrary and go by hunches that, by golly, just happen to jibe with the way you wanted things to turn out.

We've established how and why you blew it.

And yet, here you are, defending those bad assumptions. Defending the fact that you went by hunches rather than look at the evidence. Insisting that those foolish assumptions and irrelevant hunches were, indeed, reasonable.

So it seems to me you are not nearly as interested in learning something from your recently-manifested ignorance as in excusing it. By perpetuating it.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:06 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Obama owes his victory to Romney's big mouth
And also - Romney's big FOOT in his big mouth!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:10 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is just the new thing he is telling himself with why Romney "didn't win" cause we all know the Cons can't admit he actually "lost."
Conservatives didn't lose. Republicans (and, IMO, the country) did.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:07 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Conservatives didn't lose. Republicans (and, IMO, the country) did.
Does that mean conservatives are not part of the country? No wonder there are calls for secession, they don't consider themselves American

Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
FLASH: Dewey Beats Truman! You readit here first folks.
So not only are you wasting time on a messageboard (which admittedly we all are sadly guilty of) but you are piling on your timewaste by posting on what should be expired threads.

I can't believe I just wasted my time addressing your timewaste.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
So not only are you wasting time on a messageboard (which admittedly we all are sadly guilty of) but you are piling on your timewaste by posting on what should be expired threads.

I can't believe I just wasted my time addressing your timewaste.
sour grapes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections